• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror

Corolla121

Hi Guys

Please can someone let me know where i can buy a Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror. Its detect glare and automatically dim the mirror accordingly. See the picture...

0c881bak4.th.jpgthpix.gif

There are lot of sites on the internet but i want to buy it from Sri Lanka. Please Help...........!

It's fairly standard in all the high end cars, and that's probably why you've never heard about it.

Point noted..! Will look out for it when I step into one, next.. or rather when driving it at night...

Edited by Bugatti

Guys,

A lot of VW's had this type fitted since the late 90's, needs a power supply as it uses a photo sensitive cell to detect a car behind you with lights flashing at your mirror and activated a motor to dip it automatically.

Never seen an after market supplier of these, may be the internet can help you there.

Maithri

go looking through some expensive cars and if you don't see the little lever to dip the mirror for glare and you can see a little LED like thingy to detect the light, it's most probably an auto dimming unit. Then take that info over to a parts store and see if they got it.

Guys,

A lot of VW's had this type fitted since the late 90's, needs a power supply as it uses a photo sensitive cell to detect a car behind you with lights flashing at your mirror and activated a motor to dip it automatically.

Never seen an after market supplier of these, may be the internet can help you there.

Maithri

On recent cars the mirror doesn't actually dip. It just turns it reflectivity down with a greenish hue...

On recent cars the mirror doesn't actually dip. It just turns it reflectivity down with a greenish hue...

That's exactly the mechanism I've seen in Peugeots, but this blue /greenish hue become visible even on daylight as time passes.. probably a defect in this technology, dipping down using a motor is less troublesome i guess