• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Cefiro 2000

GajaYa

i think it has a bit to do with a gearbox. cos i think most cefiros came with auto boxes and the only one that had a manual was a the touring version. i havent driven the manual version. but when u put ur foot down in the auto version its just doesnt go anywhere. like when u start from a standstill and say u wanna pull away from the lights, u floor it but there's a hum like in a cvt and then it just starts inching forwards. its the feeling of having a 100bhp engine with very very little torque. when u kick down to overtake its not as quick to respond as ur normal family hatch. again its the same story. u can hear the smooth v6 note. but combine that with the actual progress u feel like u r being winched out of a river. ok if u look outside the window the trees start movig a bit faster. and u may overtake other cars at a rate quicker than ur average saloon. but ive never felt more dettached from the steering throttle brakes etc etc. i think its the auto box that kills everything. cos this cefiro unlike its rwd predecessor was aimed at the conservative businessman. so the g'box filters out the v6's deadly punch and soothes the drivers brow as it goes by. once it gets over 100km/h or the gearbox stops filtering and starts delievering. its a 160 bhp motor. so its quite progressive all the way upto the 180km/h limiter. but nobody goes from 100-180 really quick and its the 0-50s and 30-70s that really matters to us. but at those speed it feels held back or chained to something heavy. so i guess its the comfort oriented gearbox that kills it. u can live with the numb steering and the brakes. so if u want to buy a cefiro buy a manual which could very well be cheaper. and you'll be able to harness the full power of that v6. plus i guarantee u'll do at least 8km/l if u feather the throttle.

• 2 weeks later...
the Nissan Cefiro 2000 in SL is going cheap a good car can be around 16-19, why is this car going cheap??

is the petrol consumption too much..........the other cars of the same class are more expensive...

If I'm not mistaken, there is also a notorious dashboard cracking issue with the cefiro... :unsure:

If I'm not mistaken, there is also a notorious dashboard cracking issue with the cefiro... :unsure:

Dashboard cracking??? <_< have not heard of it before? Is it a manufacturing defect of some sort?

Have never heard dash board cracking on the model.

Btw the S-Touring version comes with a 2.5L V6, this was quick on accelerating.

i've heard this and seen few victims as well..... if you tend to park under the sun for a long time then for sure the dash will split into pieces .. dash in the sense the crash pad... top of the dash board. however can't blame nissan for this coz our guys are bringing down the non tropical version which was built for domestic market..

yep the dash board does tend to crack within a years use in sl. the gloss finish around the vents are quite poor quality as well. if you are not very careful when cleaning the interior u can easily scrath it clean off the plastic. i just did some quick research on the web and i found out there was actually manual version of the excimo. and all manual versions came with the 2.0 engine apparently. the s touring was however available with both 2.0 and 2.5 engines. if i'm going to buy one myself it would be a manual s touring cos the wheels are easier to clean on them :P

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

Need some infor, I need to change the Transmission oil in my A 33 and was wondering the following.

1) Transmission oil capacity

2) Best place to change same

3) Best Oil you guys would recommend.

4) is the Oil filled from the top (ie engine bay?)

Sorry its ma first Auto !!

Its a lot of car for the money. Good value second hand.

Edited by pradfred

Hi all,

Need some infor, I need to change the Transmission oil in my A 33 and was wondering the following.

1) Transmission oil capacity

2) Best place to change same

3) Best Oil you guys would recommend.

4) is the Oil filled from the top (ie engine bay?)

Sorry its ma first Auto !!

Its a lot of car for the money. Good value second hand.

Not sure about the oil capacity mate, or the filling position, but i believe one of the better places to get it done is probably P*tstop_ They'll have the right oil for it too i guess, seeing as they are run by A_M_W...

Not sure about the oil capacity mate, or the filling position, but i believe one of the better places to get it done is probably P*tstop_ They'll have the right oil for it too i guess, seeing as they are run by A_M_W...

Good One Supra.

Thanks I missed that, will do .

cheers

• 9 months later...
sometimes the crack continues sometimes it doesn't.

once it gets really bad, you can change it.

thanks fuzzo :)

how much would it roughly cost to get it fully replaced? and is there any place you'd recommend to me?

in general, is there any place you recommend me to maitain a cefiro?