• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My Mini Restoration

john cooper

This are some snap of my MINI, i did the restoration @ last year...... nw it's fitted with 1380cc modified engine. WEBER TWIN carb's give's wide range of power and SPAX Adjustable Shock's gives good handling at top speed.it fitted with 200 km/h speedo meater @ middle of the dash board. i bought all the Sticker's from japan and as well as all the door handles. check the snaps and enjoy..... comments are welcome....

thank you,

John Cooper.

http://img205.imageshack.us/slideshow/play...0108250iy7.smil

Edited by john cooper

It's a 1380cc modified engine so it must be with a modified gear box, or else it effect to da gear ratio.And another thing normaly turning circle of da normal mini is 9.60 M in mine it's 9.75 M so it's with a Modified Rack too.

Thats awsome motor you got mate.Get us more pics please.Turn radius figures affected possibly due to changes done on wheels.

MINIACE

It's a 1380cc modified engine so it must be with a modified gear box, or else it effect to da gear ratio.And another thing normaly turning circle of da normal mini is 9.60 M in mine it's 9.75 M so it's with a Modified Rack too.

John Cooper, machang, I presume these to be 13' wheels. Where did you source the tyres for these rims?

My manager is doing up a Mini to run alongside his Defender and he has got the 13' deep dish alloy but having problems finding the right tyres.

Help appreciated.

Miniace: macho you might know him (the lone Defender on your Mini club drives)

John Cooper, machang, I presume these to be 13' wheels. Where did you source the tyres for these rims?

My manager is doing up a Mini to run alongside his Defender and he has got the 13' deep dish alloy but having problems finding the right tyres.Help appreciated.

Miniace: macho you might know him (the lone Defender on your Mini club drives)

Hey your boss is Prashan right?? Tyres available and will send him details.Remember he was hunting Deep Dhishes a week back.Dirk will call him with tyre info now.

MINIACE

Hey your boss is Prashan right?? Tyres available and will send him details.Remember he was hunting Deep Dhishes a week back.Dirk will call him with tyre info now.

MINIACE

Yes macho he is. Been tyre hunting even before the vehicle is running ;)

Am also on the fence to do up a mini that is within my budget. Not a brand new but something that has been neglected for close to 20 years at my Grand Mothers place.... hehe... But it will be built to original spec if I start off no fancy stuff.

yes it is...... it's 13" da tyers i got from Amila tyre @ Dehiwala but i think he don't have da stock.it cost me 60k for da tyre set in last year. but 1 thing, tell u r boss to replace da normal suspention sys to da hard suspention or else it effect to da ball joints and the rack ends. ask him to check with Amila Tyer @ Dehiwala or else tell me i am having a 1 set of Yokohama but price is different from da SUMITOMO. cos it's not da 175x50x13 it's 185x50x13. try to make a quality mini or else pls tell him to forget da idea.

yes it is...... it's 13" da tyers i got from Amila tyre @ Dehiwala but i think he don't have da stock.it cost me 60k for da tyre set in last year. but 1 thing, tell u r boss to replace da normal suspention sys to da hard suspention or else it effect to da ball joints and the rack ends. ask him to check with Amila Tyer @ Dehiwala or else tell me i am having a 1 set of Yokohama but price is different from da SUMITOMO. cos it's not da 175x50x13 it's 185x50x13. try to make a quality mini or else pls tell him to forget da idea.

Well you can bet his will be good. He's Defender is one of a kind, so has his ex Mini.

What price you expecting on the Yokohama's?

Yes macho he is. Been tyre hunting even before the vehicle is running ;)

Am also on the fence to do up a mini that is within my budget. Not a brand new but something that has been neglected for close to 20 years at my Grand Mothers place.... hehe... But it will be built to original spec if I start off no fancy stuff.

This is great.go for it machan! Im there full throttle for you.Take ma word!

MINIACE