• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Octane You Use??

Kim

Octane grade of fuel you are using?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Pls Vote below:

• 95 Oct
    • 90 Oct

Question

• Answers 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

So, does mixing Toluene with your petrol effectively guarantee that you'll fail the emissions test? :unsure:

Gihan? Care to answer this? :rolleyes: I believe I asked you the same question last night. :lol::P

kind of a stupid question this may be, but i gotta ask:

if its harmful why is it allowed through customs? (kinda makes the whole emissions test a joke)

And what else do you use benzene/toluene for in a Sri Lankan context besides boosting obtain levels on automobiles?

Now, now, now!!! Don't go giving any Customs boys any new ideas!!!! :action-smiley-060:

:)

u knew the mixture i ran last night ryte :D , also hope u remember the smell came from the Exhaust but still we pass the Emission Test :lol:

yeah, I got the smell alright! :blink: the sound it made, its as if you've got a nuclear bomb inside the combustion chamber! lol and you wanted me to put it in my car!! lol We'll have a sky rocket display of my pistons flying through the bonnet if I did! :lol:

yeah, I got the smell alright! :blink: the sound it made, its as if you've got a nuclear bomb inside the combustion chamber! lol and you wanted me to put it in my car!! lol We'll have a sky rocket display of my pistons flying through the bonnet if I did! :lol:

If its a STi, the pistons should be flying off the sides right? :P

Gihan, best not to stand beside the car :D

I wish I had an STi mate. :(

lol if it was an STi I wouldn't mind it could take it :D. and secondly Gihan suggested I put it in my vios!! which is why I said the pistons will be skyrocketing! :lol:

Edited by virensti

I wish I had an STi mate. :(

lol if it was an STi I wouldn't mind it could take it :D. and secondly Gihan suggested I put it in my vios!! which is why I said the pistons will be skyrocketing! :lol:

Can't you put in into a normal car...? does it gotta have ceramic pistons..? :unsure:

Can't you put in into a normal car...? does it gotta have ceramic pistons..? :unsure:

its all abt the perfect mixture mate, PM me ur engine type, size, the mods u have done

yeah dont stand next to the fenders

i told u to run much low mixture, B)

I don't thinks so. Toluene is a chemical that raises the octane level of petrol. Olden day F1 cars ran purely on toluene. It actually has a cooling effect on the engine and because of cleaner and more efficient combustion at the higher octane rating, better overall performance.

The only problem I can see is the fact that Toluene reacts in a corrosive manner with rubber. So if you have rubber fuel lines, that may be a problem. Ofcourse we are talking of great quantities of toluene.

Checking the actual recommended octane rating for the car and adding T in concentrations to match it would probably make that problem negligible IMHO.

Always better to check with the agents for your make of vehicle though. Scooby agents recommend it for the Scoobies over the octane boosters we have freely on the market so that is good enough for me.

The emissions ofcourse I'll not go in to. I ain't no "Tree Hugger". Come to think of it if you are a "Tree Hugger" then drive a Prius! Better yet buy a Donkey. The only emission you'll get out of that ASS is Methane! :D

I don't thinks so. Toluene is a chemical that raises the octane level of petrol. Olden day F1 cars ran purely on toluene. It actually has a cooling effect on the engine and because of cleaner and more efficient combustion at the higher octane rating, better overall performance.

The only problem I can see is the fact that Toluene reacts in a corrosive manner with rubber. So if you have rubber fuel lines, that may be a problem. Ofcourse we are talking of great quantities of toluene.

Checking the actual recommended octane rating for the car and adding T in concentrations to match it would probably make that problem negligible IMHO.

Always better to check with the agents for your make of vehicle though. Scooby agents recommend it for the Scoobies over the octane boosters we have freely on the market so that is good enough for me.

The emissions ofcourse I'll not go in to. I ain't no "Tree Hugger". Come to think of it if you are a "Tree Hugger" then drive a Prius! Better yet buy a Donkey. The only emission you'll get out of that ASS is Methane! :D

Mine does have rubber lines in the engine bay area. Also, my intention is to increase the octane level... and nothing else..

I love trees, but not to the extent of hugging them.. :D

I remember Jeremy Clarkson's quote, on his findings... a single Range Rover produces more Green house gases in a year, than 100 cows farting. So, if you care for the earth, get a COW.. :lol:

Mine does have rubber lines in the engine bay area. Also, my intention is to increase the octane level... and nothing else..

I love trees, but not to the extent of hugging them.. :D

I remember Jeremy Clarkson's quote, on his findings... a single Range Rover produces more Green house gases in a year, than 100 cows farting. So, if you care for the earth, get a COW.. :lol:

lol! Season 13 I think it was.................

hmmm there seem to be some rather interesting tree huggers out n about these days!

check the site : http://leilanimunter.com/

ecosite1.jpgracesite1.jpg

Move over Danica Patrick!

Edited by Devinda_Z

Highly unlikely. Passing the local test for a petrol vehicle is pretty easy IMO.

one of our members car with 3 inch De cat Exhaust and running 10% Toluene pass the test easily :rolleyes: , the car is running so Rich and sometimes it backfires like a frekn thunder :rolleyes:

one of our members car with 3 inch De cat Exhaust and running 10% Toluene pass the test easily :rolleyes: , the car is running so Rich and sometimes it backfires like a frekn thunder :rolleyes:

:D wonder who!

Edited by STi B4