• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ac Controls...!!!

Rox

Can anyone mention DO's & DONT's with AC in vehicles?

I'm using AC in my car (FN15 PULSAR CJ1 1500cc) with;

Temperature Controller - Lowest in BLUE area (Provided that my system has BLUE - WHITE - RED indicator. Some have only BLUE and RED triangles going one on another :-))

Fan Speed Controller - Lowest (1) There are four speeds and no AUTO function

Air Circulation - Inside

This setttings are quite comfortable with me unless there is very hot climate. But many of my friends say that it is not good to keep temperature controller at a medium position and should be set to maximum always. According to them it is because when it is not in max, a hot air path is opened propotionately and which will harm the system when usd in our country. Is there any truth in this?

According to my knowledge setting it max, say 18 Celsius instead of 22 Celsius, will switch on the compressor for more period. Controling fan speed will not switch off the compressor as it is controled by the thermostat at the air intake side of the evaporator/ cooler. Anyway return air inside the vehicle should come to set temperature, in this case 18 Celsius, to switch the compressor off.

Also, this will badly affect to fuel consumption too, isn't it?

after a recent AC service... i found out that i had a small leak in my cooler unit...

while removing the unit i found out that dust, leaves and stuff gets sucked into the cooler unit and stays there since the unit gets "wet" due condensation...

These little dirt bit accelerates oxidation of the metal in those cooler tubes and make them prone to leak over time...

Solution...

The technician recommended to close out the outside air intake duct near the cooler unit...

Switch off the AC about 5 mins before you plan to park the the car and only have the fan working at high speed. This makes the cooler unit get back to ambient temp faster reducing water condensation...

Maybe these might not be the best things to do but after working with the ac guy hands on i think it makes sense :)

I think the proportionate opening thing might have something to do with outside stuff getting into the cooler unit and messing it up like it was the case in my car...

I mostly keep my AC at the lowest temp and control the "effect" with fan speed when i'm not in "auto" mode... But that's just personal choice :) :)