• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Problems With My K11

dakrazyman20

Hey guys i just bought a k11 march about a month ago and found out at the recent service that the things a hunk a junk and has been heavily repaired.

Firstly its engine feels utterly asthmatic from the sound of it, it seems to be in 2 or 3rd and revs high and sort of plateaus out around 80kph until you press the sport/ od button to engage what i feel is 4th gear.

Then when replacing the oil filter they found everything had been rewired and completely different to any other march and it was difficult to fit the oil filter fer a bit. Probably because the engine may have been taken out n remounted after a paint job which is now evident the car has had.

Now i'm stuck with this piece of crap so do you guys know a place or mechanic who has the proper expertise and facilities to do a full check up, diagnostic etc.

If they have been mentioned in a previous post i would appreciate it if you could direct me to it.

P.s i also wanna know where i can purchase a nismo intake and cat back exhaust system for the k11 just fer my curiosity. coz if the engine proves to be knackered i will prob swap it out fer a better sportier unit, though doubt a sr20 or rb engine will fit hehe.

Any ways holla back

Thanks in advance

if the car is as knackered as you suspect it is, then it's advisable to take it to A_M_W, as they will be able to give you an idea of what exactly needs to be done.

Edited by Supra_Natural

if the car is as knackered as you suspect it is, then it's advisable to take it to A_M_W, as they will be able to give you an idea of what exactly needs to be done.

Yeah! 100% agreed with Supra Natural. Thats the best and number 1 solution.

Edited by Car Maniac

Aggreed with Supra as well, they might also be able to correct some of the problems such as wires in the wrong place as they are familiar with the layout on your vehicle.

The gearing issue does sound like an issue with auto transmission fluid so the first thing to do is to a full service with a cam belt change (if your car has one) changing oil, air and fuel filter, spark plugs, (check plug wires) engine and transmission oil while the quality of brake fluid should be inspected and replaced if necessary (especially if you have spongy brakes)

also check on the condition of coolant fluid !

If there is a lot of sludge in the engine oil or coolant flushing of both systems maybe necessary.

Hey guys i just bought a k11 march about a month ago and found out at the recent service that the things a hunk a junk and has been heavily repaired.

Firstly its engine feels utterly asthmatic from the sound of it, it seems to be in 2 or 3rd and revs high and sort of plateaus out around 80kph until you press the sport/ od button to engage what i feel is 4th gear.

Then when replacing the oil filter they found everything had been rewired and completely different to any other march and it was difficult to fit the oil filter fer a bit. Probably because the engine may have been taken out n remounted after a paint job which is now evident the car has had.

Now i'm stuck with this piece of crap so do you guys know a place or mechanic who has the proper expertise and facilities to do a full check up, diagnostic etc.

If they have been mentioned in a previous post i would appreciate it if you could direct me to it.

P.s i also wanna know where i can purchase a nismo intake and cat back exhaust system for the k11 just fer my curiosity. coz if the engine proves to be knackered i will prob swap it out fer a better sportier unit, though doubt a sr20 or rb engine will fit hehe.

Any ways holla back

Thanks in advance

why don't you take the easy route out and sell the car and buy a new one rather than going through the hassle of engine swaps and other repairs. since you got it only about a month ago you should be able to fetch the same amount you sussed out for it in the first place.

Aggreed with Supra as well, they might also be able to correct some of the problems such as wires in the wrong place as they are familiar with the layout on your vehicle.

The gearing issue does sound like an issue with auto transmission fluid so the first thing to do is to a full service with a cam belt change (if your car has one) changing oil, air and fuel filter, spark plugs, (check plug wires) engine and transmission oil while the quality of brake fluid should be inspected and replaced if necessary (especially if you have spongy brakes)

also check on the condition of coolant fluid !

If there is a lot of sludge in the engine oil or coolant flushing of both systems maybe necessary.

i had the engine coolant replaced, the engine was thorroughly flushed and replaced whatever needed to be replaced, the engine performance improved by noticeable levels but stills feels rather asthmatic, yeh seems like taking it to A*W seems like the best bet, hope they wont empty my pockets lol.

In reply to xXx i have left it on the retard dealers lot where i bought it fer a few weeks now but ppl come see it n dont come back, i'm guessin the market at the mo aint really conducive so will still keep working that angle.

Thanks again for all yer input people, it is much appreciated, keep it comin if you get ne sparks.

i had the engine coolant replaced, the engine was thorroughly flushed and replaced whatever needed to be replaced, the engine performance improved by noticeable levels but stills feels rather asthmatic, yeh seems like taking it to A*W seems like the best bet, hope they wont empty my pockets lol.

In reply to xXx i have left it on the retard dealers lot where i bought it fer a few weeks now but ppl come see it n dont come back, i'm guessin the market at the mo aint really conducive so will still keep working that angle.

Thanks again for all yer input people, it is much appreciated, keep it comin if you get ne sparks.

Is your car a 1.0L or 1.3L

If its 1.0L those cars are known to feel a bit under powered and consume more fuel than the 1.3L. This might explain your car's performance. There might not be anything wrong with your car in that case.

Is your car a 1.0L or 1.3L

If its 1.0L those cars are known to feel a bit under powered and consume more fuel than the 1.3L. This might explain your car's performance. There might not be anything wrong with your car in that case.

I drove an automatic similar to mine and that felt that it had far more oomph compared to mine, i had thought abt the power to weight ratio considering i have a 1000 cc model. I didnt know the k11 march had a 1300 variant i thought that came on the newer model?

I didnt know the k11 march had a 1300 variant i thought that came on the newer model?

No bro, the 1300 cc variant was there from the beginning of K11 marches but I got to say 1300 variant was very very rare with the older model K11. But with the newer K 11, there are many 1300's cos people have even identified "the underpowered" weakness of 1000cc march and demanding the 1300 variant, instead.

hey all,

thanks heaps for the input, but the good news i managed to sell it and not loose anything much in the whole process, so once again thank you for all yer input it was much appreciated.

:( poor guy... the new owner, I mean. It could've been me or anyone of us. This is why you need to take a good mechanic to inspect the car before purchasing, even in the case of a reconditioned unregistered car. My mechanic saved one of my friends from purchasing a crappy Nissan March. He charges Rs. 1500 for the inspection but it is fully worth the money I'd say

:( poor guy... the new owner, I mean. It could've been me or anyone of us. This is why you need to take a good mechanic to inspect the car before purchasing, even in the case of a reconditioned unregistered car. My mechanic saved one of my friends from purchasing a crappy Nissan March. He charges Rs. 1500 for the inspection but it is fully worth the money I'd say

True in the end the issue was his car was underpowered to begin with ! and that no mechanic can tell you unless he knew the model intimately !

True in the end the issue was his car was underpowered to begin with ! and that no mechanic can tell you unless he knew the model intimately !

Its the new owners headache now, trust me i wont be makin the same mistake again, who knows what was wrong with it, i'm just glad its out of my life period. Thanks again to everyone for all yer inputs.

Its the new owners headache now, trust me i wont be makin the same mistake again, who knows what was wrong with it, i'm just glad its out of my life period. Thanks again to everyone for all yer inputs.

By the way, bro though you got away from the vehicle, still someone else in this country suffers from that march (I mean the new owner). So I will give you a simple and a little advice to reduce your heart feeling guilty about what you did. Just introduce the Autolanka forum to the new owner as a final help you can do, so we can continue providing advices to him as well and so on, till that troublesome march turns into a trouble-free, provided he is also not going to sell it after identifying the problems in few days. He ...he.... :angry-smiley-048:

But ooops!!! I completely forgot that your thread on the K 11 march is there on the AL forum. So what if the new owner joins the forum on your request and accidently sees the thread!!! :action-smiley-060::violent-smiley-099::violent-smiley-030:

Just kidding machan. No worries, no offense. OK?

If im the new guy, im gonna remove the 1000CC Motor and replace it with a 1300CC Engine.. :angry-smiley-048: