• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Porsche In Sl

fuzzo

pretty sure the car wasn't returned. actually ravi sold it pretty cheap and then it was all fixed up and serviced. ravi bought the car back from him at a higher price... so it was definitely smart to sell it back :blink:

Maybe there was some exchange involved, the price he was asking in cash was far too much for that car. Anyway good for Ravi that he's sold it.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You had me excited there for a second. I saw the red 944S on Saturday, in fact.

About a year ago I saw a silverish 997. No joke, and this was right after they had been launched internationally. Its license plates read XX-0911.

What? a 997 in SL a year ago? Are you sure??? Has it even been out for that long? I seriously doubt that it has!

I've never seen a 944 in Sri Lanka. I've got a new appreciation for those things. One of my friends has one (a 944 turbo), it's an awesome car...and so powerful given that it just has a 2.5litre 4 cylinder engine! And they're pretty damn cheap too for Porsches...lots of power for the money.

I've seen a Porsche (Looked like a Boxster) parked at the Jaic Hilton Car park 2nd floor for a really long time....every time i went there the car looked like it was never used or started...just lying there...i always wondered hu owned that...any ideas?

What? a 997 in SL a year ago? Are you sure??? Has it even been out for that long? I seriously doubt that it has!

I've never seen a 944 in Sri Lanka. I've got a new appreciation for those things. One of my friends has one (a 944 turbo), it's an awesome car...and so powerful given that it just has a 2.5litre 4 cylinder engine! And they're pretty damn cheap too for Porsches...lots of power for the money.

It was, dude. The 997 was released in late '04 or maybe even very early '05. I saw this car, twice at least, in April 2005.

Yes, the 944 is an excellent car. I knew a couple of dudes that had them and they were fun cars. Alright, being front-engined they weren't pure Porsches but definitely value for money.

It was, dude. The 997 was released in late '04 or maybe even very early '05. I saw this car, twice at least, in April 2005.

Yes, the 944 is an excellent car. I knew a couple of dudes that had them and they were fun cars. Alright, being front-engined they weren't pure Porsches but definitely value for money.

well, performancewise i'm sure they rock. but i dont particularly like the 944 on the images that u find on the net.. but i once saw this car on the road, and sudenly it quite a sleek ride!!!

hey.. does anyone know, out of the old air cooled 911's.. who owns the yellow 911 and the red convertible..

hey.. does anyone know, out of the old air cooled 911's.. who owns the yellow 911 and the red convertible..

Hmmmm....I've seen the Red convertible but never ever seen the Yellow one!!! Dunno hu owns the red one though...are u sure bout the yellow 911???

Hmmmm....I've seen the Red convertible but never ever seen the Yellow one!!! Dunno hu owns the red one though...are u sure bout the yellow 911???

Yup... crossed him on the Kalaniya road... he was lookin at me... i was lookin at him and forgot all about the plates...

u must be talking about the yellow targa top. (glass roof), i think that was owned by someone at EAP at one time.not sure. Saw this hefty woman getting into it aafter a night at Blue. She was quite plastered and wearing fur, yes in SL,

u must be talking about the yellow targa top. (glass roof), i think that was owned by someone at EAP at one time.not sure. Saw this hefty woman getting into it aafter a night at Blue. She was quite plastered and wearing fur, yes in SL,

FUR???? when you thought you've seen all there is to see in SL, something like this comes to our ears :unsure:

the only bright red porsche that i know of is the boxter that is at the sale on baseline road...

no machan this is not that car this is a new one. the other one was still at the car sale :D i checked.... and this red was brighter than that boxter tried to take a photograph the guy was too fast.......... :D

hey guy's i just saw a unregistered red porsche thrashing through Baseline Rd. :P i think it's a 911 coz it had a hard top. not sure though :D . man that car was beauty did any of u guy's see this car? this was at about 9.30 B)

Jeez, my list of Porsches in SL is seriously outdated then :P

no machan this is not that car this is a new one. the other one was still at the car sale :P i checked.... and this red was brighter than that boxter tried to take a photograph the guy was too fast.......... :D

I think you are the first one to sight the new Cayman S that's just been imported, it is a 2 seat coupe and has a shorter backside than a 911.

is this a bright red car? man that car was fast :D

If it the caymen, good for SL. That's one amazing car. Good reputation in europe.In terms of Price there was a big gap between the boxter and the 911. This is it!

I think you are the first one to sight the new Cayman S that's just been imported, it is a 2 seat coupe and has a shorter backside than a 911.

The Cayman S is in SL?????? U sure dude...damn not bad at all...heheh Jeremy Clarkson doesnt share ur enthusiasm about the car though...he doesnt like it if i remember right...

The Cayman S is in SL?????? U sure dude...damn not bad at all...heheh Jeremy Clarkson doesnt share ur enthusiasm about the car though...he doesnt like it if i remember right...

as far as iremember he said the car is more or less the same as a 911, power, handling, everything, but as i said its to fill the gap between the boxters and the 911. something 2 the effect of, the potential is there but they have sort of suppressed it's capabilities...

If it the caymen, good for SL. That's one amazing car. Good reputation in europe.In terms of Price there was a big gap between the boxter and the 911. This is it!

wow!!! caymen!!!

isnt that like on the higher end of the price scale? i dont know much about that car....

as far as iremember he said the car is more or less the same as a 911, power, handling, everything, but as i said its to fill the gap between the boxters and the 911. something 2 the effect of, the potential is there but they have sort of suppressed it's capabilities...

Yeah, Clarkson said that, and just about everyone else agrees that the Cayman is about the best car that Porsche has ever built.

The thing with the 911, is because of the 2+2 seats, the engine is not right in the perfect place, it is quite far back, hence the balance is not perfect. In the boxster the engine is in exactly the right place but it is a convertible, which requires some compromises to ensure safety etc. Enter the Cayman, just the 2 seats like a boxster, but with a hardtop, and more power than a Boxster (but less than a 911).

I read in Autocar a comparison between Merc SLAMG, new Audi RS and one other car, the Cayman was the least powerful car of the lot, but came out on top.

Costs just the 18mil though :P