• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A New Vehicle Assembly Project

Thanushka

Hi Guys,

I have came across following vehicle assembly project, which is going to commenced soon and thought of sharing it with you.

http://boi.lk/BOI2008/topstory.asp?NewsID=3747&CatID=1

Let's hope they will not stick in Chinese parts for ever and able to produce higher quality vehicles future.

And does anyone know the price of a Van assembled by them?

I have came across following vehicle assembly project, which is going to commenced soon and thought of sharing it with you.

http://boi.lk/BOI2008/topstory.asp?NewsID=3747&CatID=1

Let's hope they will not stick in Chinese parts for ever and able to produce higher quality vehicles future.

And does anyone know the price of a Van assembled by them?

“The company will offer brand new vehicles at a price less than 70 percent of brand new vehicles and 40 percent less than reconditioned vehicles”.

Now thats a cool news for many,sad they will launch with only one type.

MINIACE

aiyo but all there going to do is flood the market with unsafe , low quality chinese crap! :(

its quite evident when you look at the state most of these indian & chinese vehicles are in after just 5 years of running, and compare them with the avarage ultra basic japanese equivalents which are 20year+ and still going strong.. :mellow:

i dunno about other vehicles...but chinese made trucks are utter crap,they tend to bend in the middle if you load even 1 cube of sand(max is 1.75)...and another rented one split in half in the middle of the kadawatha town while carrying a load of foundation rocks well below it's capacity...i was tempted to go for one because of cheapness and brand new status,but ended up buying a 20 year old mitsu fuso dumper instead.

Edited by HelRazor

...and another rented one split in half in the middle of the kadawatha town while carrying a load of foundation rocks well below it's capacity

lol i could have had a field day if i was home :lol:

wut bothers me is why do we have to form partnerships with chinese companies? how hard could it be to get tools for the chassis and drivetrain of a now defunct japanese truck? after all we have some good coach builders in sl rite?

Wasana Traders is just 350m from my place.....So I have my eyes inside n outside ;) ....you get what I mean ;)

MINIACE

hmm...so you're little close to my place too Ace :)

I bought a bike from those guys sometime ago...was a recon jap though so no issues...

but they did take me for a test ride on that without much brake fluid in both front and back... Lucky for me...the road was clear and managed to downshift and come to a stop...

Suppose that says a bit about the service levels there :lol:

i'm guessing we do - most of the body work for those big Tata & Leyland rigs are done here aren't they? :huh:

yep i was refering to that establishment at werahara. if we add a bit more engineering to those designs we'll have a surefire winner.

anyways looking at the trend of using trucks (with garden chairs in the back) as family saloons i think what we really need to do is get license and tooling for a proven chassis and mechanicals of a japanese truck. and just sell the chassis and the rest of the mechanical bits. the customers can buy the chassis go to alawwa or maharagama get one of those so called "face cuts" and stick it in the front end and seal the back with some plywood.

not just that if they want a fully built chassis how hard is it to build a cabin?

and i'm sure we can build them a damn site better than the chinese :P