• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My New Ride

chris_abayasinghe

Hello,

I wanted to update all of our AUTOLANKA fans my new ride. I just purchased a Subaru Outback 2.5XT Limited last week. I hope each of you can give me your thoughts on what I should do to the new ride! :)

Porkster thinks I should add a front mount intercooler and update a Boost control system. The car has undergone some modifications including a COBB TUNING for the boost level (check out http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=3268) and the car now has the paddle shift option on the steering.

Both my wife and I love the car for different reasons - it is a compromise for me as the car is quick and has the tiptronic and turbo - for Natasha it is the space for our little boy).

Give me your thoughts...

http://img530.imageshack.us/content.php?pa...ubaru001zc5.jpg

http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=subaru005zv9.jpg

http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=subaru003dl5.jpg

http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=subaru010oi4.jpg

nice ride bro... any plans in the future....

Thanks for the props...

The plans right now are to tint the windows and add a turbo timer so I don't have to stand around waiting for like 2 minutes after driving the car to shut it off. The COBB unit flashed the ECU and you can feel the difference when you get on it. I was then thinking of modifying with a cold air intake and eventually changing the exhaust system on it when the factory one rots out.

Does anyone have any experience good/bad/indifferent with these Subaru turbos? I'd like to hear about any mods done etc. since I believe they bring the Outback to Sri Lanka (right?)...

Thanks!

Congrats on the purchase bro! I'd start looking for some Subaru Forums (pref. Local) and see what kinda stuff they say about upgades/etc. and you may even be able to find some decent used parts for it for cheap. A C.A.I and catback would def. help but be midful 'cos it's your family car and a too loud of an exhaust if gonna be a pain in the ass on longer drives with the family/etc 'cos it seriously drones and plays havoc with the occupants. If you really do want to be able to open it up every now and then, do a cutout with a electronic valve so you can be the loudest thing in the area when you want to but use the stock exhaust note/system when you're chugging along with the family.

...since I believe they bring the Outback to Sri Lanka (right?)...

looks an ideal family run abt

i take it an EJ20 lies under the hood or is it the the EJ25 off the Forester?

The Outback isn't imported by the agents afaik, however the new Forester has made its way over through a private importer/car sale!

looks an ideal family run abt

i take it an EJ20 lies under the hood or is it the the EJ25 off the Forester?

The Outback isn't imported by the agents afaik, however the new Forester has made its way over through a private importer/car sale!

I take it that the the difference between the EJ20 and EJ25 is the engine capacity? My Outback is a 2.5L so it must be the EJ25... The engine is quite torquey and seems quite solid. Subarus have a strong reputation here in the Northeast because of the AWD. When we were shopping for the car, we also checked out the WRX STI and Legacy GT Spec.B. However, none of them came with the automatic and that kind of helped sway our decision. We also looked at the Volvo V70 R wagon, an Audi A4 3.0 wagon, and the BMW 328xi wagon. I really liked the way the Outback drove against the other wagons given that the AWD feature was key for us.

I think we have some Subaru owners of the B4 model and I would like to hear their thoughts too...

Congrats on the purchase bro! I'd start looking for some Subaru Forums (pref. Local) and see what kinda stuff they say about upgades/etc. and you may even be able to find some decent used parts for it for cheap. A C.A.I and catback would def. help but be midful 'cos it's your family car and a too loud of an exhaust if gonna be a pain in the ass on longer drives with the family/etc 'cos it seriously drones and plays havoc with the occupants. If you really do want to be able to open it up every now and then, do a cutout with a electronic valve so you can be the loudest thing in the area when you want to but use the stock exhaust note/system when you're chugging along with the family.

Hello Mean Green z28,

Thanks!

We want to keep the car as stock looking as possible - hence the sleeper effect. I like the exhaust system suggested by BORLA for this car as it maintains the noise level close to stock but allows it to run less restricted. I agree witht the excessive drone of an exhaust system and we don't want to attract any unwanted attention from the popo if you know what I mean! Tell me about this electronic valve system - does that mean you are bypassinig the cats etc?

Hey Guys,,,,,,,,,,,

Do you knw any Subaru Riders in Sri Lanka..?? I want real Riders... If they are Riding a Track.. Its better... I'm new guy for this..

I believe GihanFX owns a STi.

I'm new guy for this..

What does "this" mean

Edited by HelRazor

Hey Guys,,,,,,,,,,,

Do you knw any Subaru Riders in Sri Lanka..?? I want real Riders... If they are Riding a Track.. Its better... I'm new guy for this..

If you mean proper track drivers, then there are a few. Like Janaka Dias. But when you say riders, it sounds like bikes.

Take a look here ... http://thunderracing.com/catalog/?action=v...=3&pcid=101 ... hope it's okay to post this 'cos it's a US company and its only to show him the type of product.

It's the second one down. Uses and bypass pipe like a Y and then an electronic throttle body to open close the bypass ... this can be installed anywhere you like ie, before muffler, before cats, etc.

Here's how I installed them on a corvette (this was a custom build by me) using only the electric butterflies and installed before the mufflers towards the back of the car.

507321607jYmkPe_th.jpg

507322090lAiJhH_th.jpg

This is them installed at the front right out the engine on a 300C SRT-8 ... this thing was loud!!!

2241408820061008542tCchXp_th.jpg

2767965230061008542FdWfNc_th.jpg

I've installed a ton of them for customers and it's by far the easiest and most simple way of getting an Open exhaust but have the ability to cap it off for daily duty.

Hello Mean Green z28,

Thanks!

We want to keep the car as stock looking as possible - hence the sleeper effect. I like the exhaust system suggested by BORLA for this car as it maintains the noise level close to stock but allows it to run less restricted. I agree witht the excessive drone of an exhaust system and we don't want to attract any unwanted attention from the popo if you know what I mean! Tell me about this electronic valve system - does that mean you are bypassinig the cats etc?

Edited by Mean Green z28