• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Importing A Car To Sl

JadeyBlitzen

NO. i believe senok is the agents for VW so they'll carry out the valuation.

undervalue invoicing stunt doesn't work because of the agent valuation process.

helpful information mate! appreciate it

do you by any chance know that if its possible to bring a whole car down to sri lanka to be broken down for parts i.e. thats without any real papers so we dont pay an extravagent taxes on the car (apart from say a small one). the car in question is well over 10 years old. would that be a problem?

if it is not possible a car of any age are we still allowed to bring the car in bits apart from the bodyshell? i'm just wondering cos i've heard there's some trouble bringing down seats and stuff. anyways if its allowed what would the tax percentage be? just think of this as a conversion kit for an impreza :P

when an agent is not present they use services of a company's who carry out valuations

yup tax amount alone comes to about 350% if its over 1800cc it's arround 425% hence why the post 01/02 1.8 version of the Allion is not a common sight

Allion (A18) is below 1800CC mark AFAIK. same goes to my car as well (Corolla Luxel). displacement on the book says 1794CC. which doesn't even belong to semi luxury tax category. Primera in the other hand rated as somewhere around 1838CC which is over the mark.

1800CC cars pretty rare in the market because of the mindset of the people. smaller the engine better fuel economy.. that's what the most people think. :angry-smiley-048:

Edited by Ruslan

helpful information mate! appreciate it

do you by any chance know that if its possible to bring a whole car down to sri lanka to be broken down for parts i.e. thats without any real papers so we dont pay an extravagent taxes on the car (apart from say a small one). the car in question is well over 10 years old. would that be a problem?

if it is not possible a car of any age are we still allowed to bring the car in bits apart from the bodyshell? i'm just wondering cos i've heard there's some trouble bringing down seats and stuff. anyways if its allowed what would the tax percentage be? just think of this as a conversion kit for an impreza :P

no you are not going to get any duty concessions by saying the car is only brought down to be striped for parts.

you can't bring a whole body of a car with out a body permit but you can bring brake it down to mall components and bring it.

as far as i can remember you cant bring down used seats and tiers. actually they have the same fate as diesel vehicles you can bring them down but they are taxed so high it won't add any value for money. if you have any political connections you can get hold of a permit to bring both of these. i know of a well known rent a car company that milked such a permit few years back.

Allion (A18) is below 1800CC mark AFAIK. same goes to my car as well (Corolla Luxel). displacement on the book says 1794CC. which doesn't even belong to semi luxury tax category. Primera in the other hand rated as somewhere around 1838CC which is over the mark.

1800CC cars pretty rare in the market because of the mindset of the people. smaller the engine better fuel economy.. that's what the most people think. :angry-smiley-048:

to be honest with you from top of my mind i can't remember if its above or bellow 1800cc mark. the point i wanted to make from my earlier comment was back in the days engine capacity for petrol luxury vehicles was 2000cc and above. but thanks to the very first blue-red budget in 2003 this limit was downgraded to 1800cc hence why the prices of unregistered pajero IO's, X-trail's etc went out of roof.

no you are not going to get any duty concessions by saying the car is only brought down to be striped for parts.

you can't bring a whole body of a car with out a body permit but you can bring brake it down to mall components and bring it.

as far as i can remember you cant bring down used seats and tiers. actually they have the same fate as diesel vehicles you can bring them down but they are taxed so high it won't add any value for money. if you have any political connections you can get hold of a permit to bring both of these. i know of a well known rent a car company that milked such a permit few years back.

body permit eh? i can still bring th car in 2 parts its in 2 seperate containers if i dont have one of those i suppose ;)

afaik the seats attract about 50000 rupees of tax. and i think its a flat rate. do you know the percentage of tax charged for an engine? is it a flat charge or is it determined my the age and/or the capacity? how does it apply for axles and suspension bits?

body permit eh? i can still bring th car in 2 parts its in 2 seperate containers if i dont have one of those i suppose ;)

afaik the seats attract about 50000 rupees of tax. and i think its a flat rate. do you know the percentage of tax charged for an engine? is it a flat charge or is it determined my the age and/or the capacity? how does it apply for axles and suspension bits?

sorry i'm not too aware about the taxation for spare parts.

about bringing the body in two separate containers that was the norm used back in the days. after the whole cut-bud scene went public rules were changed and i doubt you can do it anymore. better double check before shipping the body.

sorry i'm not too aware about the taxation for spare parts.

about bringing the body in two separate containers that was the norm used back in the days. after the whole cut-bud scene went public rules were changed and i doubt you can do it anymore. better double check before shipping the body.

no worries! thanks for the info mate!