• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Price Has Been Reduced

AMG

Question

Petrol By Rs 20.00

Diesel By Rs 30.00

Kerosene Rs 20.00

Source: News Alerts - Dialog.

Ooops... can some mods correct the spelling of 'reduced' please? Sorry typing mistake.

When will this come in to effect? Is it the same for both 90 and 95 octane?

yeh heard about it..thought petrol was 15 buks reduction...plus i heard every vehicle owner would get to claim a 20k anual vehicle maintainance cost from taxes....

Sorry It was my fault. Petrol by Rs 15.00.

Edited by Bharath

That is a very small reduction compared to the world oil prices. Oil prices are half of what it was when the local prices were set. Apparently they can't lower the price further due to stupid decisions of the chairman.

http://www.lankaenews.com/English/news.php?id=6647

VAT has been reduced as well. And the tax on imported chocolates and buiscuits has been increased. AL Cadbury lovers, time to switch to Edna or Kandos..lol…

In this true

http://www.colombopage.com/archive_08/November6130136RA.html

100% increase in tax on all motor vehicles

What does that exactly mean

means that the already absured second hand vehicle market would increase some more......and imports would reduce and or become way too expensive for us to purchase...

In this true

http://www.colombopage.com/archive_08/November6130136RA.html

100% increase in tax on all motor vehicles

What does that exactly mean?

anyone read the whole list? note the item before last? 6 BILLION to restart mihinAir+the hanbanthota airport! thats nearly 17 times whats going to be spent on rural hospitals and medical care.

Edited by Dilesh

The Mihin Air thing is an absolute joke I cant believe they r spending so much on this and another airport

As for the 100% increase on tax in motor vehicles I find it hard to believe, does this mean that we r going to have to spend nearly 2mill for a Maruti 800

VAT has been reduced as well. And the tax on imported chocolates and buiscuits has been increased. AL Cadbury lovers, time to switch to Edna or Kandos..lol…

Edna is still off the shelves on account of that whole melamine scare right?

Kandos i should point out had a lovely new 'bitter sweet' 50% cocoa content dark chocolate which @ 90/= works when your on budget that will not allow for Cadbury's :)

Edna is still off the shelves on account of that whole melamine scare right?

Kandos i should point out had a lovely new 'bitter sweet' 50% cocoa content dark chocolate which @ 90/= works when your on budget that will not allow for Cadbury's :)

mmmmmmmm chocolate........ 919114_images.jpeg

now you're speaking my language :lol:

if you're an income tax payer, you're entitled to redeem or reimburse of the tax you paid upto a maximum of 20k. this was only in place for housing loan interest portion.

sorry to ask this again. is this a part of yesterday's budget or was it there before. I know that we can claim the housing loan interest and capital with limits and conditions. Please give us more details where this is published.

anyone read the whole list? note the item before last? 6 BILLION to restart mihinAir+the hanbanthota airport! thats nearly 17 times whats going to be spent on rural hospitals and medical care.

this just show's how stubborn and greedy Mr. Chinthaka is. since it was his pet project he obviously can't let it be one of the most miserably failed projects in SL history.

i really don’t get the point of having a second international airport. we are struggling to attract new airlines to come to the existing one how can they expect/afford new routes from another one which is only couple of hundred km's away? shouldn't what they be doing is relocate the air force bases in Katunayaka? i'm sure having it their breaks all the heath and safety rules especially when the country is in a fully fledged war with an outfit that do have air power under their arsenal.

this just show's how stubborn and greedy Mr. Chinthaka is. since it was his pet project he obviously can't let it be one of the most miserably failed projects in SL history.

i really don’t get the point of having a second international airport. we are struggling to attract new airlines to come to the existing one how can they expect/afford new routes from another one which is only couple of hundred km's away? shouldn't what they be doing is relocate the air force bases in Katunayaka? i'm sure having it their breaks all the heath and safety rules especially when the country is in a fully fledged war with an outfit that do have air power under their arsenal.

I'm not sure its an international passenger airport, but I don't see a problem with the concept, at least for cargo handling. After all the proper procedures and environmental protocols and what not are properly done, of course.

Mihin, on the other hand, is not even worth talking about. Its just an abuse of power and the people. I get the feeling its not so much the "can't let it be one of the most miserably failed projects" tho. If he wanted it to succeed, he could have appointed a decent CEO. Its just a front for siphoning off funds, IMO.

I'm not sure its an international passenger airport, but I don't see a problem with the concept, at least for cargo handling. After all the proper procedures and environmental protocols and what not are properly done, of course.

Mihin, on the other hand, is not even worth talking about. Its just an abuse of power and the people. I get the feeling its not so much the "can't let it be one of the most miserably failed projects" tho. If he wanted it to succeed, he could have appointed a decent CEO. Its just a front for siphoning off funds, IMO.

http://www.priu.gov.lk/news_update/Current...t_weerawila.htm

according to this article it meant to be a passenger airport.

that got me thinking, isn't it far more easier to extend the existing one. or as i said before move the air force base. i belive the main reason katunayake was targetted several times was because of LTTE's interest in causing damage to our arial attack capabilities. if there's a need for a second backup airport/runaway to redirect aircrafts during an emergency why not develop the one in koggala. well i'm not a surveyor or a military expert so may be there is a rational reason for building one in Hambanthota. but then again i managed to dig this up

http://www.lankabusinessonline.com/fullsto...p?nid=736670833

you are absolutly spot on about Mihini. i'm sure the 'MAN' is bit humiliated after Mihini publicly crashed and burned.

that got me thinking, isn't it far more easier to extend the existing one. or as i said before move the air force base. i belive the main reason katunayake was targetted several times was because of LTTE's interest in causing damage to our arial attack capabilities. if there's a need for a second backup airport/runaway to redirect aircrafts during an emergency why not develop the one in koggala. well i'm not a surveyor or a military expert so may be there is a rational reason for building one in Hambanthota. but then again i managed to dig this up

you are absolutly spot on about Mihini. i'm sure the 'MAN' is bit humiliated after Mihini publicly crashed and burned.

Contradicting points of view on these two articles. It's good if they are planning on a 4km runway, but the I don't think that there is that much tourism interested in the wildlife to land a A380 in Weerawila. You need to cater for the business travelers on the long haul jets, and that means Colombo.

As for military, there are lots of fields around. I think they are keeping the jets in Katu coz the infrastucture for supporting jets, fueling and stuff, are already available there. Otherwise there are plenty of other fields around that the Brits built. Ratmalana, Katukurunda and Koggala come to mind for AF use. China Bay, and there is a track in Anuradhapura too right?

Well when they attacked us in 2001 and destroyed most of our Civilian fleet, i doubt they were targeting the SLAF per se....

As for military, there are lots of fields around. I think they are keeping the jets in Katu coz the infrastucture for supporting jets, fueling and stuff, are already available there. Otherwise there are plenty of other fields around that the Brits built. Ratmalana, Katukurunda and Koggala come to mind for AF use. China Bay, and there is a track in Anuradhapura too right?

& Hingurakgoda