• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Merc Suv's

Gummybr

What do you think about the new Mercedes ML & G Wagon?

Don't anyone see a similarity between them and any existing car?

Well honestly I think that they all look like the Kia Sorento! Which if I'm not mistaken is a Korean copy of the Lexus RX / Toyota Harrier.

Why would someone who has the reputation to make such world beating cars like Mercedes want to imitate a cheap Korean? I seriously cant understand it.

The new look on the above SUV's suggest one thing to me, and that is they are never gonna be in production for a long time because the design will look dated in maybe a years time.

Any merc lover can reply.

Well honestly I think that they all look like the Kia Sorento! Which if I'm not mistaken is a Korean copy of the Lexus RX / Toyota Harrier.

Why would someone who has the reputation to make such world beating cars like Mercedes want to imitate a cheap Korean? I seriously cant understand it.

The new look on the above SUV's suggest one thing to me, and that is they are never gonna be in production for a long time because the design will look dated in maybe a years time.

I'm a Merc lover bro, well if you just talk about the body, there are differences between Sorento and the RX/Harrier, but sadly I must agree that the Sorento and the new ML looks bit similar, but not the G Wagon though...

Unfortunately in this day and age of mass production and shorter model life spans what you say seems the norm.

For example, the new VW Jetta and Passart looks almost identical, the interior of the Chrysler Crossfire has everything borrowed from Merc SL, etc.

IMO (though this may not apply to every mass production model out there) the days when much more emphasis was put into model identitiy is a thing of the past.

Cheers

Unfortunately in this day and age of mass production and shorter model life spans what you say seems the norm.

For example, the new VW Jetta and Passart looks almost identical, the interior of the Chrysler Crossfire has everything borrowed from Merc SL, etc.

IMO (though this may not apply to every mass production model out there) the days when much more emphasis was put into model identitiy is a thing of the past.

Cheers

Actually VW Jetta and passart look so similar I thought its the same car with different badges. Worst is them both look like a VW Golf with a boot added to it. :) Is VW short of ideas ??????????

I havent seen that many jettas around colombo, but to me the passart looks longer than the Jetta.

i dont know which is more expensive, but purely on looks i'd choose a Passart..

as for mercedes.. i dont think the new ML is the best of Merc's creations.. looks like the designer felt bored to redesign a new jeep so took the exeisting one pulled the lines a bit further, gave it some edges and flattened it a bit...

kidna reminds me... what do you guys think of that new indian peogeot 206 add? where a embasedor is banged up to look like a 206... i think it's pretty funky!!! especally when those guys are riding it and nodding like some 'hip hop' dudes.. :D :D

I like the look of the G-Wagon... its pretty nice and quite popular amongst ppl here in the states...

gwagon3ts.jpg

wagong7ur.jpg

If you like the G-Wagen, thank the Shah of Iran, because his monkey ass commissed MB to build a multi-purpose SUV for his military, way back in the seventies. They're still using that same body shape, amazingly, although the G-Class is obviously pimped up.

If you like the G-Wagen, thank the Shah of Iran, because his monkey ass commissed MB to build a multi-purpose SUV for his military, way back in the seventies. They're still using that same body shape, amazingly, although the G-Class is obviously pimped up.

Maybach have made a version of this to their liking and Wyclef has one...along with his McLaren F1 and Pagani Zonda

I like the new ML...its edges reflect the new S-class too...

U serious? The Shah Of Iran? whoa.... Yup the G-Wagon has been pimped up big time... I saw a episode on Tv from a show that totally changed a G-wagon...it looked like it was worth a million dollars...truly amazing

Speaking of Maybach, have you seen the new concept coupe they developed as a promotional tool for Fulda? I don't think you'll ever see a more evil-looking car.

Google Maybach Excelero and you'll see what I mean. It has a fully-functional 700 hp V12 and especially from the rear hindquarter view, it looks outstanding.

There are signs that it may go into production, so lets keep our fingers crossed.

Actually VW Jetta and passart look so similar I thought its the same car with different badges. Worst is them both look like a VW Golf with a boot added to it. :D Is VW short of ideas ??????????

You are talking about PASSAT if I'm not mistaken..

Ya, the front view of the Jetta and the Golf are quiet similar but not the Passat though...

Passat is bigger and bulky..

Speaking of Maybach, have you seen the new concept coupe they developed as a promotional tool for Fulda? I don't think you'll ever see a more evil-looking car.

Google Maybach Excelero and you'll see what I mean. It has a fully-functional 700 hp V12 and especially from the rear hindquarter view, it looks outstanding.

There are signs that it may go into production, so lets keep our fingers crossed.

yup saw it a few months ago...did u knw the exelero is actually a successor to a car built by Maybach in the 30's...

true the car looks very mean but stationary pics dont do the car any justice...its those pics on the track that took my breath away

Actually VW Jetta and passart look so similar I thought its the same car with different badges. Worst is them both look like a VW Golf with a boot added to it. :D Is VW short of ideas ??????????

Woaha...no way. VW rocks. Certainly one of the funkier companies out there, and I totall dig the "Driver's wanted Ads"

The new Jetta and Passat retain an overall similarity, yes. But really, they are quite different. Its a bit like a 3 series and a 5 (well actually the old 3 and 5, the new one's not so much..) -same overall image but different specs. Personally I think its cool. But to each his own.

Woaha...no way. VW rocks. Certainly one of the funkier companies out there, and I totall dig the "Driver's wanted Ads"

have u seen the VW passenger wanted ad?obviusly not legit but hilarious...its a video of this dude drivin a bora (i think)...he looks blissful n u begin to think he really luvs this car n then dis chick pops her head up from his crotch...poor thing mustv been havin a 'head'ache :)

poor thing mustv been havin a 'head'ache ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! YOU BLOODY JOKER SHARKSTER!!! LOL... ITS 3.15am HERE AND MY ROOMATE WAS FAST ASLEEP!!! THAT WAS UNTIL I READ UR DAMN POST!!!! STARTED LAUGHING SOOO HARD THAT THE BUGGER THREW A f**kING SHOE AT ME!!!! :D:D:D:D:):action-smiley-060:

have u seen the VW passenger wanted ad?obviusly not legit but hilarious...its a video of this dude drivin a bora (i think)...he looks blissful n u begin to think he really luvs this car n then dis chick pops her head up from his crotch...poor thing mustv been havin a 'head'ache :)

*lol*z Nicely done Sharkster! Nicely done!

Wow! I just googled it....What a beautifully evil looking car. I love the length of the engine bay; beautiful long elegant flowing lines, yet agressive as hell.

cheers lol i'll try locatin the video n add the link

Actually I looked at yesterday, infact it was off a post you guys had on this site- funny as hell.

But thanks man..I appreciate that.

have u seen the VW passenger wanted ad?obviusly not legit but hilarious...its a video of this dude drivin a bora (i think)...he looks blissful n u begin to think he really luvs this car n then dis chick pops her head up from his crotch...poor thing mustv been havin a 'head'ache :action-smiley-060:

Damn, I thought I had copyrights on this "passenger wanted" concept.... :)

Damn, I thought I had copyrights on this "passenger wanted" concept.... :unsure:

:D:DB):blink: .......... do u want a passenger that bad ........ ??????? Try one of those mail order brides dude.... can ask for a special one hu only sit's in the car wit u .... :P:P:P

:unsure::D:DB) .......... do u want a passenger that bad ........ ??????? Try one of those mail order brides dude.... can ask for a special one hu only sit's in the car wit u .... :blink::P:P

for them to patiently sit in the car they must be pretty expensiv...jk preveen