• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Micro Double Decker

madmax

Micro launches locally assembled doubledecker bus

micro2ob5.jpg

Full Story:

http://www.lankapuvath.lk/index.php?option...9&Itemid=89

That's good news and looks nice too.

Does this mean we SL can now use these buses instead of importing them ???

One good thing is the headlights are at a lower level compared to the bloody TATA hence it' won't be so annoying when there's 1 behind u at night :D

[/size]

Cool chinthana paint scheme eh..??? :lol:

Edited by mazdaspeed

That's good news and looks nice too.

Does this mean we SL can now use these buses instead of importing them ???

One good thing is the headlights are at a lower level compared to the bloody TATA hence it' won't be so annoying when there's 1 behind u at night :D

[/size]

Cool chinthana paint scheme eh..??? :lol:

This aint a normal road bus. Luxury double decker. Was on Rupavahini yesterday. They presented the first one to the President.

This aint a normal road bus. Luxury double decker. Was on Rupavahini yesterday. They presented the first one to the President.

Ahh good now the givernment can transport their goons in luxury to all the protests they organise :rolleyes:

back on topic, do you think these will actully be put into service? even as a luxury service?

Oh and Mazdaspeed, at the end of the day I feel the height of the lights won't matter, cause the F%#*heads driving these buses will be the same ne? :)

Looks great...!! Like to know what the engine used in this will be & the suspension.

Cool chinthana paint scheme eh..???

good one!! Hope this will not be a standard color scheme

Edited by dinosh

Looks great...!! Like to know what the engine used in this will be & the suspension.

good one!! Hope this will not be a standard color scheme

Quoted from micro cars website, no information about suspension though..

Engine: 348hp Cummins 6 Cylinder In-Line Intercooler Turbo Engine

Body: Fully Aluminum Monocoque Low Floor Body

Comfort: 64 Luxury Seats, Fully Air Conditioned

ABS Brakes

Manufacturing a bus is Very Good. But is it suitable for day to day use of Sri Lanka. I think buses tough like TATA & Leyland are more suitable to sri lanka. :unsure:

this Micro bus is a different league than the vikings and Tatas.. the aimed audience is probably pvt tour operators like Ebert silva, jetwing, hem tours etc etc..

This is awesome that SL is moving up (atleast vertically in buses) ... hopefully, low lying tree branches will be trimmed before this bus goes on any out of town escapades. I'd hate to see that huge front glass shattered in its maiden voyage.

So the first bus was donated to the president? What's he gonna do with it? Drive it around town?

Edited by Mean Green z28

This is awesome that SL is moving up (atleast vertically in buses) ... hopefully, low lying tree branches will be trimmed before this bus goes on any out of town escapades. I'd hate to see that huge front glass shattered in its maiden voyage.

So the first bus was donated to the president? What's he gonna do with it? Drive it around town?

Due to the low first floor I don't think this is any taller than the single deck tourist coaches with a cargo floor.

Due to the low first floor I don't think this is any taller than the single deck tourist coaches with a cargo floor.

This should be a foot or two higher than the single deck tourist coaches coz the cargo floor is not as tall as the pasenger deck.

you know come to think of it, those old double deckers imported from the UK suffered a lot thanks to tree branches ! I'm not sure if double deckers are suitable for normal transport in SL

We also have a bad habit of hanging banners etc across public roads !

As for the president, that's probably just for good PR. Local bus assemblers have struggled to compete with the Indians even in the local market as we've kind of played in to the hands of the Indians through our bi-lateral agreements !

Edited by The Don

That's good news and looks nice too. One good thing is the headlights are at a lower level compared to the bloody TATA hence it' won't be so annoying when there's 1 behind u at night :D

I saw this on the road couple of months back, may be on the test. I didn't like the lights much. Rear and front lights looks too small in size compared to the size of the vehicle. But the bus looks really nice.

Edited by ash