• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Hatchback 1992

Pethum85

Hi all!

This is my first post for autolanka. I am planning to buy my first car and im very limited with my budget as in around 8 laks maximum.. I am looking for a hatch back model and i got to know about this mazda hatch back 1992. Its number is 18- and black in color and it has the 1300 cc carb engine, manual and it is full option. Owner is asking for 6 for it.

My question is whether it is worth to buy this car for 6? and further more how is the reliability of this car and any known issues with this model?

My other option is a mirage hatch back and there is one for 850 . 301- yom is 1998 and this is a basic car with 1500 cc SOHC and manual. Body condition is not that good since it has proof of accidents...

I am wondering which one to go for. I need a reliable car since i am not that financially stable. :(. I would appreciate any comments from you ppl and please help me out to decide which one to go for.. thanks

Hi all!

This is my first post for autolanka. I am planning to buy my first car and im very limited with my budget as in around 8 laks maximum.. I am looking for a hatch back model and i got to know about this mazda hatch back 1992. Its number is 18- and black in color and it has the 1300 cc carb engine, manual and it is full option. Owner is asking for 6 for it.

My question is whether it is worth to buy this car for 6? and further more how is the reliability of this car and any known issues with this model?

My other option is a mirage hatch back and there is one for 850 . 301- yom is 1998 and this is a basic car with 1500 cc SOHC and manual. Body condition is not that good since it has proof of accidents...

I am wondering which one to go for. I need a reliable car since i am not that financially stable. :(. I would appreciate any comments from you ppl and please help me out to decide which one to go for.. thanks

well need some more information to actually give u a good answer.. as a mazda owner i will tell u to go for the mazda, and in ur conditaion even if there is work to be done, u still ahve 2 laks in hand to do it.. with the mirage u have exausted all ur money.. thats what i can suggest right at the outset.. without knowing the model properely..

Hi charitha!!

Mate its the 1992 model Mazda hatch back (2 DOOR) known as the BG3S. It has the 1300cc carbeurator engine. Manual transmission and full option including a sunroof. number is 18-. This is all i know!! :(.

By the way mate im thinking of converting this to a interplay model as in swapping a 1500 DOHC. Is it possible?

well it should be quite possible.. although not as straight forward since ur car is carb and the interplay will surely have to be EFI.. i have an astina 1500 DOHC EFI.. having it for six years now.. not bad for a 19 year old car... try to down play it a little more coz i am sure u will find ur self with some work to do once u drive it around a bit.. especially on the suspension, clutch area.. check for cooling problems both radiatoer and AC, those are the first to go.. then go for the locking system, and then check for the lighting, wipers, i am sure u can find somethign faluty which u can bargain and get it for even cheaper...

Hi

Welcome to the site and good luck on your new purchase.

Been a Mazda Fanatic can tell you that the car is a good car and parts, expertise are plenty – You should do well on fuel as it’s a 1.3 , Hatch and a manual. Putting the interplay engine - well u might as well go for a car with a Interplay engine as u can save time & money and hassle of the change over.

The Mirage sounds to be a better deal but the accidents are questionable – To what extent has it been abused is a serious question.

As Charitha said – best u reserve 100K at lease for repairs, insurance and stuff like that

Best advise is – don’t be in a hurry to buys – there will always be a better deal out there and they tend to come up after you have done the purchase ;) (Always happens to me <_< )

Good luck once again

Hi all!

I would suggest an Mazda Astina - saw two on Al - all asking the same as your budget. 1500 cc , built in !

Better than swapping engines imho.

Much better (obviously) than the Mirage. DOHC vs SOHC. and rev happy too.

I think we had a similar thread sometime back in AL....Can u guys remember? i think and engine swap is useless for a car like that.and not worth the hassel you have to go through.its better to buy a good car with the money you have. AFAIK mazda hatch will go around 5 - 5 1/2 laks. 6 is toomuch.

Hi all!

Thank you very much for the replies!!! So i agree i'd better wait for 1500 DOHC Mazda INTERPLAY hatch. Hopefully it'l be within my budget....

You will need to keep a good alert coz 2 door interplay hatch's are not that common & won't come-up for sale frequently. As a vehicle it's awesome to drive, no regrets! The DOHC 1500 does better than you'd expect. Decent on fuel & part availbility is good as well.

Hi all!

Thank you very much for the advice. I really appreciate it. Yes i will be on the look out for a hatch and hoping to go for a one pretty soon. Please let me know if u'l find any hot deals. Thank you.

Hmmm how did this pass me eyes :ninja:

There is an Interplay hatch but sorry dude not for sale :P

Yah its a awsome car, cant get rid of it, tooo emotionaly attached. As I can recall we did have a thread similar to this...

Anyways

Its does arround 11-12 if u keep da rpm below 3000 and does arround 6-8 when da rpm is above 4000. Only issue on bg is that AC compressor lil tight and will sound a "tik tik" noise when its about to die (civics too has this problems), so when da ac is on forget abt performance. 2nd hand compressor is arround 4K.

Engine conversion is possible and its not a very big issue. B5 engine, gearbox, ecu will cost u less than 1K :) . U'll need to buy cluster gauge (with rpm if not u can have aftermarket one) or better to buy the whole dash board and Interplay front and rear bumpers and most probably the seats.

Regarding price keep in mind that laba baduwe hilak atha. Do not rush in to buying, always do a tharough inspection specialy when the pricing is tooo good to be true. All arround its reliable, performs well and parts are freely available. Last but not least we have our reputed agents to look after us. :angry-smiley-048:

but its a sweet ride coupled with some wide tires.. better at corners IMO.

Hmmmm reminds me of da last event ;)

Hmmm how did this pass me eyes :ninja:

There is an Interplay hatch but sorry dude not for sale :P

Yah its a awsome car, cant get rid of it, tooo emotionaly attached. As I can recall we did have a thread similar to this...

Anyways

Its does arround 11-12 if u keep da rpm below 3000 and does arround 6-8 when da rpm is above 4000. Only issue on bg is that AC compressor lil tight and will sound a "tik tik" noise when its about to die (civics too has this problems), so when da ac is on forget abt performance. 2nd hand compressor is arround 4K.

Engine conversion is possible and its not a very big issue. B5 engine, gearbox, ecu will cost u less than 1K :) . U'll need to buy cluster gauge (with rpm if not u can have aftermarket one) or better to buy the whole dash board and Interplay front and rear bumpers and most probably the seats.

Regarding price keep in mind that laba baduwe hilak atha. Do not rush in to buying, always do a tharough inspection specialy when the pricing is tooo good to be true. All arround its reliable, performs well and parts are freely available. Last but not least we have our reputed agents to look after us. :angry-smiley-048:

Hmmmm reminds me of da last event ;)

that was not the car my firend.. that was the driver... plus the bearing was gone on that tire.. when i put it to the garage..

• 3 years later...

well it should be quite possible.. although not as straight forward since ur car is carb and the interplay will surely have to be EFI.. i have an astina 1500 DOHC EFI.. having it for six years now.. not bad for a 19 year old car... try to down play it a little more coz i am sure u will find ur self with some work to do once u drive it around a bit.. especially on the suspension, clutch area.. check for cooling problems both radiatoer and AC, those are the first to go.. then go for the locking system, and then check for the lighting, wipers, i am sure u can find somethign faluty which u can bargain and get it for even cheaper...

hi chartiha,need you help for find power steering rack for mazda bg5s interplay....hope you will reply