• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A*W De-listing From Cse

seeker

"A*W announced today that it was de-listing the company from the Colombo Stock Exchange. The company informed the SEC that it was unanimously resolved at a Board meeting to proceed to de-list the securities of the company from the official list of the CSE.

http://www.dailymirror.lk/DM_BLOG/Sections...TID=31172"

Wonder whether we'll end up loosing one of the best "Agents" in SL..... :(

'WE' have already lost A*W. Soyza sold the company to a middle eastern investor some time back

Yeah... can't blame people for accepting a lucrative trade-off.... have a feeling that on the long run, the Sevice level will not be the same though....

have a feeling that on the long run, the Sevice level will not be the same though....

I have to strongly disagree with you on that mate. I don't know why people still look at Middle Eastern and Indian acquisitions in an awkward way. I had the same argument few months back when Tata bought the two British marquees. These billionaires from imaging markets don’t just invest money for the sake of it. They are not hear for a ‘trash and a dash’. There are in it for the long term. Days of living in tents in deserts chopping each other’s heads are long gone (I just had to bring up that quote from the movie Syriana) . In an era where west is struggling for financial leverage they are left with no option but to beg from wealthy individuals and SWF's in the land of black gold.

Edited by xXx

Brilliant timing by the De Zoysas. Just before the crash. And they got a great price too. As a wise man once said, "Everything's for sale at the right price". Thankfully Vasudeva won't be able to file a case against this :lol: !!

I believe service levels will improve. Not only that, this will spur the local competition to match these levels too.

Brilliant timing by the De Zoysas. Just before the crash. And they got a great price too. As a wise man once said, "Everything's for sale at the right price". Thankfully Vasudeva won't be able to file a case against this :lol: !!

I believe service levels will improve. Not only that, this will spur the local competition to match these levels too.

I’m on the same line of thinking as GTAM, I feel the service levels will be better- the new owners are suppose to be a really big operation in ME.

One of the employees was saying there are mixed feelings- u get the old goofs who have worked for 20 odd years fixed on old methods and do not want to change- well bad for them but good for the guys who are willing to work hard and look at new opportunities and methods (irrespective if they are old or young folks)

Who knows – the motoring industry may be looking at a change in SL with the new investors. Hoping all works well …… I’m a strong believer in the saying

“The known devil is better than the unknown angel “

I’m on the same line of thinking as GTAM, I feel the service levels will be better- the new owners are suppose to be a really big operation in ME.

One of the employees was saying there are mixed feelings- u get the old goofs who have worked for 20 odd years fixed on old methods and do not want to change- well bad for them but good for the guys who are willing to work hard and look at new opportunities and methods (irrespective if they are old or young folks)

Who knows – the motoring industry may be looking at a change in SL with the new investors. Hoping all works well …… I’m a strong believer in the saying

“The known devil is better than the unknown angel “

Well I do hope you guys are right... and if it does happen let's just hope that these guys take over a couple of other 'decent' Brands which are in terrible need of a caring agent... ;)

and xXx, as for the fear Mid eastern acquisitions, I can't comment, but the general feeling among people I happen to know, who've worked under Indian managements in SL, are not very positive.... :jumping-smiley-013: perhaps there's no smoke without fire?

Zoysa may have got a good price but there's lot of dissapointment among local investors for not selling the company to a local.

Well the local investors could have made a counter offer then..... It's good to get foreign capital in at a time when things are quite bad. The De Zoysas can use that money to invest elsewhere on new projects. Minority sharholders can do the same.

Of course if our economy was strong then there might have been local investors capable of out bidding Al Futain. Blame Mr. Chinthanaya ;)

• 4 weeks later...

maybe at a higher price... (like Toyota?)

• 1 year later...

a friend recently had her car serviced over at Pit*top. They used to be adamant about checking the car inside out before the owner left the keys...now its just a question of what needs to be done, how much, etc, etc.

They managed to damage the auto-gear selector panel somehow...(the "P" went missing, and was put back with cell-o-tape! Shoddy!)

It might have been an 'off' day...but i find that rather hard to believe, being as it was a weekday.

One thing that really kept me going there was their affiliation with Autoglym...which is no more- sad!

Edited by gunat

a friend recently had her car serviced over at Pit*top. They used to be adamant about checking the car inside out before the owner left the keys...now its just a question of what needs to be done, how much, etc, etc.

They managed to damage the auto-gear selector panel somehow...(the "P" went missing, and was put back with cell-o-tape! Shoddy!)

It might have been an 'off' day...but i find that rather hard to believe, being as it was a weekday.

One thing that really kept me going there was their affiliation with Autoglym...which is no more- sad!

damn i wonder what places are there for nissan owners to go if pitstop and A*W play the fool, at least for honda we had an ok dealer:(

Can't be helped if you leave the car and go away leaving it up to them. Stick around, and that issue is sorted. My personal experiences with A*W has been quite pleasant. Sure, there are hiccups. The parts people thought "VZR" was some kinda Yamaha bike and tried sending me to that dept. But then again, your "ok" dealers are the ones who recommended normal ATF for CVTs as has been stated on these forums. Anywhere you go, there is no substitute for keeping an eye on things, so I find your generalization grossly unfair and quite biased.

Can't be helped if you leave the car and go away leaving it up to them. Stick around, and that issue is sorted. My personal experiences with A*W has been quite pleasant. Sure, there are hiccups. The parts people thought "VZR" was some kinda Yamaha bike and tried sending me to that dept. But then again, your "ok" dealers are the ones who recommended normal ATF for CVTs as has been stated on these forums. Anywhere you go, there is no substitute for keeping an eye on things, so I find your generalization grossly unfair and quite biased.

what is the best place/person you would recommend for a prospective nissan owner? i admit, mey be i was too early to jump to a conclusion about the quality of service offered by A*W.

Depends on the age of the car. When I had a B11, I took it to a small baas nearby when I had issues. The VZR, Nadeera, Zackie, A*W, Amila's for issues. Shock replacement job at Pepiliyana quite near Mazna. I've not taken it to the baas nearby.

But if your referring to the Cefiro in particular, ask Sharkster and Pradfred.

ha ha ha that's a good one

Zoysa may have got a good price but there's lot of dissapointment among local investors for not selling the company to a local.

I think local investors are little scared to touch big deals now days. There is a big Apparel Manufacturing company in Biyagama and Nittambuwa going to close for not finding a local inverter or a bank for a joint collaboration.

more than 1500 ppl going to loose their jobs.

Thilak

Peri- its not a generalization because i started going to Pit*top as soon as they opened up years ago, and i clearly remember the service was stellar and unmatched...and more importantly there was a lot more attention to detail. I used to be a stalwart advocate of their services- even on this forum.

There was no need to eye-balling every single thing that was done to the car. And honestly...if they damage part of a car, will your presence stop it? Its about how well-trained the people are...which needless to say is not up to mark if they find a way to damage a hard-plastic interior part and then patch it together with cell-o-tape! There's no excuse for that.

But i agree with you- very rarely in SL can you just leave your car and be assured that things will be done properly- only makes it harder for the car owner who's got limited time on weekends...

Edited by gunat

Peri- its not a generalization because i started going to Pit*top as soon as they opened up years ago, and i clearly remember the service was stellar and unmatched...and more importantly there was a lot more attention to detail. I used to be a stalwart advocate of their services- even on this forum.

There was no need to eye-balling every single thing that was done to the car. And honestly...if they damage part of a car, will your presence stop it? Its about how well-trained the people are...which needless to say is not up to mark if they find a way to damage a hard-plastic interior part and then patch it together with cell-o-tape! There's no excuse for that.

But i agree with you- very rarely in SL can you just leave your car and be assured that things will be done properly- only makes it harder for the car owner who's got limited time on weekends...

I meant Isuru's generalization dude. You were talking about a specific, not a generalization. And what the owners presence does is it stops some of the more careless mistakes, the sort that comes around from horsing around with the buddies while working on cars. I mean, shit happens, sometimes no helping it, but avoidable things are avoided.

I think local investors are little scared to touch big deals now days. There is a big Apparel Manufacturing company in Biyagama and Nittambuwa going to close for not finding a local inverter or a bank for a joint collaboration.

more than 1500 ppl going to loose their jobs.

Thilak

Not so. It's that particular industry - Likely loss of GSP+ advantage etc...... That's a high risk sector right now, unless you relocate to India or Banga.

There are many new projects coming up with local and foreign money. None in garments to my knowledge.