• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Starting Problem, Maruti 800

mjayanath

Question

My car Maruti 800, 19-****, engine overhauled last year. Engine tune up was also done last year at A*W. Contact point replaced with genuine one.

I can start the engine in the morning. I can even start the engine in a traffic when the engine is hot.

But it is very difficult to start the engine after 10 minutes or more after few miles run.

But if I let the engine cool for 2 hours I can start the engine.

Please let me know possible reasons for this.

Thank you.

Mahilal Jayanath

4 answers to this question

My car Maruti 800, 19-****, engine overhauled last year. Engine tune up was also done last year at A*W. Contact point replaced with genuine one.

I can start the engine in the morning. I can even start the engine in a traffic when the engine is hot.

But it is very difficult to start the engine after 10 minutes or more after few miles run.

But if I let the engine cool for 2 hours I can start the engine.

Please let me know possible reasons for this.

Thank you.

Mahilal Jayanath

Does the engine misfire when it's warmed up?

I'm guessing you need to check the usual suspects, Plugs, wires and distributor. Also the ignition coil is a possible candidate

If the car starts misfiring after a bit of running, then it's likely your coil is overheating