• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Passengers In Parked Cars

mariner

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never park on public roads, Stick to em private lanes and dingy by roads (",)

An year back when I was driving down Duplication road with a friend, em silly cops stopped me and got all monkeyed up coz it was me who was behind the wheel. Even before checking the docs he was all out to take both of us to the police station. Dang! They wanted to know our relationship? whether we were married? when we were gonna be married? whether or not our parents know about the relationship? where were we? where we are off to? Arrrghhh..... what the?

It was terrible coz they they didn't know a ball of English and my friend didn't know a ball of Sinhalese. I wanted to pretend not to know my Sinhalese, but had to speak up when he ordered us to make it to the cop station.

Since our documents were in order and we were driving, not even parked I started speaking back, but the buggers still kept on ranting about taking us to the cops. The minute they figured that I was attempting to make a call they said, ahh yanna yanna ehenam....Hehehehe..I was just calling my mother, the buggers probably thot I was calling sum big shot (",) Crazy, Frustrated, Perverts !

They wanted to know our relationship? whether we were married? when we were gonna be married? whether or not our parents know about the relationship? where were we? where we are off to? Arrrghhh..... what the?

Wtf?? What business is this of theirs?? Crazy Frustrated Perverts is right :angry-smiley-048:

And golden rule number 1 with our cops I think is not to pretend you can't speak Sinhala if you can, because sometimes they rudely tell you not to talk in English, "danna baasawakin katha karapang" is what they told a guy I know who tried showing off in english :)

ahhh, parked cars in bi-roads. I remember this time they evacuated our school on a bomb scare coz there was a ... miata if I remember right... well a small blue car anyway... parked near our school wall, that had been there all night. Right next to our block. They decided to have a bomb drill around midmorning and got every one onto the grounds. Musta been year 6-7 (around 13 years old then). Turns out the owner had checked into a beach side hotel for some nighttime activity :angry-smiley-048:

Hey cmon guys the topic is...PASSENGERS in PARKED CARS...:-) lets not bitch about the Cop uncles. Lets think of ways to avoid dem. How about telling us some nice places where Cops will mind dere own business. And let us :( and :lol: and :angry-smiley-048: in peace....

on marine drive, you can :alc: and :) but not :( ... well you can do the last thing too..but the buggers who are on the first 2 smileys won't leave you in peace :)

i was caught driving without a license when i was 11 and had to give my tuition money (Rs. 400-) as paga...imagine what u could have done with that money 17 yeras back as a kid. *astards!

Actually you should have been whipped, flogged and thoroughly beaten if you were driving alone

at 11 yrs on a public road considering risk to the other road users :angry-smiley-048:;):huh::huh:

Actually you should have been whipped, flogged and thoroughly beaten if you were driving alone

at 11 yrs on a public road considering risk to the other road users :angry-smiley-048:;):huh::huh:

yeah i know i was the one at fault at the time, But the policeman was the adult.He should know right from wrong. The person was supposed to uphold the law and do the right thing! not take freaking bribes..that's what i'm on about.

This isn't about a legality in motoring per se, but I wonder if there's anyone out there who can give some advice on this situ.

A week ago a friend of mine had been parked near Independance Square and had been showing his girlfriend some pics from his laptop, cos he had returned from a couple of months abroad. It was probably around 9pm. A cop had come and rapped on the car with his pistol, and had asked my friend to step out, and rudely asked "thamusela h*********?" (Are you'll f-in in there). Funny thing was my friend was parked near a street light, the last place he would've chosen if he had ulterior motives :huh:

He was told there there is a law saying you can't be with a woman in your own car. My friend replied that he had no knowledge about such a law, and had simply been showing some pictures on his laptop. The cop had been extremely rude to him infront of the girlfriend. My friend isn't very fluent with sinhala but his GF is, and she wasn't very amused. Anyway the cop had threatened to fine him, wen my friend said he would rather take the issue to courts, cos he suspected the cop was asking for a bribe. In the end he got away without paying anything, I guess the cop could see he wasn't guilty. I asked a few people and they couldn't tell us anything about such a law. I don't think calling a police station and asking about it is such a good option for him :huh:

So does anyone know about a law saying a guy and a girl can't be seated in a parked car alone on the road? I mean yea I can see the possible connotations, and the fact that the car was parked on a public road, but I don't think it's right for cops to assume things either. Not to mention come knocking on the car with a gun. It's your own car after all. I remember on the old forum someone had written about a friend who had been pulled up for a similar thing at parliament grounds, but he happened to be a lawyer and humbled the cop. I doubt I'd be able to find that post though, so any info about this is appreciated.

Hey Meriner.... first of all why did you choose a name like meriner ? no worries... it doesnt matter....

anyways I'm the guy that posted that topic in the old forum about one of my friends... and guess what ? I have had about two incedents since then my self ha ha ... never mind about that, and dont even ask me about it ok...

anyways.. there's no hell of a law in Sri Lanka that you cant stay in your car with whom or what ever you want... you can even stay with hundred women ( as long as your not running a mobile brothel ) in the car and there's NO hell of a law where you couldn’t... the only reason they can check you is for under security purposes... but even then they can only check you and nothing else... these F***ers are so damn loosers.... that's why our SL police is so corrupt... you can take them to courts or to the human rights commission if they pull you up for no reason... talk back to them and make your self heard.. or else they'll try to lower you down and maybe get you to give them a bribe or something... try to note the number on their uniform so that you can report it later... I'm so F***ing fed up of the way they treat people... just because they wear a uniform the buggers think their it... they have forgotten that their here to protect and help civilians of this country not to go slamming at them

recently I got copped for my tints... man.. that was a cool scene ... I was talking back at the bugger for almost 45 minutes... anyways that's a long story.. maybe another time....

so next time... you know what to do ... I mean what kind of law is it that you cant stay in your freaking car with who ever you want ? I mean as long as you have paid your taxes you have all the right... however you can not park near any security zones... and you can not expose public indecency ha ha...

;)

the only place is at home...not too sure if u'd want to hang around there wit ur passenger :angry-smiley-048:

ha ha.... now that's one great location...

Hey Meriner.... first of all why did you choose a name like meriner ? no worries... it doesnt matter....

Mariner :huh: I donno it's from a song I was listening to at the time, wouldn't mind changing it now but thats not an option I guess :angry-smiley-048: Sailing's kind of opposite to driving on the street eh ;)

And yea you have summed it up best, shame that the people who are supposed to uphold the law are among the most corrupt..I guess Sri Lanka is just one of those countries

hmmm well atleast some1 answered mariner's q. :-D so dere's no LAW. next time I'll challenge the cop uncles if dey try to interfere with my life.

SriLanka should hire some nice looking female cops.. wouldnt mind they stopping or flagging us down, right?! lol

SriLanka should hire some nice looking female cops.. wouldnt mind they stopping or flagging us down, right?! lol

some time back there were female cops.. even on traffic duty...they were some mean chicks... never gave anyone a warning....

Uhummm, this is an a forum dedicated to automobiles... lol ...

Things not to say to a cop when you're pulled over...

I only had one officer Mr. Keg..

Back off Barney, I've got a piece.

Want to race to the station, Sparky?

On the way to the station let's get a twelve pack.

You'll never get those cuffs on me...You p***y!

Come on write the damn ticket, the bars close in 20 minutes!

Hey, wasn't your daughter a pork queen?

How long is this going to take? Your wife is expecting me.

Hey officer, is that your nightstick or are you just glad to see me?

I'm surprised you stopped me, Dunkin Donuts has a 3 for 1 special!

Yeah you can see my license and registration, officer, but could you hold my beer for a minute?

Hey, you must've been doing' about 125mph (200km/h) to keep up with me! Good job!

Sorry, Officer, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in.

I thought you had to be in relatively good physical condition to be a Police Officer.

Excuse me. Is "stick up" hyphenated?

You know, I was going to be cop, but I decided to finish high school instead.

"Bad Cop! No Donut!"

I was trying to keep up with traffic. Yes, I know there are cars around, that's how far I am behind the other cars.

You're NOT gonna check the trunk, are you?

"Lets do it different this time... I will give you the breathalyzer test, now stick this in your mouth and blow"

Didn't I see you get your ass kicked on "COPS" last week on TV?

Wow, You look just like the guy in the picture next to my girlfriend's bed.

I bet I could grab that gun before you finish writing my ticket

So, uh, you "on the take", or what?

Gee, officer! That's terrific. The police officer yesterday only gave me a warning too!

Do you know why you pulled me over? Good, at least one of us does.

So, are you still crabby because your mamma didn't let you play with your gun when you were little?

Hey is that a 9 mm? That's nothing compared to this .44 magnum.

When you smack the crap outta me, make sure you smile for the video camcorder.

Is it true that people become policemen because they are too dumb to work at McDonalds?

Hey, you look like that girl I f**ked a few days ago...

Aren't you one of the Village People?

Hey officer, want to see a trick? Look at your wife!