• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Alloy Wheels

urajdrlk

Question

14 answers to this question

If I use alloy wheel set for Nissan FB-15 (Alloy Wheel Tyre size also same as normal tyre size 175/70/14). Can i get more fuel efficiency than normal wheels? Where can i buy good alloy wheel set? Price? Thanks. :angry-smiley-048:

If you dont have alloys now and if you put alloys, it will be some added weight to the car..so dont expect anything on fuel from it.. :ninja:

If I use alloy wheel set for Nissan FB-15 (Alloy Wheel Tyre size also same as normal tyre size 175/70/14). Can i get more fuel efficiency than normal wheels? Where can i buy good alloy wheel set? Price? Thanks. :angry-smiley-048:

YES you can increase fuel efficiency from ALLOY WHEELS.

But it really depends on what Type of Alloy You need Put. Specially Country of Manufacturer is important.

If its from TAIWAN there are around 3 factories which make light alloy wheels.

in China Just 1. A proper alloy wheel will reduce weight in the long term help on fuel consumption.

You can always weigh the wheel you have and the alloy wheel to check the weight difference.

If you need any info more just post your email.

:)

If you dont have alloys now and if you put alloys, it will be some added weight to the car..so dont expect anything on fuel from it.. :ninja:

as i know, alloys are lighter than normal rims, right? so there cannot be a added weight

YES you can increase fuel efficiency from ALLOY WHEELS.

But it really depends on what Type of Alloy You need Put. Specially Country of Manufacturer is important.

If its from TAIWAN there are around 3 factories which make light alloy wheels.

in China Just 1. A proper alloy wheel will reduce weight in the long term help on fuel consumption.

You can always weigh the wheel you have and the alloy wheel to check the weight difference.

If you need any info more just post your email.

:)

Velocity, can u pls let us know those manufacturers who make light alloy wheels in taiwan & china?

as i know, alloys are lighter than normal rims, right? so there cannot be a added weight

Velocity, can u pls let us know those manufacturers who make light alloy wheels in taiwan & china?

ouch....ma bad..i thought otherwise...! then of course, it should work :unsure:

TAIWAN - DARWIN RACING AND KYOWA

CHINA - YHI Advanti Racing Wheels - Largest of all above and is Technically Supported and Shares owned by ENKEI and OZ racing

Off course you get many JWL and VIA certified factories in China and Taiwan - but they actually do not carry them.

Also one of the best light weight brands are ROTA - but no one has a agency for them over here.

come to the Motorshow and you can see Advanti Racing Rims.

Edited by Velocity

CHINA - YHI Advanti Racing Wheels - Largest of all above and is Technically Supported and Shares owned by ENKEI and OZ racing

Off course you get many JWL and VIA certified factories in China and Taiwan - but they actually do not carry them.

Also one of the best light weight brands are ROTA - but no one has a agency for them over here.

Machang,

If not a trouble can you send me details of vendors where i can get good light weight alloy wheels in colombo. Better if price is not too much :unsure: . By the way my wheel size is 13'. My email is [email protected]

Edited by lasa

Dear Velocity,

What do you thinf about used japaneese ones?

rgds,

Machan i will never ever recomend USED wheels on your car.

Remember that off course we put our hard earned money to our Beloved Vehicale.

Simply the Total Design and the Technology of the Vehicle relies on the Engine Grear Box and the Wheels.

3 Components which we should look after very well for a Reliable Fault Free ownership of a Vehicale.

Every vehicle is design and tested to run on certain set of Wheels.

For example a Toyota Allion comes in Size 14 inch as well as 15 inch. To Save duty many go for the 14 inch Steel Wheel with a Plastic Cup.

At this Moment you can go for Wheels which is bigger because Factory Spec Comes with 15 inch as well,

This 15 inch wheels also comes Particularly to a Vehicale Depending on Vehicale Size / Balance Weight of the Vehicale,

So Wheels need to have a Tested Load Weight / PCD / WIDTH and Bore Size.

Off course many Alloy Wheels vendors will tell you that any 15 inch can be installed. But Its not so.

A 15 inch wheel on a Nissan Sunny should not be fitted to Toyota even if the PCD ( Bolt Pattern Matches ).

because all other dyamics will be different.

So Why not to purchase USED ALLOY WHEEL.

1 ) You will not know the Age of the Wheel

2 ) Used Wheel are reconditioned and sometimes Vendors Repair Damages you dont know how bad the previous owner used them.

3 ) Wheels are Cracked

4 ) Wheel may be Constructed in a Inferior Material.

5 ) Wheels may be Off Balance

Used wheels might Look good but they don't function as well,

If you get a wobble after 80 kmph that means your wheels are bent and off balance. Most people who buy Used rims will have to go through this and it will affect the whole car - specialy if its a Automatic Car.

Always buy New and Specified Wheels for the Car.....

You will save money in the LONGTERM.

Edited by Velocity

thanks !!!

Machan i will never ever recomend USED wheels on your car.

Remember that off course we put our hard earned money to our Beloved Vehicale.

Simply the Total Design and the Technology of the Vehicle relies on the Engine Grear Box and the Wheels.

3 Components which we should look after very well for a Reliable Fault Free ownership of a Vehicale.

Every vehicle is design and tested to run on certain set of Wheels.

For example a Toyota Allion comes in Size 14 inch as well as 15 inch. To Save duty many go for the 14 inch Steel Wheel with a Plastic Cup.

At this Moment you can go for Wheels which is bigger because Factory Spec Comes with 15 inch as well,

This 15 inch wheels also comes Particularly to a Vehicale Depending on Vehicale Size / Balance Weight of the Vehicale,

So Wheels need to have a Tested Load Weight / PCD / WIDTH and Bore Size.

Off course many Alloy Wheels vendors will tell you that any 15 inch can be installed. But Its not so.

A 15 inch wheel on a Nissan Sunny should not be fitted to Toyota even if the PCD ( Bolt Pattern Matches ).

because all other dyamics will be different.

So Why not to purchase USED ALLOY WHEEL.

1 ) You will not know the Age of the Wheel

2 ) Used Wheel are reconditioned and sometimes Vendors Repair Damages you dont know how bad the previous owner used them.

3 ) Wheels are Cracked

4 ) Wheel may be Constructed in a Inferior Material.

5 ) Wheels may be Off Balance

Used wheels might Look good but they don't function as well,

If you get a wobble after 80 kmph that means your wheels are bent and off balance. Most people who buy Used rims will have to go through this and it will affect the whole car - specialy if its a Automatic Car.

Always buy New and Specified Wheels for the Car.....

You will save money in the LONGTERM.

thanks for this useful info....

btw, can i have ur email address pls ? thanx