• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Your Valuable Help !

CodeMaster

Question

Dear experts,

I am planning to buy my very first car and need all of your valuable help.

My choices are,

1) Toyota (AE110 ) (Y.O.M 1998 or above)

2) Mazda (323) (Y.O.M 2000 or above)

3) Nissan (FB15) (Y.O.M1998 or above)

I have to consider about fuel consumption coz have to travel about 50KM up & down per a day from Pannipitiya to Colombo. My budget line is below 14 Lakhs and need to think about the resell value after 6-7 years of usage. Please give your thoughts and best recommendations along with your experiences.

Thank you very much in advanced. :)

13 answers to this question

yeah! I agree with the above guys too. AE 110 is the best choice out of the given. Its reliable, it has a good resale value, it has a good fuel consumption & good looks etc.................. so what's more to expect. :D If you are a manual gear preferred person, you would better go for a 1.3L manual AE110, cos its really really fuel efficient as far as I know (My uncle had one early and thats what he told me).

Dear experts,

I am planning to buy my very first car and need all of your valuable help.

My choices are,

1) Toyota (AE110 ) (Y.O.M 1998 or above)

2) Mazda (323) (Y.O.M 2000 or above)

3) Nissan (FB15) (Y.O.M1998 or above)

I have to consider about fuel consumption coz have to travel about 50KM up & down per a day from Pannipitiya to Colombo. My budget line is below 14 Lakhs and need to think about the resell value after 6-7 years of usage. Please give your thoughts and best recommendations along with your experiences.

Thank you very much in advanced. :)

"Silver color, Original Condition, Reg. Oct2000,Full Option,Power Shutters/Mirrors/Steering, AC, Remote Key(with remote start),original Cassette Player, Airbags, Petrol,1490cc Price 1,685,000/=Negotiable.

Contact Manjula" and so on

very deficult to find good condition AE110 YOM 1998 or above for 14 Lakhs. Try to find 1500CC manual model. But very difficult to find

Edited by Nilantha

AE110 Sprinter u should be able to get within 14 but not corolla ( english number that is). ppl might say sprinter is not good but our sri lankans are like parents they will repeat whatever some grease monkey utters. both the cars exact same just the look is different.

If your not bothered about the number 301 or 302 u can get easily for that price.

I have a A110 Corolla it sure doesn't do over 10 kmpl, city max 9 kmpl. outstation 13-14 (auto trans). Well marinated n tuned.

IMHO 323 is hopeless on fuel consumption but familia (Jap) is good. FB15 new model i heard do good on petrol.

This what the users have told me..

Mazda familia is sporty n spacious. (8 - 9 Kmpl)

AE110 poor leg room behind n not sporty at all. (9-10 kmpl)

FB15 good car not good on fuel (7-8 kmpl)

good luck!

AE110 Sprinter u should be able to get within 14 but not corolla ( english number that is). ppl might say sprinter is not good but our sri lankans are like parents they will repeat whatever some grease monkey utters. both the cars exact same just the look is different.

If your not bothered about the number 301 or 302 u can get easily for that price.

I have a A110 Corolla it sure doesn't do over 10 kmpl, city max 9 kmpl. outstation 13-14 (auto trans). Well marinated n tuned.

IMHO 323 is hopeless on fuel consumption but familia (Jap) is good. FB15 new model i heard do good on petrol.

This what the users have told me..

Mazda familia is sporty n spacious. (8 - 9 Kmpl)

AE110 poor leg room behind n not sporty at all. (9-10 kmpl)

FB15 good car not good on fuel (7-8 kmpl)

good luck!

actually sprinter and the usual corolla is not "exactly the same"

sprinter comes with all trimmings and is considered a premium range of corollas...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Corolla

".....A slightly upmarket version called the Toyota Sprinter was sold in the Japanese home market."

FB15 is good on fuel depends on how the car is maintained and how it's driven... One of my friends owned an FB15 that did 10-12 in colombo but it was manual and the guy drove around with economy and safety in mind...

I have an AE100 sprinter...tuned at the agents...Air filter changed every oil change....10-12 in colombo...15-17 outstations... yep 17 :)

Got 17kmpl on a early morning drive to Habarana :)

actually sprinter and the usual corolla is not "exactly the same"

sprinter comes with all trimmings and is considered a premium range of corollas...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Corolla

".....A slightly upmarket version called the Toyota Sprinter was sold in the Japanese home market."

FB15 is good on fuel depends on how the car is maintained and how it's driven... One of my friends owned an FB15 that did 10-12 in colombo but it was manual and the guy drove around with economy and safety in mind...

I have an AE100 sprinter...tuned at the agents...Air filter changed every oil change....10-12 in colombo...15-17 outstations... yep 17 :)

Got 17kmpl on a early morning drive to Habarana :)

ha I recommend the Mazda - surprise surprise :)

We had an FB 15 - and it did not do well on fuel. Comfy but had some manufacturing fault with the front suspension geometry I think. The Tie rod ends used to make a crappy noise.

The toyota Sprinter is superb. Good and comfy and super resale also. The SAFE choice. As Ripper says forget the number and find a well used well loved example, and it will give you years of trouble free service.

Mazda : Some character, so so mileage and lower resale , but hey you can join the MFOC :) he he , an added benefit !

We had an FB 15 - and it did not do well on fuel. Comfy but had some manufacturing fault with the front suspension geometry I think. The Tie rod ends used to make a crappy noise.

I shall use a JN15 to change your mind on the 15s. Well, maybe not the fuel consumption bit, but the front suspension, might be able to do summin.

I shall use a JN15 to change your mind on the 15s. Well, maybe not the fuel consumption bit, but the front suspension, might be able to do summin.

fb15 having bad nos on fuel economy is quite a mystery since i've known folks who claim to get 10-12 in colombo and other who get a max of 8...both being manual :action-smiley-060:

always assumed that the low nos came from driving and maintenance habits :rolleyes:

fb15 having bad nos on fuel economy is quite a mystery since i've known folks who claim to get 10-12 in colombo and other who get a max of 8...both being manual :action-smiley-060:

always assumed that the low nos came from driving and maintenance habits :rolleyes:

Ouch man.

you might be right.

But never really liked that car so its gone now. Got a 1.8 Si Carina for the wifey.

Oh well. whats a few KMPL anyway? I always think we make too big a deal(IMHO) as 1 or 2 kmpl better should not be the reason for buying / not buying the car you love.

The car I want to own someday does 4- 9 miles per Gallon so something so saving now . ( Lambo Diablo BTW)

cheers

This JN15 has a rather different engine to the FB15 ;) your assumption is probably correct.