• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mahindra Blero Pickup Truck

tangalleman

may i know what is the reason you wish to buy this ?

Reason is the fact that I plan to live in Tangalle,I'm in a process of building my house there,and for the price I'm told it is the best value in a truck purchase in Sri Lanka!

My problem is that at the moment I'm in USA and need to know what the cost for a Mahindra Bolero single cab truck with power steering is in Colombo and who the sales agent is?

Reason is the fact that I plan to live in Tangalle,I'm in a process of building my house there,and for the price I'm told it is the best value in a truck purchase in Sri Lanka!

My problem is that at the moment I'm in USA and need to know what the cost for a Mahindra Bolero single cab truck with power steering is in Colombo and who the sales agent is?

The agent is General Sales Co Ltd

[#####]

Edited by MADZ

There are a few more options if its a pick up that your looking for - all the major manufacturers have an offering of 2WD & 4WD single and double cabs

whats you budget like? :huh:

your likely to mitigate the risk of loosing in terms of depreciation should you choose to go with a Japanese pick up (there have been instances where the price has actually appreciated! :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
There are a few more options if its a pick up that your looking for - all the major manufacturers have an offering of 2WD & 4WD single and double cabs

whats you budget like? :huh:

your likely to mitigate the risk of loosing in terms of depreciation should you choose to go with a Japanese pick up (there have been instances where the price has actually appreciated! :blink:

My budget is about Rs. 1.5 mil. Japanese pickups are too expensive for me! I need cash price info. on a Bolero Single cab with PS , AC and 5 speed Transmission from the sales agent in Colombo (General Sales Co Ltd.) 191 Galle Road,Mount Lavinia.

I appreciate if you could contact "GESCO" and provide me with the info. Many thanks!!!

Edited by tangalleman

My budget is about Rs. 1.5 mil. Japanese pickups are too expensive for me! I need cash price info. on a Bolero Single cab with PS , AC and 5 speed Transmission from the sales agent in Colombo (General Sales Co Ltd.) 191 Galle Road,Mount Lavinia.

I appreciate if you could contact "GESCO" and provide me with the info. Many thanks!!!

Is this a cheap marketing stunt?

[####]

0094-112574511-5 Fax: 0094-112573673, 0094-112576239

Edited by MADZ

Dont buy it brand new. because everyone who buys brand new sells it within 2-3 months after purchase. ( Maybe because its really good )

so i am sure you can get a very good deal on it 2nd Hand.

Great minds and all that...

NO, no stunts of any kind!...I'm a foreigner and I'm told in Sri Lanka foreigners are always charged more than Sri Lankans when they try to buy anything!!!!! SO I need to hear from a "Good Willing Sri Lankan" how much this truck costs if it is being purchased by a Srilankan...?! and so far there has been No Useful Information from anyone!

NO, no stunts of any kind!...I'm a foreigner and I'm told in Sri Lanka foreigners are always charged more than Sri Lankans when they try to buy anything!!!!! SO I need to hear from a "Good Willing Sri Lankan" how much this truck costs if it is being purchased by a Srilankan...?! and so far there has been No Useful Information from anyone!

Thats applicable at roadside vegetable shops and Pettah, not establishments like this.

NO, no stunts of any kind!...I'm a foreigner and I'm told in Sri Lanka foreigners are always charged more than Sri Lankans when they try to buy anything!!!!! SO I need to hear from a "Good Willing Sri Lankan" how much this truck costs if it is being purchased by a Srilankan...?!

there are certain instances where someone might take a foreigner for a ride , but i sincerely doubt that would be the case when it comes to something of this nature!

The local motor magazine has a list price of SL Rs.990,000 for the 2WD & 1.45 Million for the 4WD varient

and so far there has been No Useful Information from anyone!

i resent that comment!

if you'd so much as botherd to take a close enough look at post #8 you owuld have seen thier telephone numbers

i'm to believe that IDD calls aren't exactly expensive so you could easily have called them directly for more information!

a simple google search will bring up thier email address - its against forum rules to post local web related info (pertaining specifically to the sale of vehicles) which is why the email address which i had noted in that post is no longer visible

i resent that comment!

if you'd so much as botherd to take a close enough look at post #8 you owuld have seen thier telephone numbers

i'm to believe that IDD calls aren't exactly expensive so you could easily have called them directly for more information!

a simple google search will bring up thier email address - its against forum rules to post local web related info (pertaining specifically to the sale of vehicles) which is why the email address which i had noted in that post is no longer visible

Devinda_Z,

i like to thank you and all others who have responded to my inquiry!...i contacted gesco by email and they responded,quoting me Rs1,700,000 for a 2WD bolero single cab and Rs2,000,000 for 4WD bolero single cab... both with the following specs:

100hp turbo diesel engine

5speed manual transmission

power steering

central locking

factory installed air con.

NOW THE QUESTION IS.....are these quotations same as what the local person would receive from gesco on all cash bases?

ANY&ALL CLARIFICATION INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!......NOT easy to be a FOREIGNER ;-(

Devinda_Z,

i like to thank you and all others who have responded to my inquiry!...i contacted gesco by email and they responded,quoting me Rs1,700,000 for a 2WD bolero single cab and Rs2,000,000 for 4WD bolero single cab... both with the following specs:

100hp turbo diesel engine

5speed manual transmission

power steering

central locking

factory installed air con.

NOW THE QUESTION IS.....are these quotations same as what the local person would receive from gesco on all cash bases?

ANY&ALL CLARIFICATION INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!......NOT easy to be a FOREIGNER ;-(

If you are Foreigner I think you should not buy the Bolero. Cos its utter crap.

Why not spend another 4000 Dollars more and Buy the Isuzu KB Single Cab (2.5 Turbo) or the Mitsubishi L200 Single Cab ( 4D56) or the Mazda BT 50 Single Cab ( 2.5 Common Rail Turbo ).

I am sure for the 4000 Dollars you spend more you know that you will not have to live with any crap like the Bolero Cab.

Couple of my freinds brought them and they are all ready being sold as they give so much problems.

If you are Foreigner I think you should not buy the Bolero. Cos its utter crap.

Why not spend another 4000 Dollars more and Buy the Isuzu KB Single Cab (2.5 Turbo) or the Mitsubishi L200 Single Cab ( 4D56) or the Mazda BT 50 Single Cab ( 2.5 Common Rail Turbo ).

I am sure for the 4000 Dollars you spend more you know that you will not have to live with any crap like the Bolero Cab.

Couple of my freinds brought them and they are all ready being sold as they give so much problems.

was thinking the same thing...

i'll see if i can get a good quote for the Isuzu..

Velocity, any idea if those Tata's are any good??

been seeing new shape Tata cabs running abt lately..

was thinking the same thing...

i'll see if i can get a good quote for the Isuzu..

Velocity, any idea if those Tata's are any good??

been seeing new shape Tata cabs running abt lately..

Z, just ask any person who have brought TATA cabs.

They will complain. But you get what you have paid for.

I am not dissing indian technology, but just that its not yet upto the standard.

Let us say you buy cheap and you use it for the next 5 years you might have around 300,000 worth of repairs on a indian cab which means long term japanese one would be cheaper and may retain better value and even do better on fuel.

or the Mitsubishi L200 Single Cab ( 4D56)

that's a pretty good vehicle...good value for money too at 2.4mil...a cousin has bought one and so far no problems,

i recently saw nilakto(samare) modifying one with buffers,upgrading to montero side mirrors,etc...and i must say it looked pretty good

that's a pretty good vehicle...good value for money too at 2.4mil...a cousin has bought one and so far no problems,

i recently saw nilakto(samare) modifying one with buffers,upgrading to montero side mirrors,etc...and i must say it looked pretty good

i recall seeing one at the motorshow in balck and looked might spiffy :) ,esp with the bull bar , lamps n big tires :D

i believe people 'modify' them by adding all the accesories and re sell them , cuz i've seen a couple already in the papers!

• 3 years later...