• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Jeeps

Santhu

004aa.jpg

Jeep vehicles are known worldwide for their capability, utility and distinctive style.

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8

19op3.jpg

21jc1.jpg

Powered by a 6.1-liter HEMI producing 415 horsepower (85 more horses and 25 percent more power than the 5.7-liter HEMI-equipped 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 410 lb.-ft. of torque, the all-new 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8's performance numbers include 0-60 mph in under 5 seconds, 0-100-0 mph in the low 19-second range, and 60-0 mph braking distance of approximately 125 feet.

General specifications

Record last updated 04 / 04 / 2005

Country of origin United States Year of introduction 2006

Introduced at 2005 New York International Auto Show

Numbers built N/A Body design N/A WeightN/A Drivetrain Engine HEMI 90º V 8 Engine Location Front , longitudinally mounted Displacement 6.059 liter / 369.7 cu in Valvetrain 2 valves / cylinder, OHV Fuel feed Fuel injection Aspiration Naturally Aspirated Gearbox A580 5 speed Automatic Drive All wheel drive Performance figures Power 415 bhp / 310 KW @ 6000 rpm Torque 569 Nm / 420 ft lbs @ 4800 rpm BHP/Liter68 bhp / liter Power to weight ratio N/A

Top Speed N/A 0-60 mph Acceleration 5.0 s

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeep Wrangler

30uv.jpg

The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon has locking differentials that can be driver actuated when the transfer case is in low range and the vehicle speed is less than 10 miles per hour. A dash-mounted rocker switch allows the driver to lock the rear axle and toggle the front axle locker on and off for improved maneuvering. A pneumatic pump runs at just five pounds per square inch for a more reliable and quieter system than is available in the aftermarket. This mechanically locks the axle shafts together to drive all four wheels at the same speed. When not locked, the rear axle has a torque-sensing limited slip feature to provide better traction and handling on-road. Dana model 44 axles with 4.10:1 ratios for both front and rear provide the durability and strength needed for extreme off-road driving.

The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon features unique exterior design cues and will be available in Inca Gold as well as the other nine Wrangler exterior colors. A 22-inch long 'Rubicon' graphic is prominently placed on each side of the hood. Heavy gauge diamond plate sill guards are bolted to the body sides to protect rocker panels from damage in off-road driving.

General specifications

Record last updated Before 12 / 01 / 2004

Country of origin United States

Year of introduction 2003

Numbers built N/A

Body design N/A

Weight1688 kilo / 3721.4 lbs

Drivetrain Engine PowerTech Straight 6 Engine Location Front , longitudinally mounted Displacement 3.956 liter / 241.4 cu in Valvetrain 2 valves / cylinder, OHV Fuel feed Fuel injection Aspiration Naturally Aspirated Gearbox NVG 3550 5 speed Manual Drive All wheel drive Performance figures Power 190 bhp / 142 KW @ 4600 rpm Torque 319 Nm / 235 ft lbs @ 3200 rpm BHP/Liter48 bhp / liter Power to weight ratio 0.11 bhp / kg

Top Speed N/A 0-60 mph Acceleration N/A

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:(:D

Hey .

Pass Any Info On Jeeps

hey.. welcome to the forum!!!

and machan, peice of advice... you'll need to be a bit more specific here... asking "Pass Any Info On Jeeps", is like goign upto bethovan and asking "hey man, got some good music?"...(ok i think bethovan was deaf so dont bug me with that...) :)

and good luck trying to keep your thread on track... before you know it jeeps will be nowhere on it and everyone'll be talking about something totally off like drags or something.. :D

and good luck trying to keep your thread on track... before you know it jeeps will be nowhere on it and everyone'll be talking about something totally off like drags or something.. :)

he'll be lucky if the thread goes off onto an automotive related tangent :D

• 2 years later...

have any of you'll seen a green FOUR door Jeep Wrangler running around town?!?! :blink:

i'd have thought it was one of these new things, but it was on a 32- number! :o

any clues as to what the story might be?

looked VERY clean - impossible to say if it was a mod job or not even :unsure:

looked like it had some suspension mods as it sat a substantial height over the ground... :mellow:

jeep_wrangler_unlimited.jpg

have any of you'll seen a green FOUR door Jeep Wrangler running around town?!?! :blink:

i'd have thought it was one of these new things, but it was on a 32- number! :o

any clues as to what the story might be?

looked VERY clean - impossible to say if it was a mod job or not even :unsure:

looked like it had some suspension mods as it sat a substantial height over the ground... :mellow:

jeep_wrangler_unlimited.jpg

Devinda I too saw this a few months back. At the time i assumed it was a local job, but extremely well done..

Devinda I too saw this a few months back. At the time i assumed it was a local job, but extremely well done..

so well done that i was begining to wonder if it might even have been the genuine article with some number jugglery.. :huh:

even the very little i saw of the interior seemed original..

tailed it for a good km trying to figure it out... :mellow:

• 4 years later...
The new models or does it include the classic models as well?

Any Jeep model starting with the original 1941 Willys.

Some of our Land Rover fans don't know that the first Land Rover came years after Willys Jeep and was a copy of the Willys Jeep.......

Willy's Jeep introduced in 1941 as a military vehicle for WW2

Ford_GP_1941.gif

Jeep CJ (Civilian Jeep) was introduced in 1945

743px-%252746_Jeep_CJ_%2528Auto_classiqu

First Land Rover introduced in 1948 was a copy of the Willy's Jeep

land-rover-250620025.jpg

csteer_1.jpg

Some of our Land Rover fans don't know that the first Land Rover came years after Willys Jeep and was a copy of the Willys Jeep.......

Willy's Jeep introduced in 1941 as a military vehicle for WW2

Ford_GP_1941.gif

Jeep CJ (Civilian Jeep) was introduced in 1945

743px-%252746_Jeep_CJ_%2528Auto_classiqu

First Land Rover introduced in 1948 was a copy of the Willy's Jeep

land-rover-250620025.jpg

csteer_1.jpg

If you don't know something and if you don't know how to google it, then STFU!

The above Land Rover (known as Center Steering) was just a one-off prototype, probably built on a Willys chassis. It was never manufactured for sale.

The new Cherokee looks too weird to me. Should be the best handling Jeep ever though as it share the Alfa Romeo platform.

I like the Grand Cherokee facelift. They've just launched the new Diesel and 8 speed autos in the US. Should be another record year for the brand.

The Jeep CJ series can trace its roots to the World War II-era military Willys Jeep that served in the European and Pacific theaters. Following the war, Willys developed the Jeep CJ, or Civilian Jeep. The CJ5 model debuted in 1954. It was almost identical to the military version with its extremely short wheelbase and high center of gravity to navigate rough terrain. The CJ7 is a longer version that improved handling over the CJ5.

Early CJ5s

• The Jeep CJ5 was born in an era when safety took a backseat to engine performance. Through the 1950s, automobiles and trucks featured steel dashboards, lacked seatbelts and decent stopping power with archaic all-wheel drum brakes. Jeep stood apart because it was a passenger car with truck qualities. It was an early sport utility vehicle. The CJ5 was a utilitarian vehicle ideal for ranch and farm work with its short 81-inch wheelbase and 138.2-inch overall length. By the time Kaiser purchased Jeep from Willys in 1965, it had become an urban street vehicle.

Changes

• More than 600,000 Jeep CJ5s were sold between 1954 and its last year of production in 1984. By the mid-1970s, American Motors Corporation, which had purchased Jeep from Kaiser in 1970, became increasingly concerned about the Jeep's safety and the potential for rollover accidents. Inexperienced drivers were purchasing new CJ5s and driving them like typical passenger cars. AMC attempted to resolve these issues by increasing the wheelbase to 83.5 inches and the overall length to 142.1 inches. In 1976, AMC introduced the CJ7. It featured a wheelbase nearly 10 inches longer than the CJ5 at 93.3 inches. The overall length was 148 inches. The CJ7's 68.5-inch width, 67.7-inch height and 6.9-inch ground clearance remained the same as the CJ5. Yet the CJ7 outweighed the CJ5 -- 2,707 lbs. to 2,665 lbs., respectively

http://www.ehow.com/info_8118083_difference-between-cj5-cj7.html

Model:

1959 Willys Jeep CJ5

Engine: 2199 ccm (133,51 cubic inches)

Engine type:in-line, 4-cyl

Valves per cylinder:2

Max. Power:60.00 PS (43,78 kW or 58,71 HP) at 3600 Rev. per min.

Max. Torque:145.00 Nm (14,73 kgf-m or 106,47 ft.lbs) at 3600 Rev. per min.

Fuel:Gasoline

Transmission:Manual, 3-speed

Power / Weight ratio:0.0583 PS/kg

Drive:4WD

Passenger space:3180 litres (835,80 gallons)

Country of origin:USA

Weight:1030 kg (2259,45 pounds)

Total length:3520 mm (137,91 inches)

Total width:1550 mm (60,70 inches)

Total height:1740 mm (68,16 inches)

Wheelbase:2060 mm (80,69 inches)

Front brakes type:Drums

Rear brakes type:Drums

Edited by CJ5

If you don't know something and if you don't know how to google it, then STFU!

The above Land Rover (known as Center Steering) was just a one-off prototype, probably built on a Willys chassis. It was never manufactured for sale.

Yes I know it was a prototype, and that in fact it was built on a Willys Jeep chassis. Which is why I never wrote that it was for sale or went on sale. I only wrote it was a (British) copy of the Jeep.

Now why don't you STFU , and start reading more literally so you don't make wrong assumptions.

• Like 1

Wasn't the Jeep Wagoneer which commenced production in the late 40s considered the 1st SUV?

post-55509-0-04245800-1362061047_thumb.j

Yes I know it was a prototype, and that in fact it was built on a Willys Jeep chassis. Which is why I never wrote that it was for sale or went on sale. I only wrote it was a (British) copy of the Jeep.

Now why don't you STFU , and start reading more literally so you don't make wrong assumptions.

Ah yes! typical cali... disowning his own statements...

Tell me.. did your parents disown you when you were a kid?