• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Triumph Spitfire @ Al G2g

rman2000

I saw a green Triumph Spitfire (5 sri) at the autolanka get together and guessing its supras car as he has a Triumph emblem in his profile,must say its a real classic!

How long have you had this motor? and where do you buy parts for Triumphs in Sri Lanka as far as I know know one stocks Triumph parts anymore ,long time back Browns were the agents

I saw a green Triumph Spitfire (5 sri) at the autolanka get together and guessing its supras car as he has a Triumph emblem in his profile,must say its a real classic!

How long have you had this motor? and where do you buy parts for Triumphs in Sri Lanka as far as I know know one stocks Triumph parts anymore ,long time back Browns were the agents

Hey mate, yeah the green spit IS mine, have had it for about 7 months, was doing it up for about 5 months altogether..... just got it on the road when the clutch went, so it's currently back off the road!

As to parts, well some mechanical stuff is relatively easy to find if one trawls a couple of scrap yards and does a few rounds of panchikawatte. There was a lot of parts interchangeability on old british cars, and parts for various austins and morisses are still freely available. Some things (like the clutch) are a little less easy to come by unfortunately, and its those that provide a real headache....

This mind you is only in Sri Lanka.... in an international context the spitfire is one of the best supported of all classics, with companies such as Rimmer Brothers Ltd carrying all the parts needed to build a car from the ground up! Their prices aren;t really too bad and the current exchange rate means they work out reasonable to buy.... Shipping however, is another matter entirely, which is why i'm currently trying out all local sources before going that route....

nice set of wheels mate,would love to see it when i come there next

yeah i know of rimmer brothers there are quite a lot of triumphs running here and have a good classic value as well,just check ebay UK when you have time and tyou will be amazed!,I also saw that the Ford Sidevalve owners club has a shop where they sell brand new parts for all the old Fords (including the pre 1945 models!!!)

any shops in colombo still stock triumph parts?? do you get dismantled Triumphs @ Panchikawatte still?

if your clutch is not fully gone you can try to re-line it as well,

I did have the maintenance manual for the herald and spitfire back home, your more than welcome to photcopy it in case you need it (hopefully its still there)

Hey mate, yeah the green spit IS mine, have had it for about 7 months, was doing it up for about 5 months altogether..... just got it on the road when the clutch went, so it's currently back off the road!

As to parts, well some mechanical stuff is relatively easy to find if one trawls a couple of scrap yards and does a few rounds of panchikawatte. There was a lot of parts interchangeability on old british cars, and parts for various austins and morisses are still freely available. Some things (like the clutch) are a little less easy to come by unfortunately, and its those that provide a real headache....

This mind you is only in Sri Lanka.... in an international context the spitfire is one of the best supported of all classics, with companies such as Rimmer Brothers Ltd carrying all the parts needed to build a car from the ground up! Their prices aren;t really too bad and the current exchange rate means they work out reasonable to buy.... Shipping however, is another matter entirely, which is why i'm currently trying out all local sources before going that route....

The book covers the Herald saloon,coupe,estate, spitfire and vitesse

I dont think there were any Triumph Vitesse models in Sri Lanka as when they were being manufactured we had the ban on car imports ;-(

yeah the time line would suggest so but i vaguely recall someone mentioning something about stumbling onto a Vitesse somewhere out of colombo sometime last year.. :mellow:

can't verify though :(