• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Alloy Wheels For Mazda

tharinduc

I'm looking to upgrade to alloy wheels on a Mazda Familia. Currently it has 13' tire size. I need some ideas from experts..

Will higher tire size lower the fuel consumption?

Approximately how much will the 4 alloy wheels + tires cost? (14' and 15') and where is the best place to get it done cheaply?

Tyre size - 14' or 15'? which is recomended

Many thanks!

it depends on a lot of things mate.. amila in dehiwela, wheels lanka are like good places around here to buy.. a new set will cost u a penny.. but u can always go for a second hand pair.. fuel consumption may decrease a little.. buggati and mazdaspeed please comment. as i am sure u have experince with 15 inch tires...

Hi Tharindu....well a set of 14's will only slightly reduce the fuel efficiency of your car, but then it would also depend

on a lot of other factors such as your driving habits :rolleyes: and your tires etc.

Cost wise, like Charitha has said you could get the used ones for cheaper. I'm thinking you could get a set of used alloys for approx 14k, while brand new alloys will set you back upwards of approx 23k.

Tires will be at least another 24k upwards ( for a set of 4 ) depending of course on the brand.

Happy hunting :)

I'm looking to upgrade to alloy wheels on a Mazda Familia. Currently it has 13' tire size. I need some ideas from experts..

Approximately how much will the 4 alloy wheels + tires cost? (14' and 15') and where is the best place to get it done cheaply?

Many thanks!

Size 14 is ok and I’ve seen 15” as well – however remember not to go for very low profile tyres as the condition of our roads – well U all know the answer for that.

Fuel will not be a major issue – just a tad bit different /less I would think.

Lots of places to buy Alloys – as mentioned by Charith – check them out and try not to be in a hurry and do some shopping around –

yeah.. but its highly dangerours for u rex boys to ride in anything less than 16's...

by the way did i see u turning from the road near laughs a couple of days aga.... :jumping-smiley-013:

no machan cus of big caliper and rotors cant fix 15 alloys :action-smiley-060:, and yeah machan im always at that area

Many thanks!

Hi,

If it's a Mazda, I guess the Manufacturer specified size would be 175/70 13. Keep in mind that you need to match the overall diameter of the stock tyres. (+ or - 2.5%) You can use the online calculator to do the math. Refer below link.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Then decide if you want brand new alloys or secondhand ones.

I upgraded to 15" with 195/55 15. Anything betyond this is tricky on our fabulous roads.

My old pair of 14" are been powder coated and will be put up for sale. ;)

if you need any help, give us a holler.

Hi,

If it's a Mazda, I guess the Manufacturer specified size would be 175/70 13. Keep in mind that you need to match the overall diameter of the stock tyres. (+ or - 2.5%) You can use the online calculator to do the math. Refer below link.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Then decide if you want brand new alloys or secondhand ones.

I upgraded to 15" with 195/55 15. Anything betyond this is tricky on our fabulous roads.

My old pair of 14" are been powder coated and will be put up for sale. ;)

if you need any help, give us a holler.

what brand of tyre are you using on the 15" as I'm somewhat looking for the same size

what brand of tyre are you using on the 15" as I'm somewhat looking for the same size

I'm running Good Year Eagle F1... Superb handling in rainy conditions. Only issue is u gotta watch out for pot holes and pavements, if u pinch the side walls, it'll bump up.

I'm running Good Year Eagle F1... Superb handling in rainy conditions. Only issue is u gotta watch out for pot holes and pavements, if u pinch the side walls, it'll bump up.

I was running Eagle F1s, 195/50/15s, but I switched to Hankooks, 195/55/15. Still haven't tried a nice drive in the wet, but initially, I like them much better than the Eagles. Much quieter and much more comfy.

Oh, and they have great grip. And they are supposed to get wet weather handling tires, so...

Edited by Pericles