• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Serena (# 59 And 252)

razordj

as per my budget i i am planning to go for a Nissan serena number 59 or 252. i have no that much knowledge about automobiles. So could anyone please tell me pros and cons about this model and availability of the spare parts in srilanka? plus better options( vans ) for a budget below 1 million ?

as per my budget i i am planning to go for a Nissan serena number 59 or 252. i have no that much knowledge about automobiles. So could anyone please tell me pros and cons about this model and availability of the spare parts in srilanka? plus better options( vans ) for a budget below 1 million ?

There was a TownAce on autolanka classified just over the 1 mil mark which would have been a good buy, provided its in decent condition.

The issue with the Serena is one of a bumpy ride at the back and an under powered engine (is the same engine as used in the Vanette). I suggest you test drive one and see how much these 2 things affect your, because people have different priorities when purchasing vehicles.

My preference will be to buy a Vanette in that price range since its very good on fuel, pulls very well and the ride well .... is acceptable, but not really comparable to a car. The LiteAce CM36 and the TownAce CR26 and CR27 might also be available on your budget and all are good vehicle, though now a bit old.

don't go for it dude....i admit i've never even driven one...but from what i've heard it's no good...avoid!!!

hmmm you might better off going for something else

i'll admit to knowing next to nothing when it comes to vans , but that thing if i recall right had the record at one time for the worlds slowest accelarating diesel :blink:

then there is also that issue where the rear windows are sealed (or is this only on the cargo varients or something :unsure: )

a tad ot but spotted a new gen Serena just yesterday and it looked rather spiffy for a van :)

it seems Serena is not a good option, :unsure: but as Devinda said, it looks a spiffy vehicle, even though it has a bad image among the people. does any of you know that the availability of spare parts in srilanka for SERENA (Diesel )?

Thanks in advance.

it seems Serena is not a good option, :unsure: but as Devinda said, it looks a spiffy vehicle, even though it has a bad image among the people. does any of you know that the availability of spare parts in srilanka for SERENA (Diesel )?

Thanks in advance.

well i was kinda refereing to this model...

nissan_serena()2006_r7.jpg

Thanks in advance.

The engine and some of the suspension is shared amongst the vanette, Largo and the Serena so should not be a problem finding those. There are enough vehicles around to ensure spares are not an issue. The only version of the Serena I've actually liked is the Fx, which has a turbo charged engine and Dual AC (I think) and possibly rear springs but i might be wrong here (certainly not as bumpy as the cargo).

I think Miniace addressed the Gasket issue before, I think the issue relates to air flow to the engine compartment which is necessary to cool the engine and failiure to do this results in engine overheating and gasket failure. It is an avoidable problem.

dont go for that bro ...

its very underpowered and theres a gasket issue as Don mentioned. also all the rear glasses are sealed and it doesn't have dual AC in a cargo one.

with ur budget, i think u better go for a townace or liteace and u can find spares easily... and what about a delica PO5 ? i dont know the prices of them

thank you very much for all giving me those valuable feedback and i guess i have to think twice before go for a Serena and as you guys suggested there are better options like a townace or a Liteace suitable for my budget.