• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

5afe Engine

tharindu6

Hi Guys.

I have a 1990 Toyota Carina. It has a 5AFE EFI engine

i just want to get more info abt this engine.google search didnt help that much.Please give information abt this engine.

And i have a problem with the ideling of engine. how can i do an ECU reset?Will it solve my Problem?

:unsure:

Devinda

This car has done about 315K on its ODO.what are your suggestions?

Cuz there is a problem with its ideling speed,say in cold start is revs for abt 1500rpm.Then when it gets hot the idel hovers arnd 650-700 rpm.But say if i drive at like 60kmph and suddenly breaks and press d clucth the RPM drops fast and engine stops. :huh: what can be the reason?

Devinda

This car has done about 315K on its ODO.what are your suggestions?

Cuz there is a problem with its ideling speed,say in cold start is revs for abt 1500rpm.Then when it gets hot the idel hovers arnd 650-700 rpm.But say if i drive at like 60kmph and suddenly breaks and press d clucth the RPM drops fast and engine stops. :huh: what can be the reason?

Had a sprinter with a 5Afe. Solid engine. I would say a Injector clean up and general tune up should solve the problem. Check your spark plugs and HT Leads as well. Check your A/C Idle up settings too.... had a similar issue with mine but it was easily fixed.

Hi Guys.

I have a 1990 Toyota Carina. It has a 5AFE EFI engine

i just want to get more info abt this engine.google search didnt help that much.Please give information abt this engine.

And i have a problem with the ideling of engine. how can i do an ECU reset?Will it solve my Problem?

:unsure:

5AFE is a grade engine from Toyota. it can run around 350,000 km without big issue if u do regular maintenance. don't think about too much about your problems. take your vehicle to Toyota agents or good Toyota bass. i have one engine if u want for spares let me know.