• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Seatbelt Law

Le Sabre

Does anyone know when the seatbelt law will be implemented.

Or is the Government waiting for the expressways to be built to implement the law.

don't know about the seat belt law but the rumor has it that a 'toilet tax' will be introduced very soon. most probably after the western PC polls

I find myself having put it on just moving the car out the garage to wash it.....

Same here and it is really a good habit machan. I see some people look at us on a funny way when we drive with the belts on in sl. I feel sorry for them as they don't realise what really a belt does.

Edited by Bharath

What is that? more details please?

details are not too clear as the government keep on denying it even though the relevant ministry/department has already come up with a parliamentary bill. all it need now is the cabinet approval. which i doubt will get rejected. it was on sirasa TV news last week.

did any of you boys watch bulldogs (gunawardana) press conference on LPG reduction? he said price of LPG has increased in the world market so that will be included in the next price revision. LPG reduction looks like an election stunt and our fools will buy it. just like they think winning the war going to solve all the problems.

country's foreign reserves are at an all time low. it can only support 1.5 months worth of imports. from that we have to pay USD 800 mil for a cocked up hedging deal (which everyone has forgotten). Fitch Ratings has lowered our foreign credit outlook from stable to negative. unfortunately these things don't get any publicity what so ever and there's no one to light any firecrackers either.

like we say in sinhala this country has truly gone to the dogs.

before seat belt law etc, i tink its better to make sure tuk tuk drivers have propere seat and somekind of protection when they crash the driver wont thrown out of the tuk tuk, cus i have seen so many tuk tuk acctidents, in all of them the driver was on the road or under the tuk tuk

Try convincing that to a woman.... :action-smiley-060:

Have her read this article and many more out on the net.

http://www.car-accidents.com/pages/seat_belts.html

http://www.illinoistollway.com/portal/page...;_schema=PORTAL

On a personal note, I walked away with very minor injuries from a head on into a tree doing ~50 MPH. The biggest injury I had was the belt mark across my torso. Had it wasn't for the belt, I'd be missing more than my teeth :)

Edited by Mani

Try convincing that to a woman.... :action-smiley-060:

my sister always sits behind me and she's the only one in the family who's deadbeat against seatbelts

i always tell her to wear her seatbelt cos if we crash she'd come charging onto me probably hurting both of us badly. and i tell her that'd really piss me off :P

works all the time.