• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Porsche In Sl

fuzzo

Yeah, Clarkson said that, and just about everyone else agrees that the Cayman is about the best car that Porsche has ever built.

The thing with the 911, is because of the 2+2 seats, the engine is not right in the perfect place, it is quite far back, hence the balance is not perfect. In the boxster the engine is in exactly the right place but it is a convertible, which requires some compromises to ensure safety etc. Enter the Cayman, just the 2 seats like a boxster, but with a hardtop, and more power than a Boxster (but less than a 911).

I read in Autocar a comparison between Merc SLAMG, new Audi RS and one other car, the Cayman was the least powerful car of the lot, but came out on top.

Costs just the 18mil though :D

did you se the new autocar issue with the new gt3. I think the front looks bloody ugly. that air vent in front looks like the car is smiling, and the round lights just doesnt work for me.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you se the new autocar issue with the new gt3. I think the front looks bloody ugly. that air vent in front looks like the car is smiling, and the round lights just doesnt work for me.

ive never liked the GT3's cos of their choice in wheel colours...but they'r jus track cars dude so ppl dnt drive em arnd town to show em off...now the GT2 is sumthing else......wat do u think of the RUF porsches?

ive never liked the GT3's cos of their choice in wheel colours...but they'r jus track cars dude so ppl dnt drive em arnd town to show em off...now the GT2 is sumthing else......wat do u think of the RUF porsches?

they did a ruf edition sometime in 2000, but have not seen the new one. That was a beauty. But the cherry on top is the carrera GT for me. pic frm NEC 2005

gt9vt.jpg

they did a ruf edition sometime in 2000, but have not seen the new one. That was a beauty. But the cherry on top is the carrera GT for me. pic frm NEC 2005

no new version yet...giv the RUF guys sum time n they'll cum up wit sumthing maniacal

u knw there was another show in 2004 at the docklands...motorexpo...they had placed the carrera gt on grass...lookd so poor there...there was such a long queue to get to the porsche section at nec that i took the pics from about 20metres away n waitd for 10mins for the crowd to clear around the car

my favorit porsche of all time has to be the 996 911 turbo...if u spot one wit a sports exhaust listen to it carefully...the carrera 4S sounds the same but dsnt look as gud...hasnt the carrera gt got the most gorgeous derrier?

GT3 is not necessarily is a track car, i have seen a couple on the road. in fact i have one on the road on my camera.

GT3 is not necessarily is a track car, i have seen a couple on the road. in fact i have one on the road on my camera.

no dude wat i mean is its a proper track day car...not jus to b driven on track :D porsche specifically made it for track use by strippin it of all the creature comforts...its like the lotus' exige cup...these r road cars but ready for track use straight away

no new version yet...giv the RUF guys sum time n they'll cum up wit sumthing maniacal

u knw there was another show in 2004 at the docklands...motorexpo...they had placed the carrera gt on grass...lookd so poor there...there was such a long queue to get to the porsche section at nec that i took the pics from about 20metres away n waitd for 10mins for the crowd to clear around the car

my favorit porsche of all time has to be the 996 911 turbo...if u spot one wit a sports exhaust listen to it carefully...the carrera 4S sounds the same but dsnt look as gud...hasnt the carrera gt got the most gorgeous derrier?

Machan you should here the sound of the GT, Like a bloody F1 car. Once i saw a 911 turbo take off in the night, usually dont see that, man the grunt, i was just gobsmacked..I love the boxer sound, poetry..

I saw a Carrera GT 3 days ago to be exact...it was a black beauty...

new one or old one, smiley face or not?

Machan you should here the sound of the GT, Like a bloody F1 car. Once i saw a 911 turbo take off in the night, usually dont see that, man the grunt, i was just gobsmacked..I love the boxer sound, poetry..

tell me abt it bro its my second favorite car...even its calm breathin is loud as hell...a lot of manufacturers envy porsche for the power they squeeze out of 3.6L 6 cylinder engines...come to think of it my top two cars r boxers :D

edit: i think i mixed the GT3 up wit the GT3 RS...whoops

tell me abt it bro its my second favorite car...even its calm breathin is loud as hell...a lot of manufacturers envy porsche for the power they squeeze out of 3.6L 6 cylinder engines...come to think of it my top two cars r boxers :D

The boxer sounds like bit takaran like doesnt it, but not tinny as such but ah man hard to describe, do you like the sound of the TVR's and the astons? TVR man, orgasmic!!

The boxer sounds like bit takaran like doesnt it, but not tinny as such but ah man hard to describe, do you like the sound of the TVR's and the astons? TVR man, orgasmic!!

but the thing here s machan every other dick, T and H has a porsc. so people have a funny idea abou it. Like a TT is a hairdresses car the porsch is like a drug dealers car..

ohhh hav u seen the carisma tvr cerbera???gold car wit red interior???it was for sale at the NEC 2004...the tvr sagaris is the best lookin IMO and they'v done a hell of a lot of research on aerodynamics to get that body it has

yes they all sound gorgeous but i heard their reliability is questionable...it might b bullshit

ohhh hav u seen the carisma tvr cerbera???gold car wit red interior???it was for sale at the NEC 2004...the tvr sagaris is the best lookin IMO and they'v done a hell of a lot of research on aerodynamics to get that body it has

yes they all sound gorgeous but i heard their reliability is questionable...it might b bullshit

Machan my bosses bro has a tuscan s, its pretty basic but he had issues with his engine just after 1200 miles on the clock. Check these out from MPH2004,

TVR SAGARIS

mphsc26vy.jpg

sc0uy.jpg

:excl: Reminds me of summin. I have an Aston wallpaper on at work and the Aston screensaver. One of the consultants came down, bugger has the same saver on the laptop, so he starts talking about the Aston with me. And he's like "Lovely car, but it has some reliability issues". And I'm like, "yeah, well, I'm not gonna find out personnally any time soon" :music-smiley-026: