• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Exhaust Gas Test -fb13

sira

Small Advice from me.

I went to check my exhaust gas level coz I wanted to get my revenue license. I would not tell the plebe but they ware very helpful.

I failed the first attempt and they said fix this and come again. I said wait, I know something to fix this

What I did was simply turn the screw on the carb call mixture (not sure exact word). The screw located one bellow the white screw. That one is idle speed. Do not turn that.

While the probe connected to the silencer and ignition (for RPM count). I saw the CO level is decreasing form 6.00 to 1 and it became 0.45. so the test was ok. another thing is after the adjustment the Pulling power became perfect.

The FB 13 carb is electronically controlled and it has ECU too. Also FB 13 cars got Lamda sensor (O2 sensor). When I brought my car 4 years ago some body had removed the Lamda sensor wire. Then the carb get malfunctioned.

So if you go for ECO testing make sure the all parts are connected properly and find that screw on the carb.

sira

Small Advice from me.

I went to check my exhaust gas level coz I wanted to get my revenue license. I would not tell the plebe but they ware very helpful.

I failed the first attempt and they said fix this and come again. I said wait, I know something to fix this

What I did was simply turn the screw on the carb call mixture (not sure exact word). The screw located one bellow the white screw. That one is idle speed. Do not turn that.

While the probe connected to the silencer and ignition (for RPM count). I saw the CO level is decreasing form 6.00 to 1 and it became 0.45. so the test was ok. another thing is after the adjustment the Pulling power became perfect.

The FB 13 carb is electronically controlled and it has ECU too. Also FB 13 cars got Lamda sensor (O2 sensor). When I brought my car 4 years ago some body had removed the Lamda sensor wire. Then the carb get malfunctioned.

So if you go for ECO testing make sure the all parts are connected properly and find that screw on the carb.

sira

Thanks for the advice.

The FB 13 carb is electronically controlled and it has ECU too.

wow that means ECU can controll the carb ? i thought ECU only controll Injector Fuel Injection , ignition, Timing etc, this is the first time i heard a Carb Enigne with a ECU, love to know more, does this has a normal ECU like in a EFI car or somethn different ?

wow that means ECU can controll the carb ? i thought ECU only controll Injector Fuel Injection , ignition, Timing etc, this is the first time i heard a Carb Enigne with a ECU, love to know more, does this has a normal ECU like in a EFI car or somethn different ?

Same with JDM Honda EGs machan.The ECU is located on the left side pannel of the passenger footwell.Looks a little same but its not as sophisticated as ones you get in EFi cars, hence it cannot make very direct adjustments to the carb. All the adjustments are done by controlling the vacuum valves that are located in a black box mounted on the engine firewall right next to the brake master cylinder.

Edited by GearHead

Yes it is, if you want i can send you the factory service manual to you can download for nissanforums.com

the ECU sense bellow items

1. Air Fuel ratio

2. Speed of the vehicle

3. Gear position (natural position or not, this is only got domestic model which is imported re-condition cars)

4. Engine temperature

5. Air condition on/off

6. RPM

See this too my earlier post

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?showtopic=4529

Sira

Yes it is, if you want i can send you the factory service manual to you can download for nissanforums.com

the ECU sense bellow items

1. Air Fuel ratio

2. Speed of the vehicle

3. Gear position (natural position or not, this is only got domestic model which is imported re-condition cars)

4. Engine temperature

5. Air condition on/off

6. RPM

See this too my earlier post

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?showtopic=4529

Sira