• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Price Has Been Reduced

AMG

Question

Contradicting points of view on these two articles.

that maybe because the first one is compiled by the government and the second one is an analyses from an independent individual

As for military, there are lots of fields around. I think they are keeping the jets in Katu coz the infrastucture for supporting jets, fueling and stuff, are already available there. Otherwise there are plenty of other fields around that the Brits built. Ratmalana, Katukurunda and Koggala come to mind for AF use. China Bay, and there is a track in Anuradhapura too right?

i'm no aviation or military expert, my understanding was that other runaways aren't big enough for the supersonics. hence why they are based in Katunayake. am i wrong?

Well when they attacked us in 2001 and destroyed most of our Civilian fleet, i doubt they were targeting the SLAF per se....

i do belive their main target was the air force base. since the civilan fleet happened to be there too it was a killing two birds with one stone situation

Edited by xXx

Talking about the airport project, a little story I heard from my bank manager no less.... The land in the new location for the airport in the south, this crown land was purchased by a well known family in the limelight for Rs. 530.00 per acre prior to the new site being approved and has now been transfered back to the state at Rs.750,000.00 per acre!! Now that's what I call ........ I don't know simply lost for words.

i'm no aviation or military expert, my understanding was that other runaways aren't big enough for the supersonics. hence why they are based in Katunayake. am i wrong?

No idea. Maybe thats another contributing factor. A lot of work would need to be done to move the jets. Lengthen runways, build infrastructure, etc.