• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Rx-7 ( Concept ) X3

dillongt

Reuben Zammit has created a number of stunning designs over the past 12 months but unlike most designers he has been fortunate enough to have some of his designs approved for production. His Bugatti Type 12-2 Streamliner concept, which we saw earlier today, is pure fantasy but his new X3 sports coupe concept is built around an old Mazda RX-7 FD chassis and could actually be produced today with a minimum of fuss.

The proposed engine for the concept is a three-rotor turbocharged rotary engine developing more than 700hp. The target of the project was to create a chassis that’s more rigid than the stock version but keeps the car’s total mass under 1,200kg. Some of the innovations include a new carbon-fiber roof, gullwing doors (these actually stiffen the chassis since they act as a roll cage), a tilted windscreen and new heat outlets positioned in the doors.

To keep costs down, Zammit’s design leaves a number of features from the standard RX-7 unchanged. Parts that were left untouched include the windshield shape, wheelbase, vehicle track and running gear.

hhjnb3.png

w723.png

ghjhmw3.png

w773.png

r12x3020917950x673yf2.jpg

w950.png

91193467hr1.png

w531.png

i'm the happiest man alive .... :jumping-smiley-013:

i wonder if a chassis which nearly 2 decades old in terms of its design will be able to cope with justu nder 3 times the power it was initially intended to handle... :unsure:

:mellow:

Yeah Z, good point.

The shape got me thinking of the corvette........

Will Mazda ever put out an RX with a normal combustion engine? Maybe something which can challenge the Nissan GTR ? Now that would be a true Jap battle .....

ok, dreamtimes over, am gonna go home now in my old mazda. ( big sigh) :rolleyes:

Edited by pradfred

Yeah Z, good point.

The shape got me thinking of the corvette........

Will Mazda ever put out an RX with a normal combustion engine? Maybe something which can challenge the Nissan GTR ? Now that would be a true Jap battle .....

ok, dreamtimes over, am gonna go home now in my old mazda. ( big sigh) :rolleyes:

if they graft a normal 4 stroke engine to the rx it wont be an rx anymore. it'll be more like a capella :lol:

the reason why they keep their engines at just 1.3 is because according to japanese classing the 1.3 is considered 2.0 (1.5*1.3) which keeps it safe from big engine taxes.

my buddy's fd has 680 hp and i'm sure this one can handle 700 hp without a doubt with the new technology <_< ....

Edited by dillongt

too many edges for my liking......i like my RX7's nice and curvy if you don't mind....infact i like everything nice and curvy :D

but I can see why dillongt likes it .... it looks like his old black rx he used here ne?

Well, for what its worth (probably nothing), it get the Pericles Seal of Approval :)

the final production version will have more conservative looks me thinks...if it does indeed go in to production...remember that high powered gaz guzzler projects are being dropped by the car company's these days to save money(NSX,Supra)...

BTW did anyone notice the side of the car on the first pic are differant than the second and the third pics?.....i like the second's and the third's side better..