• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Evaluate Rx8

MX Killer

Guys!

After seeing this I couldn’t stop posting my personal views on this.Pleasae don’t get me wrong or offended but this brand war here is nothing but a window to show how idiotic some of our members are.

Currently I own and drive a Honda, a Nissan a Mitsubishi and each vehicle has its own uniqueness of its class. Finally its not easy to say whats good and bad or in some people’s language what “sucks”. I owned few numbers of Mazdas and I have my list of advantages of disadvantages of that.

Friends please don’t illustrate your immaturity and form superfluous arguments here. Some even gone to the scope of showing graphics of it. That confirms the bareness of their world of motoring.

MINIACE

I'm not into any sort of brand war either, which is obviously stupid n senseless. We are all car lovers. There in no such thing as a perfect car. It all depends on personal preferences. All I'm saying is, new members don't have a clue of this "brand war". Isn't it always better to ask them politely at first.....?

For people who are offended by my goat...It is for humor purpose only. I dont mind some1 having a goat or sumthin banging Mazda logo cus I'm matured enough to understand that it’s humorous. But I will get pissed if it’s the Sri Lankan flag its chewing.

If my signature is disturbing to any1 I'm willing to take it off. If such image can cause disturbance and taken as a personal offence its time to rethink whose mature n whose not.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wo wo wo u guys took that thing very seriously. i jst post that part for fun. k k i take it back. every brand has its own unique qualities. as m using a mazda i just said that. sorry for that bros. i only want to know about the RX8. (Please forgive this 12 yrs old boy) :D. Cheers for all brands. V r car freaks. M, H, M, T rox

Exactly....Welcome to AL.... :rolleyes:

I agree with u mate but as a moderator show sum lil respect(which u r good @). Cus he's still new to AL n hav no idea what so ever that, such small set of words could start a war at AL. So rather than "this guy communicates makes it look like hes about 12 years old" u should hv posted sumthin better. After all "this guy" is a part of AL family. Pls correct me if I'm wrong..... :rolleyes:

I know he's still new. Thats why I hadn't said anything upto that point. And quite franky, that was very restrained for me. Respect is to be earned. Its not earned by speaking like a child among adults. I like to see enthusiasm, but sometimes, its just mis-guided and whole uninformed. Then it just becomes obnoxious and annoying. Left unchecked, you've seen the results.

Besides dude, as far as brand wars go, I've seen it happen and been involved myself. Its a lot of trouble, so I'd like to spare everyone and just nip it in the bud.

I'm not into any sort of brand war either, which is obviously stupid n senseless. We are all car lovers. There in no such thing as a perfect car. It all depends on personal preferences. All I'm saying is, new members don't have a clue of this "brand war". Isn't it always better to ask them politely at first.....?

For people who are offended by my goat...It is for humor purpose only. I dont mind some1 having a goat or sumthin banging Mazda logo cus I'm matured enough to understand that it’s humorous. But I will get pissed if it’s the Sri Lankan flag its chewing.

If my signature is disturbing to any1 I'm willing to take it off. If such image can cause disturbance and taken as a personal offence its time to rethink whose mature n whose not.

mate

"sooooooo wannaaa b a mazda club mem. MAZDA rox HONDA sux biggrin.gif guys pls tel me hw to gt da memshp. sry for the delay jst gt to no abt dis. heard u had 2 meets. dam i misd dem sad.gif. anyways cheers. MX killer."

this is our friend with his first post i believe... the guy open two threads and both he starts by bashing a brand and upping another...

IMHO you don't need to know about "brand wars" at AL to be a little bit more intelligent before making a rather stupid statement like that don't ya think...

also..respect is something you earn and when one starts without having respect for others i don't think they deserve to be treated any better...

Now since Mx_killer has made things clear... we shall put this behind and move on...

apologies to all since i sorta fired this up :P Hopefully folks do learn to respect others and not bash brands without a solid case behind them

Edited by Ripper

Aiyo Aiyo we can never have a pure discussion on cars can we? well i gave my 0.02 cents anyway... its really stupid to compare cars that are in different classes its even stupider to compare cars and have a bias opinion when u havent actually driven the other let alone been in it... in my opinion the RX8 is an awesome car thats fun to drive and which brings a smile to ur face..im not stupid enough to compare it to my GTR which is a total different ball game..that doesnt just leave a smile on my face it scares the shit outta me at times...hence i hope u get my point..a brand war in senseless as each manufacturer derives their cars from what they believe is the best possible market value...they dont do it to be compared in a direct method with another car which is in a different market segment...i.e...the RX8 against the Type-R... Honda's are awesome frigging cars and my biggest regret to this day is that i sold my Type-R but the best decision i made is to have bought a RX8...so at the end of the day its ur choice and money but dont preach to other people what u believe is the best...nobody wants to hear it.... have a good day gentlemen

Aiyo Aiyo we can never have a pure discussion on cars can we? well i gave my 0.02 cents anyway... its really stupid to compare cars that are in different classes its even stupider to compare cars and have a bias opinion when u havent actually driven the other let alone been in it... in my opinion the RX8 is an awesome car thats fun to drive and which brings a smile to ur face..im not stupid enough to compare it to my GTR which is a total different ball game..that doesnt just leave a smile on my face it scares the shit outta me at times...hence i hope u get my point..a brand war in senseless as each manufacturer derives their cars from what they believe is the best possible market value...they dont do it to be compared in a direct method with another car which is in a different market segment...i.e...the RX8 against the Type-R... Honda's are awesome frigging cars and my biggest regret to this day is that i sold my Type-R but the best decision i made is to have bought a RX8...so at the end of the day its ur choice and money but dont preach to other people what u believe is the best...nobody wants to hear it.... have a good day gentlemen

damn!!! well said Andrew :)

I agree with u mate but as a moderator show sum lil respect(which u r good @). Cus he's still new to AL n hav no idea what so ever that, such small set of words could start a war at AL. So rather than "this guy communicates makes it look like hes about 12 years old" u should hv posted sumthin better. After all "this guy" is a part of AL family. Pls correct me if I'm wrong..... :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Hmm..now that makes sense. Second that!. After all if not for members there wouldn't have been a forum. So members both Senior and new deserve respect! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Hmm..now that makes sense. Second that!. After all if not for members there wouldn't have been a forum. So members both Senior and new deserve respect! :rolleyes:

oh gosh...cant you like read or summin...

we don't have a divide like "a" is snr and "b" is not sorta thing here... all are equal until one starts talking rubbish... for that you son't have to be a newbie or a senior

Familiar and boring argument. Try this on for size.

The FORUM would exist regardless of the members. The members make up the character of the forum, but even an empty forum would exist. Sure, it would be a boring place, but there would be a forum.

If you don't understand, I'm not interested in arguing the semantics.

And like I said before, respect is EARNED. Not GIVEN, not DEMANDED. EARNED. People can be given the benefit of the doubt, but once they open their mouths and prove themselves unworthy of respect, I don't care WHO preaches about respect. They have lost mine. And they don't get it back until its EARNED, no matter how many of their friends plead for it!

And FYI, that kinda post, where you don't think and don't have a point is a classic way of loosing any respect you had.

I know he's still new. Thats why I hadn't said anything upto that point. And quite franky, that was very restrained for me. Respect is to be earned. Its not earned by speaking like a child among adults. I like to see enthusiasm, but sometimes, its just mis-guided and whole uninformed. Then it just becomes obnoxious and annoying. Left unchecked, you've seen the results.

Besides dude, as far as brand wars go, I've seen it happen and been involved myself. Its a lot of trouble, so I'd like to spare everyone and just nip it in the bud.

No worries dude. I know its painstaking to resolve such idiotic scenes likes "brand wars" and u might have got mighty pissed when u saw da spark starting again... :D. Do we have a sticky or rules against "brand wars"...If not we should. So, when a newb mistakenly or intentionally post such comments we can ask him/her to refer the rules.

QUOTE(MX Killer @ Jul 9 2008, 01:09 PM) *

wo wo wo u guys took that thing very seriously. i jst post that part for fun. k k i take it back. every brand has its own unique qualities. as m using a mazda i just said that. sorry for that bros. i only want to know about the RX8. (Please forgive this 12 yrs old boy) biggrin.gif. Cheers for all brands. V r car freaks. M, H, M, T rox

Ripper as u can c he didn't mean it n the comment is based on humor than offence. I was able to figure that out....If I felt that its offensive I will tell him myself that such is not acceptable in this forum. Just relax machan...... we are all in this together.

O.k. Back to Evaluating Rx8.....

when i look at this it reminds me of my first day at AL ..... :jumping-smiley-013::lol:yap it's pointless on brand wars ... who deosen't like to sell their type R and buy them self a GTR or a M3 if they can afford ...

and wel said andy machang ..... true to the last word B)

wo wo wo u guys took that thing very seriously. i jst post that part for fun. k k i take it back. every brand has its own unique qualities. as m using a mazda i just said that. sorry for that bros. i only want to know about the RX8. (Please forgive this 12 yrs old boy) :D. Cheers for all brands. V r car freaks. M, H, M, T rox

Why don’t we stick to the topic “Evaluating RX8” and top running other people’s rides we might get some where and learn some thing productive.

No worries dude. I know its painstaking to resolve such idiotic scenes likes "brand wars" and u might have got mighty pissed when u saw da spark starting again... :D. Do we have a sticky or rules against "brand wars"...If not we should. So, when a newb mistakenly or intentionally post such comments we can ask him/her to refer the rules.

QUOTE(MX Killer @ Jul 9 2008, 01:09 PM) *

wo wo wo u guys took that thing very seriously. i jst post that part for fun. k k i take it back. every brand has its own unique qualities. as m using a mazda i just said that. sorry for that bros. i only want to know about the RX8. (Please forgive this 12 yrs old boy) biggrin.gif. Cheers for all brands. V r car freaks. M, H, M, T rox

Ripper as u can c he didn't mean it n the comment is based on humor than offence. I was able to figure that out....If I felt that its offensive I will tell him myself that such is not acceptable in this forum. Just relax machan...... we are all in this together.

O.k. Back to Evaluating Rx8.....

my apologies to all the AL mem. i didnt mean it bros. i thought only mazzies are in this forum and thats y i said a thing like that. or else i wont. Relax ppl. m Still new to AL and didnt know about this brand wars. so sorry. this becme a more serious issue than evaluating the RX8. (hehe).

MX Killer

All cars Rox Killer Sux :D

my apologies to all the AL mem. i didnt mean it bros. i thought only mazzies are in this forum and thats y i said a thing like that. or else i wont. Relax ppl. m Still new to AL and didnt know about this brand wars. so sorry. this becme a more serious issue than evaluating the RX8. (hehe).

MX Killer

Kool Scene, In Al most own Nissan's,

MX Killer

Quite a few AL members like to read happenings from all over the board, not just sections. Don't worry about it. And brand wars isn't a named event, it was just a convenient term to describe the verbal fights. It's not a big issue. You are free to have your own opinion on the brands. But just like in real life, you need to watch what you say and where you say it. Sorta like you shouldn't go around loudly declaring that ol' Velu is an ass in your opinion if you are walking around the Wanni.

This I think is a very practical point. You can hardly maneuver any small car in a situation like this.

Some nice posts LOL.

I was lucky enough to drive an RX 8 resonably hard at the MFOC event # 2, and had a super fantabulous time.

man I need a RWD......, with the RX 8's DSC switched off, it was a cinch to get the tail out.... the owner of da car got it out even with the DSC on !

super driving position, 6 speed short shift, 9K plus redline, loloks and the noise .......man a lovely car.....

Yes its not practical for Sri Lanka but hey thats why its so desirable....you want practicality buy a 121 Corolla or the latest "permit 141 , very nice superb cars, made to the highest standard for years of trouble free motoring....

OOOh I so baaddly want a RWd...........

Quite a few AL members like to read happenings from all over the board, not just sections. Don't worry about it. And brand wars isn't a named event, it was just a convenient term to describe the verbal fights. It's not a big issue. You are free to have your own opinion on the brands. But just like in real life, you need to watch what you say and where you say it. Sorta like you shouldn't go around loudly declaring that ol' Velu is an ass in your opinion if you are walking around the Wanni.

Two thumbs up!!!! :grinning-smiley-003:

MINIACE

he he.. Well mate, not to stir things further, but quite a few people HAVE already commented on your little goat, so don't be suprised :)

As for your statement about newbies and their lack of knowlege with regard to etiquette, you might wanna set an example...

I guess you would find it offensive to feed the national flag to your goat, as would I... But I'm sure there are a few in here who feel just as passionate about their brand. So, I don't really see the humorous aspect.. I just see an illustration of brand bashing..

No offence mate, you know me and this is just my stupid opinion.

he he.. Well mate, not to stir things further, but quite a few people HAVE already commented on your little goat, so don't be suprised :)

As for your statement about newbies and their lack of knowlege with regard to etiquette, you might wanna set an example...

I guess you would find it offensive to feed the national flag to your goat, as would I... But I'm sure there are a few in here who feel just as passionate about their brand. So, I don't really see the humorous aspect.. I just see an illustration of brand bashing..

mate...i think it's a sheep :lol: but 100% with ya :)

Non taken mate :rolleyes: . I agree with ur stupid opinion. As u know I'm not a brand basher either. Anways sorry for the misguidance. No more goats or sheeps. :angry-smiley-048:

gurugsbwaq1.gif