• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Air Defence System Activated

tharindu6

I thought we captured all the runways, Where are these F'ers flying from, India?

thats the only logical assumption given that there doesn't seem to be any space for them to do anything from the area they're cornered in now..

i'm not familiar with the geography , but its safe to assume there isn't even an inland water body they have complete access to , to even attempt a take off from (this is of course with a great stretch of ones imagination thinking its possible to put thier crappy little plane on pontoons or something)

which ever way - props to our forces for shooting the damn thing down!

:)

We Salute you SLAF, SLA , SLN , STF!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eah bro one is in inland revanue building :alc:

The military spokesman said that it was a bomb that fell onto the inland revenue dept. One plane was shot down in Katunayake and the other one apparently escaped. With the army having claimed to captured all landing strips of the LTTE where did they launch these planes from? Aircraft carriers?

I got a news Alert saying that the Inland Revenue thing was not an attack but SLAF shooting down a Plane. And the Wreckage had been found

Hope all these Mosquito planes are gone for good now!

The military spokesman said that it was a bomb that fell onto the inland revenue dept. One plane was shot down in Katunayake and the other one apparently escaped. With the army having claimed to captured all landing strips of the LTTE where did they launch these planes from? Aircraft carriers?

edit : i was getting ahead of myself with that set of assumptions then

Edited by Devinda_Z

Both planes have been shot down but unfortunately two ppl have died in the IRD incident to date; sources say that the planes originated from puthukudirippu, so it look like a last ditch kamikaze type deal to get some much needed international support specially from the naive diaspora community

the only logical assumption is South India!

yet another stretch of the imagination might come up with something like this ~ i don't know if they're small enough , but a big enough frieghter sitting out in international waters might just substitute as an aircraft carrier? :unsure:

:huh:

what the f*ck is the indian air force doing if its letting planes take off from their country unauthorised provided this is true? so much for having the worlds 4th biggest millitary.

sorry i'm not very fond of the indian government, especially since they didnt let us buy a 3d radar system

however the word here is this carried out by the "small time" ltte cardres in the south. its not that hard to carry the wings and the fuselage on a lorry assemble them and send them off a big open area a few hundred yards long. i'm starting to suspect this was a probably a suicide/no return mission. the carrier theory sounds too scary to be true :o

the problem is we'll never really get to the know the full story behind this, as the military will keep us in the dark. i dont blame them though.

what the f*ck is the indian air force doing if its letting planes take off from their country unauthorised provided this is true? so much for having the worlds 4th biggest millitary.

Tamilnadu 66,396,000 votes my friend, atlest the party who support LTTE get 40% of those votes

Tamilnadu 66,396,000 votes my friend, atlest the party who support LTTE get 40% of those votes

thats more than the entire population of sri lanka. we are properly outnumbered there. what really annoys me is with such high numbers over there. why cant they ask for piece of india? they cant cos the military would cream their bottoms if they do. which is exactly what didnt happen in sl. i hope our militaty learns something from this conflict and take measures to protect the nation in the future i.e. patrol the seas, eliminating likely threats etc etc

Strange thing is there is no mention about the pilot of the air craft that crashed at IRD. Was he captured alive? Or bailed out and escaped?

Heard in the news that his/her pieces were found scattered around with the wreckage while having my breakfast <_<

Heard in the news that his/her pieces were found scattered around with the wreckage while having my breakfast <_<

Maybe he's trying to spread his seeds around. The approach need some more work though. :)

CNN just reported this incident. Very glad that no innocent life was lost.

• 2 weeks later...

I know there are few military enthusiasts in this forum so I was wondering if any of you boys will be kind enough to shed some light on couple of grey areas I came across recently (yes I am that jobless today)

First, according to the bellow article SLA has recovered two aerial bombs weighing 2100 kilos. But if I remember right aircrafts used by the LTTE can only carry only a payload up to about 500kg. If that is the case then how on earth were they planning to deploy these bombs or are the military as usual over exaggerating things?

http://www.lankaenews.com/English/news.php?id=7234

second, within days after the LTTE kamikaze attack and within minutes after both the government and army spokesman reiterated that the LTTE air power is ‘completely’ destroyed army commander in an interview said there is a possibility of tigers carrying out an air attack on Indian soil. So does that mean tigers have more aircrafts? Or is the government trying to fool the public as they’ve been doing successfully for the past few years or so? Or is this a desperate attempt to get India’s support for the war?

http://www.dailymirror.lk/DM_BLOG/Sections...spx?ARTID=41515

unfortunately there were two fatalities according to the news

one male & one female

both had been critical & had died after being admitted to General Hospital

Both of whom unfortunately discovered the meaning of "Friendly Fire" in the worst way possible.... :(

First, according to the bellow article SLA has recovered two aerial bombs weighing 2100 kilos. But if I remember right aircrafts used by the LTTE can only carry only a payload up to about 500kg. If that is the case then how on earth were they planning to deploy these bombs or are the military as usual over exaggerating things?

LTTE was developing and upgrading their "Air Force", probably they had plans to upgrade the zlins as it can carry a bomb weigh 2tons. However at the same time troops have discovered some 'Missiles' and claimed LTTE had (have?) their own art of missile technology. They probably had plans to launch these as missiles? :unsure:

second, within days after the LTTE kamikaze attack and within minutes after both the government and army spokesman reiterated that the LTTE air power is ‘completely’ destroyed army commander in an interview said there is a possibility of tigers carrying out an air attack on Indian soil. So does that mean tigers have more aircrafts? Or is the government trying to fool the public as they’ve been doing successfully for the past few years or so? Or is this a desperate attempt to get India’s support for the war?

it was revealed by Indian government itself that LTTE has about 5 light weight air crafts. SLAF/SLA successfully destroyed 3 of them or at least 2 of them with proof. Although we have virtually minimized the threat (by eliminating most of air strips and destroying frequently used slins) I don't think it has been completely destroyed. However one thing we have to keep in mind is these light weight crafts need not to have sophisticated runway in order to airborne. some 600 to 800 meters of gravel road is suffice. What I don't know is how to they manage to airborne on a rough surface carrying a massive payload of explosives ;) only for Kamikaze type of missions I guess.

Edited by harshansenadhir

I know there are few military enthusiasts in this forum so I was wondering if any of you boys will be kind enough to shed some light on couple of grey areas I came across recently (yes I am that jobless today)

http://www.lankaenews.com/English/news.php?id=7234

http://www.dailymirror.lk/DM_BLOG/Sections...spx?ARTID=41515

well mate.... the bombs are physically there... there's no need to "exaggerate" anything...

with my limited knowledge on the topic...those two bombs looks more like massive mortar shells...the fin arrangement can't be enough to stabilize that sorta massive bomb... Only ltte would know their true intentions..

true that zlins can't carry any of this but for sure they had plans for this or else why would they spend time, money and effort to produce something like this... especially when one takes approx 200kg's of high explosives that can be put for better use..

and for making statements... that's the usual political talk mate. every country does that in their own way. but as far as i heard...ltte have more planes and also possibly two helicopters...

forget fooling the public,,,, there are real military gains on the ground... true that they have some with a huge price but that's far better than dragging this war on for so many more years with a terror outfit that will not settle for anything less that their mythical eelam...

and btw.... except for tamilnadu...there's enough support for the war against ltte... the military support we get from india too is enough support for that don't you think... The only reason india is putting up a bit of pressure on sl right now is that it's election time in TN... all politics mate...

my personal opinion is that.....it's good that' were finishing off ltte for good since nobody is willing to give em what they want. And if anybody expected this to come without a heavy price... they are just fooling themselves...

Both of whom unfortunately discovered the meaning of "Friendly Fire" in the worst way possible.... :(

yeah that is really sad...i hope the government compensated heavily for their families for the loss...

but i learned my lesson...last week when the guns were goin off from the oil refinary i went out in the open to watch :action-smiley-060: never again!

yeah that is really sad...i hope the government compensated heavily for their families for the loss...

but i learned my lesson...last week when the guns were goin off from the oil refinary i went out in the open to watch :action-smiley-060: never again!

did the same when they bombed Kelanitissa and had to run for cover when two shells or bullets came crashing down on my neighbors roof...

folks say that it was most probably stuff fired from the harbor :blink:

you went and watched? when this incident took place I immediately sent the little fella to a room which has concrete slab .. coz

I remember the damages caused to civilians in the last AAF. Some ppl were hit while they were securely inside the houses.. 5.0 bullets penetrated through roofs ..

Why government not giving enough disaster recovery initiatives in this country.? ppl die on watching Tsunami's, Earth slips, friendly fires, bomb blasts.. being brave or being stupid ;)