• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vista 2000

dinosh

Hi Guys,

Need some details on the Toyota Vista ZZV50 (2000 model). hope you guys can help me.

1. Ride quality

2. Fuel consumption

3. Market price

According to my reaerch this shares the same engine as the Allion A18.

Below is a pic of the car for easy recognition...

toyotavista178og8.th.jpg

thanks!

Hi Guys,

Need some details on the Toyota Vista ZZV50 (2000 model). hope you guys can help me.

1. Ride quality

2. Fuel consumption

3. Market price

According to my reaerch this shares the same engine as the Allion A18.

Below is a pic of the car for easy recognition...

toyotavista178og8.th.jpg

thanks!

Hi Dinosh,

I remember seeing one advertised for 2 million may be six months back.

The cabin space is amazing but never actually got to ride in one. The shape of the car and the fact that there werent many around (problems with parts) took away any interest on the car.

Im guessing it should be quite comfy going on the Carinas, Coronas and the Mark II of that vintage.

Hi Dinosh,

I remember seeing one advertised for 2 million may be six months back.

The cabin space is amazing but never actually got to ride in one. The shape of the car and the fact that there werent many around (problems with parts) took away any interest on the car.

Im guessing it should be quite comfy going on the Carinas, Coronas and the Mark II of that vintage.

Thanks Milindu.

Infact i saw some body parts hanging aroung Delkanda few months back. Just want to check on the fuel figures coz my brother has an idea to go in for one.

Dinosh bro, If you are buying the car for a long run (I mean to use it for atleast 5 years) then the market value and demand of the car is not a big matter of concern. But if you have no idea to use it for many years then the market demand and value matters a lot. As far as I know, for some reason this Toyota Vista is not a very common car in Sri Lankan car market and most of the people are unaware of that. As an example, you dont have to explain anyone about the Market demand of a Toyota Allion or a Corolla, right? Since they have somehow created a reputation among people, anyone knows it or atleast they have heard the name "Allion" once. But Vista's case is different so unless luckyly you find a buyer one day when you are about to sell, it will be hard for you to sell it and since people don't know manythings about that, the market value will also go down. This is why some people are really concerned buying only reputed models of cars, even of reputed brands like Toyota and Nissan. The spare part availability is also a matter for rare cars because many motor store owners dont want to fill up their valuable store rooms with parts for rare cars which rarely get sold. So the only solution left for you will be buying the parts from the agent, paying many extra bucks and finally getting ripped off.

As another example for this Vista's unpopularity, if you asked for the fuel figures, market value and so on about a famous car like a Allion. 121 corolla or a vios, Im sure answers and comments would have flooded into your question within minutes from AL guys. But since this car is not very popular, not many guys have experience in it so less number of responses from the members. I hope this would logically explain you the theory behind market demand. Lower the potential buyer's awareness about your car, it is harder to sell.

This is only my opinion. So its upto you to decide. Anyway happy car hunting. :D:alc:

Edited by Car Maniac

Dinosh bro, If you are buying the car for a long run (I mean to use it for atleast 5 years) then the market value and demand of the car is not a big matter of concern. But if you have no idea to use it for many years then the market demand and value matters a lot. As far as I know, for some reason this Toyota Vista is not a very common car in Sri Lankan car market and most of the people are unaware of that. As an example, you dont have to explain anyone about the Market demand of a Toyota Allion or a Corolla, right? Since they have somehow created a reputation among people, anyone knows it or atleast they have heard the name "Allion" once. But Vista's case is different so unless luckyly you find a buyer one day when you are about to sell, it will be hard for you to sell it and since people don't know manythings about that, the market value will also go down. This is why some people are really concerned buying only reputed models of cars, even of reputed brands like Toyota and Nissan. The spare part availability is also a matter for rare cars because many motor store owners dont want to fill up their valuable store rooms with parts for rare cars which rarely get sold. So the only solution left for you will be buying the parts from the agent, paying many extra bucks and finally getting ripped off.

As another example for this Vista's unpopularity, if you asked for the fuel figures, market value and so on about a famous car like a Allion. 121 corolla or a vios, Im sure answers and comments would have flooded into your question within minutes from AL guys. But since this car is not very popular, not many guys have experience in it so less number of responses from the members. I hope this would logically explain you the theory behind market demand. Lower the potential buyer's awareness about your car, it is harder to sell.

This is only my opinion. So its upto you to decide. Anyway happy car hunting. :D:alc:

Thanks for your comments.

My main concern is to check on the fuel figures. I know for a fact that this Vista is not a common car & user experince is also very low on it. Afterall its good to have a car which is a bit uncommon!