• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Porsche In Sl

fuzzo

wait..im confused. there's a new SL with 301 plates? Didn't that car come out quite a while after the 301s were through?? It was released in 2003, I believe..so how does that add up??

Didn't Upali Dharmadasa have a SL back in the day? Its been a while since I was in SL last..but i think the black (old model) one used to be his. And if I'm not mistaken I remember hearing somehting about him having a new one as well last year.

dude im jus as baffled as u r cos the new SL came out in 2001...301- went upto 2000 i think...havent seen the car in months so the next time i c it i'll take a pic if it manages to stay in one place

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any ideas how much an unreg one is?

i remember this certain sports car dealer was sellin an unreg red one for 3mill in 2002...funny tho i was admiring the previous generation celica (black) that he was sellin for 1.8mill more than this...maybe cos its got a more muscular image

yes i have seen this car which you are reffering to. it's was at a popular garage at braybrooke place. they were selling the chassis, body and front suspension. i assumed that it was imported to fix a crashed car...

that is ravi's car (motorzone) it is now owned by the potluck guy... he wanted 6 or 7 mil for it

The 996 (the outgoing version of the 911, current 911 is the 997) and the Boxter have the exact front, they share about 50% components, I believe. Considering there is only one 996 in Sri Lanka ( owned by the MD of Lanka Aluminium) and the fact that car is in pristine condition, these body parts could have been brought to repair one of the 5 or 6 boxters in SL, some of which I know to have had body panels etc replaced. How much were they asking and how long ago was this? what garage exactly?

As far as I know the following are all the Porsches currently in SL:

Boxter: first gen 5-6 cars (all normal, no S cars)

Boxter: current gen: 1 car (silver, currently on sale for 11m)

996 1 car, convertible, number 301-?

993 (previous 911 before 996) 1 car, 300-?

Cayenne 2 or 3 including an S!

There are some 944 and older models cars imported personally on permits etc but they look way different to the current Porsches, so they can't be confused with the Boxster and 911. In fact one 944 S2 (white) sold for close to 1m, but that was a left hand drive converted car in poor condition.

BTW, the Maroon 301 Boxster was bought by who? that car had a slightly dodgy rep

Oh, and there are some 959 and older models imported personally on permits etc but they look way different to the current Porsches, in fact one sold for close to 1m, but that was a left hand drive converted car.

Are you seriously telling me that there was a Porsche 959 in Sri Lanka?????

The 996 and the Boxter have the exact front, they share about 50% components, I believe. Considering there is only one 996 in Sri Lanka (red, owned by the MD of Lanka Aluminium) and the fact that car is in pristine condition, these body parts could have been brought to repair one of the 5 or 6 boxters in SL, some of which I know to have had body panels etc replaced. How much were they asking and how long ago was this? what garage exactly?

The Porsche that you kept up with in your SOHC, was it a Boxter or the red 996? there is also a 993, what color I dont know, but that's it, all the other post 1996 Porsches in SL are Boxters (all normal, no S), of the Boxsters, only 1 is the current model, all the others were imported and sold by the agents brand new for 4m in 1997-8.

Oh, and there are some 959 and older models imported personally on permits etc but they look way different to the current Porsches, in fact one sold for close to 1m, but that was a left hand drive converted car.

mate are you sure there's only one 996 in sri lanka? i remember in another thread reading about a 996 being owned by a person who is related to kaluthota.

mate are you sure there's only one 996 in sri lanka? i remember in another thread reading about a 996 being owned by a person who is related to kaluthota.

My bad, there isn't a single "959" in SL, that's for sure, as the 959 was an ulta rare limited production car, I got it confused with the 944 :D

Yes, there is only 996 that has been officially imprted by the agents, same with the 993, that's all the 911s in SL as far as they agents are concerned, but I know for a fact there are a few more cars, but older models, I am not entirely sure if any of them are 911s, the only one I've seen (and driven) is that awful 944S2.

I edited my post, I think it was 'Pilawoos' who mentioned taking on the Porsches in his SOHC, the silver car you mentioned was the current model normal Boxster that is now on sale, that has around 240BHP, how much BHP did your car have? anyway very impressive. I think the other car could also be a Boxster, not a 911. The 911s looked nearly the same as the Boxster and cost 4 times as much, so not many people bought them.

My bad, there isn't a single "959" in SL, that's for sure, as the 959 was an ulta rare limited production car, I got it confused with the 944 :D

Yes, there is only 996 that has been officially imprted by the agents, same with the 993, that's all the 911s in SL as far as they agents are concerned, but I know for a fact there are a few more cars, but older models, I am not entirely sure if any of them are 911s, the only one I've seen (and driven) is that awful 944S2.

I edited my post, I think it was 'Pilawoos' who mentioned taking on the Porsches in his SOHC, the silver car you mentioned was the current model normal Boxster that is now on sale, that has around 240BHP, how much BHP did your car have? anyway very impressive. I think the other car could also be a Boxster, not a 911. The 911s looked nearly the same as the Boxster and cost 4 times as much, so not many people bought them.

You had me excited there for a second. I saw the red 944S on Saturday, in fact.

About a year ago I saw a silverish 997. No joke, and this was right after they had been launched internationally. Its license plates read XX-0911.

You had me excited there for a second. I saw the red 944S on Saturday, in fact.

About a year ago I saw a silverish 997. No joke, and this was right after they had been launched internationally. Its license plates read XX-0911.

I wish these dudes in SL who own these 911s would actually, once in a while, do the unthinkable and actually DRIVE their cars on the raod, rather than keep them locked up :D

I wish these dudes in SL who own these 911s would actually, once in a while, do the unthinkable and actually DRIVE their cars on the raod, rather than keep them locked up :D

speakin of which some yrs ago motor magazine dug up a 70ish 911 that had been brought down but vanishd for decades...cant remembr where they found it but the article was covered in one of the early 2000 issues

The 996 (the outgoing version of the 911, current 911 is the 997) and the Boxter have the exact front, they share about 50% components, I believe. Considering there is only one 996 in Sri Lanka ( owned by the MD of Lanka Aluminium) and the fact that car is in pristine condition, these body parts could have been brought to repair one of the 5 or 6 boxters in SL, some of which I know to have had body panels etc replaced. How much were they asking and how long ago was this? what garage exactly?

There are some 944 and older models cars imported personally on permits etc but they look way different to the current Porsches, so they can't be confused with the Boxster and 911. In fact one 944 S2 (white) sold for close to 1m, but that was a left hand drive converted car in poor condition.

BTW, the Maroon 301 Boxster was bought by who? that car had a slightly dodgy rep

i remember a red 993 coupe in the old IWS showroom on at the bamba junc...this is probably the car u were referrin to

of the 944's ive seen dark green one n a white one which ajmal was sellin for 3mill...i wont b surprisd if he was the one tryin to sell a shoddily done left to right conversion for that much

Well it's just a regular SOHC Civic 130odd from the factory plus a few local tricks.. :P Well to tell you the truth I let him pass me and then calmly downshifted to rev all the way on the first three changes :):) I think he took it a bit too cool.. but I was very surprised.. my car is one of the 'slower' SOHC's around town :DB)

of the 944's ive seen dark green one n a white one which ajmal was sellin for 3mill...i wont b surprisd if he was the one tryin to sell a shoddily done left to right conversion for that much

:D:D shaq im with you on that one mate

Cule you are correct about the maroon boxter i heard the same story from a very reliable source

how come no1's bought a cayman...:D its the cheaper alternativ to the 911...i assume u knw where the name cayman was derived from

take a look

20511250043ki.jpg

porsche hav apparently adoptd a few caimans at a stuttgart zoo...hows that for supercar CSR

The 996 (the outgoing version of the 911, current 911 is the 997) and the Boxter have the exact front, they share about 50% components, I believe.

forgot to mention cule...the 996 had a facelift later towards the end of its tenure dat made it look significantly different to the boxster in front...the boxster was up-issued too as an anniversary edition (i cant remember wat d anniversary was abt)...limited numbers wit a hefty GBP40,000 price tag...

jus hav a look at the 996 911 turbo n 4S...lights quite different to the boxster's...i assume the entire 911 range got the facelift

the owner of potluck has it now... actually this is the 2nd time he purchased the car... first time around he got it and ravi bought it back off him....

the owner of potluck has it now... actually this is the 2nd time he purchased the car... first time around he got it and ravi bought it back off him....

why the hell did ravi did that? are you sure the potluck guy didnt return the car :) . i think ravi bought the car from the guy who owns the lion pub(the one with the lion head) in mt.lavinia

pretty sure the car wasn't returned. actually ravi sold it pretty cheap and then it was all fixed up and serviced. ravi bought the car back from him at a higher price... so it was definitely smart to sell it back :)

There are two 928's. A white and a beige.