• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ac Problem

Nisala

Question

Hi,

I have a corolla wagan. Last week I did a full service to my AC system, checked the cooler, condenser, horses and replaced the filter also and filled with new AC gas. That day it was working fine. Today when I switch on the AC, it does not cool. After riding 2-3 kms and I came back to home and checked the AC. When I start the engine and switch on the AC, the engine stopped with a rough 'krrrrr' sound. Now without switching on the AC also, the engine gives a noise. If I switch on the AC, the engine stops. Is this a problem on the AC belt ?

Please help... :(

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

Hi,

I have a corolla wagan. Last week I did a full service to my AC system, checked the cooler, condenser, horses and replaced the filter also and filled with new AC gas. That day it was working fine. Today when I switch on the AC, it does not cool. After riding 2-3 kms and I came back to home and checked the AC. When I start the engine and switch on the AC, the engine stopped with a rough 'krrrrr' sound. Now without switching on the AC also, the engine gives a noise. If I switch on the AC, the engine stops. Is this a problem on the AC belt ?

Please help... :(

Thanks.

I guess something to do with Compressor clutch or too much tight belt. could be a Gas leak as well. best advise is to take it to where you get it serviced. further it's advisable not to use the AC with this fault. this could further damaged to the pulleys and even Compressor.

Edited by Ruslan

wonder if it's your A/C clutch. mine broke in two (outer ring broke off) and it would make the noise when the A/C wasn't working but thankfully, things had not gotten stuck so turning the A/C on would make the sound go away 'cos the magnetic clutch would engage even the broken sections. In your case, maybe things are a bit messed up inside the clutch to get the engine to stall. BUT, since it's running on a belt, I would think that the belt would slip first rather than the engine stalling.

Do this, take the A/C belt off if possible and try running the engine and turning the A/C on/off. Then you can figure out if it's in the A/C system or a problem somewhere else making the engine to cut off. I'm guessing with the current information, it's the A/C clutch that's separated (hence the reason for it not cooling)

Edited by Mean Green z28