• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vios - Current Prices

NPP

Hi guys,

hope smone can help

we've got a 2003 Silver Vios E with almost 60k on ODO

now looking to exchange it for a new car from the same dealer.

Had a look at a 2005 Black Vios E with almost 40k on ODO

they said the black will be 3.3mil and they'll take ours for 2.3mil. (Diff 1 mil)

what are your thoughts?

Edited by NPP

Hi guy,

hope smone can help

we've got a 2003 Silver Vios E with almost 60k on ODO

now looking to exchange it for a new car from the same dealer.

Had a look at a 2005 Black Vios E with almost 40k on ODO

they said the black will be 3.3mil and they'll take ours for 2.3mil. (Diff 1 mil)

what are your thoughts?

I don't really see the point of this exchange ! You are getting nearly the same car for 1 million more or am I missing something here ?

I don't really see the point of this exchange ! You are getting nearly the same car for 1 million more or am I missing something here ?

difference is the YOM, mileage, colour and all the things lyk, bodykits, foglamps which we don't have in the present car....

but do u agree on the prices. the 2005 one is recon - unreg

ours was bought in 2006 Jan. KB series

Edited by NPP

difference is the YOM, mileage, colour and all the things lyk, bodykits, foglamps which we don't have in the present car....

but do u agree on the prices. the 2005 one is recon - unreg

ours was bought in 2006 Jan. KB series

The real question is is the above worth 1 million to you ?

The body kit and lights are worth 100K from a body part shop in Delkanda ? The Mileage is probably clocked especially if the car is from Singapore, and the manufacturing year ... well yes I'll give you that and 20K Km ... which is neither here no there ...

The Vios E was selling for round 2.6 million couple of months ago, its the S which is closer to the traders valuation, but I'll wait till people who have better knowledge of the market before drawing and conclusions.

The body kit and lights are worth 100K from a body part shop in Delkanda ? The Mileage is probably clocked especially if the car is from Singapore, and the manufacturing year ... well yes I'll give you that and 20K Km ... which is neither here no there ...

The Vios E was selling for round 2.6 million couple of months ago, its the S which is closer to the traders valuation, but I'll wait till people who have better knowledge of the market before drawing and conclusions.

Why do you say Singapore imports are clocked ? The Jap imports are not ?

Why do you say Singapore imports are clocked ? The Jap imports are not ?

The Jap ones are as well, I just mentioned it because several sources in the car sales industry used to tell me the cars sourced out of Singapore tend to have higher mileages.

I mean I do not want to start pointing fingers without proof but the fact is each country has its own car usage habits. I know for a fact very commercial vehicles are exported out of Japan with less than 100K on the clock (unless it's met with an accident), cos thats simply the basis for disposal in Japan for those type of vehicles. I'm sure somebody can explain the singapore situation as well.

But buyers in SL like cars to have mileages less than 30K are other vehicles less than 60K and thats what you find in car sales. Obviously things do not add up :)

we bought the current one frm the same dealer, and he says he gave us the best price. He also mentioned that he kept his margin on our car and also for the risk cos he wont be selling it immediately. We considered an exchange cos cant be bothered to advertise and spend time on those things. just for convenience. I know this will cost a bit.

But i wanna know whether this transfer is worth, since im not so knowledgeable on this.

2003 - 2005 is an upgrade ryt. have to consider the resale value of both in another 2,3 years as well.

as for the mileage, i think they can be trusted. they have other cars which have mileages of 60k(gold), 85k(wine red), even 115k(black) if they are not genuine, why so high?

:rolleyes:

we bought the current one frm the same dealer, and he says he gave us the best price. He also mentioned that he kept his margin on our car and also for the risk cos he wont be selling it immediately. We considered an exchange cos cant be bothered to advertise and spend time on those things. just for convenience. I know this will cost a bit.

But i wanna know whether this transfer is worth, since im not so knowledgeable on this.

2003 - 2005 is an upgrade ryt. have to consider the resale value of both in another 2,3 years as well.

as for the mileage, i think they can be trusted. they have other cars which have mileages of 60k(gold), 85k(wine red), even 115k(black) if they are not genuine, why so high?

:rolleyes:

Hi,

I have a 2004 vios my self, bought for 29.5, 6 months ago ... and as Don mentioned I too really dont see the point of of exchanging, essentially the same car, which you can upgrade for a fraction of the price. So is the milage differrence worth as much as 1mil?

Dont know the condition of your car, but It also seems to me that the car sale is undervaluing your one by 150k and over valuing the unreg by about 100K.

Agree with DON on both points

1. Mileage is a fake- no matter what Jap or Sing – just think of it will some 1 dispose of a car which as just done 30K ???????? Hello ??? car dealers naturally alter the mileage in my opinion- so the New Vios is just 20K less ???? and 1 mil for that ???

2. U will have to go through a bit of hassle to sell your vios but I guess it’s worth it as you may get a better offer who know ????

Seriously ur not going to believe the car seller are you ? I’ve had friends been given the ride through car sellers (Mind U this was my friends best buddy who played him out ) sure that may not be the case to all but just a point to ponder

is your current car giving any problems. if not, best thing is to keep the car and not risk trading to another car specially since only the year is newer.

the cosmetics that you mentioned are easily do-able plus you can even do a full paint job. All this for a max of 300k extra. my suggestion is to just hold on to the car

thanks for all ur inputs, i had the same things to ponder, but,

dont you think that having a newer version is better?

i mean u can always sell the new one for a better price than for the old one in another two years ryt? so paying a bit more for a newer version is not bad, is it?

i too felt that they undervalue our car, but cant say its 'undervalued'. as expected, they keep something for them and for the risk involved in having stock, since we buy cars for home use and not for trading. he did want us to tell what we expect.....

so on part of exchanging, what do you think we should negotiate for the above transfer? :rolleyes:

• 8 months later...

Hi all. New question old topic :)

Whats the current going price for a 2003 Vios?

1.5. Auto. Gold. E. 43K on odo.

I drive a 99 FB15. last week went in to see the above car to exchange. Owner is asking for 857,000- as the difference. I know the pitfalls of exchanging and am prepared for it as I cant sell my car cos of the current market conditions. My car is white 103Km, super saloon.

Appreciate if you guys could let me know on the current prices and whether the above deal looks good. for the record my initial offer was for 600K. Don't want to lose out on the opportunity as well.

Rebel, since the YOM of the vios is 2003 i'll take it that the car is registered.

maximum value of a none bodykit one is around 2.45 and maximum value of your car is around 1.6

you do the math mate.

prices i mentioend were the going rates in the beginning of this year. times have obviously changed. unfortunately i can't comment weather the numbers have gone up or down since then.