• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help On Buying A Sports Hatch

ck2buwa

Hi mates!

I need help from you all. I have saved up some money and looking to buy a second hand sports hatch below 9 laks :jumping-smiley-013: .

I m interested in going for a toyota cynos 1992 model 19 or 300 number.

What are the other good options available for me? Please comment on the Toyota cynos (about spares and running repairs).

By the way cynos is so hard to find if some one have any contacts please give. I hope you brothers will help me out...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the cynos is not neccessarily a hatchback,it's more of a small sports coupe.they go for around 1 mil these days because of their rarity.but if you bargain you could lower it down to your price..

if i was on the market for hot hatch aroung 9 laks i'd go for the second gen honda CRX...the eg8 hatch is also a good choice,i sometimes see a lowered yellow eg8 hatch around kelaniya,and it is a mighty good looking car.

Well you should be able to buy a decent cynos for less tha 9 laks.

About 1 year back I went to look for a Synos at that time it was around 7 laks. But I think now the prices have gone up a lil.

I dont thik a CRX will be a good choice since the spares are hard to find.

And the EG8 hatch will cost you more than 10 laks cuz they are very rare.Once I checkd the price of an eg8 hatch that was on sale in a car sale near Peliyagoda it was a black one and It was 15laks :action-smiley-060: I think its toomuch for a old used car.( May be the Engine Block is made out of Gold I Guess :unsure:

go for a Mitsubishi Hatch it will cost you less that 8 laks and you have 1 lak left to play with

All the Best

Hi ppl!

Thank you tharindu and helrazor for the reponse. I agree with you tharindu cos before going for a cynos i was lookin for a honda crx YOM 1991-1992. Most of the Honda experts adviced me not to go for CRX because of the lack of spares.

I came across with couple of cynos's last week and they range from 8-8.75 and was not in good condition. Hacked like nothing. By the way I dont think im not so fortunate to go for an eg8 hatch since they are way above 12. i dont no why!!!!

I have no clue on the Mitsubishi hatch backs!! Wat are the hatch back models for Mitsubishi except for the mirage.. which is even harder to find than the cynos..

Thank you mates!!!!

And the EG8 hatch will cost you more than 10 laks cuz they are very rare.Once I checkd the price of an eg8 hatch that was on sale in a car sale near Peliyagoda it was a black one and It was 15laks :action-smiley-060: I think its toomuch for a old used car.( May be the Engine Block is made out of Gold I Guess :unsure:

Actually it is worth more than gold to some people. The car you're talking about I believe is a SiR II hatch, quite rare and sought after car for racing.

i guess machang .... a starlet hatch would be nice ..... but if ur thinking of really doing some serious mod's i guess even though the price is a bit high going for a eg8 is the best choice cos u wil get mod's cheaper and work is not that hard on a honda civic than on a starlet ... but a mod starlet is something special .... cos i kw there a dood who owns a blue one called sasha ... damn that car is fast but its a real pain in the a$$ to do the mod's. so i guess ... for the money u have starlet would be a nice ride .... and when u want to change u can always sell it for a good price ... and buy ur self a better one with out any probs ...

Hi mates!

I need help from you all. I have saved up some money and looking to buy a second hand sports hatch below 9 laks :jumping-smiley-013: .

I m interested in going for a toyota cynos 1992 model 19 or 300 number.

What are the other good options available for me? Please comment on the Toyota cynos (about spares and running repairs).

By the way cynos is so hard to find if some one have any contacts please give. I hope you brothers will help me out...

I might sell my Mazda MX3. Good condition. And I really love her. Better than a Cynos :violent-smiley-030: (which I have had) as it has enough room for four adults and a huge boot.

Selling as I have my eye on another car :) which is advertised on AL BTW. :rolleyes:

I dont want to saw anymore as it could be construed as an advert :)

The Honda is a nice one as well. (If you can find a unhacked/race prepped one) . Or Starlet GT turbo...... but finicky

Once one of my friends told me that there is a Honda Hatch for 4 laks cuz the engine was busted.Dunno whetr he still has the car.

Rx 7 is also good but when u pump in you might feel the pain cuz the rotary does abt 3 kmpl.( this is based on the car my friend had and im not a roatary expert)

Nissan Lusino is also gud but its not a hatch.

Honda Delsol is good looking but there is very lil space to sit :angry:

Or buy a normal Starlet and do the GT convirsion machan thats the best thing and you shoul be able to find a decent Convirsion kit if you look around.And im sure our brothers at AL will help you on finding a place for the convirsion kit :)

like tharindu said u should consider a mitsubishi mirage hatch. i was looking at a few mirages before i bought my current car. it uses most of the contemporary lancer's parts. and u got the choice of many engine swaps for future projects. i was looking for the cyborg zr version back then. didnt come across a single one. even if they are available in sl it would be a over your budget. but u could easily carry out a conversion in the future. and turn it into a bob tailed evo for the cost of about 300k. they are a bit rare. but when you come across one haggle as much as you can. cos its a big car with a tiny boot. so you could easily fool the seller to give u a sizeable cut.

i dont quite understand whether u mentioned word hatch becos u care about the cars practicality. or you if want a small car that you can park in small space. if you can live without a hatch door in the back the boys have mentioned some really good motors.

well eg or ek hatch carries a different story mate..tht hacht in kelaniya was a mint n fast beast with a 1.6 sir dohc(was owned by a gentleman veteran racer)..u can get a carb 1300cc hach from 9-1.1ml..well who says crx dnt hav parts..mmm(honda experts????)i had few gen 1 n gen 2 n gen 3 crx n they r cool little buties.also cynos is a very econo n good lookin car...u can check outt wht memphis drives ..its one of the best kept cynos's by an AL member..( dnt ask who the former owner ha ha) evn a grnd civic hatch (ef series ) is good n fast.. im not good with mitsu n nissan stuff

Edited by RACERSEDGE

..well who says crx dnt hav parts..mmm(honda experts????)

yeah i was wondering why people were saying the crx didn't have spare parts,we had a 14 sri Crx in the 90's,and there were no shortage of spare parts then from t*c motors....i was thinking that maybe times have changed and spares have dried up for it...

chk autolanka classifieds tht 19 crx looks good for tht price

i think that's a little over budget for this dude at 1.3 mil.....boy the crx prices have really shot up ne?or is this guy dreaming?

I might sell my Mazda MX3. Good condition. And I really love her. Better than a Cynos :violent-smiley-030: (which I have had) as it has enough room for four adults and a huge boot.

machang that's the one also called autozam ne?....yeah i would have that over the cynos anyday...and IMO it is much better to look at too

BTW I totally forgot to suggest my favorite 90's hatch,the astina :action-smiley-060:

Great handling and I was surprised at how good the ride quality was as well. Yes Cynos is simply a Tarred up Tercel....... Crap to drive. One of my ex's owned one so I know ;) ( I meant the car btw :D )

My choice would be an Alfa 146 1.7 16v :) . Not many would agree here I know but I assure you that it's due to lack of knowledge about the brand.

Spares ARE available, You could pick one up cheaper than most of the cars mentioned above. And it's a great drive with the 129bhp flat four engine and great handling. It's a 5 door though....

Finding an un-abused one will be the key problem though.

The Pug XSi on AL classified is tempting too (I've driven this and the handling is even better than the Alfa - but not the engine) Spares could be tricky though...

I don't like the CRX 2 but love the CRX 1. I don't think there's an issue with the CRX 2 spares situ as one of my cousins' own one without much problem for ages now. The Autozam is a better drive IMHO.

Hi all!

Love u ppl. Thank you very much for the feedback. Well I have the following questions in my mind. Hope you'l can sort things for me..

First of all im looking for a small car mates cos lack of parking spaces. only two cars can be parked and im trying to squeeze in this. So thats y thought of going for a small but sporty one :jumping-smiley-013:

I have the following options and need some opinions:

1. Toyota Cynos - Not a power house but economical plenty of spares. Good resale value..

2. Toyota starlet/ starlet GT - Hard to find GTs. and boy they r expensive avg 12-13 EP82 model GT. By the way guys can get a 2 door basic starlet ep 82for 850. How much will a GT conversion cost including body changes as well?

3. Mitsubishi mirage - Seems to be the ideal thingi for future modifications.Have use alot of Lancers recent past CK2 s specially. Overall excellent car. Hard to find! :(

4. Mazda MX3 or 323 hatch - How abt spare parts for mazdas cos i dont know much on mazdas ppl.

[####]

Thank you so much guys really appreciate your feedback....

Edited by MADZ

nope,most are 4 pots...only two cars here have V6's AFAIK

The V6 is 1.8l right?? Heard about this but never got the chance to take a look at the engine bay of one.

The 4 pot DOHC is the same shared with the Interplay & Astina.