• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Yamaha Fz16 Nw In Sl

john cooper

not much of a bike person but saw it this months motormag and thought it looked quite nice!

this and possibly the Karizma are decent designs me thinks :)

I think this looks better than Karizma as it has got the center suspension. But I don't like the tail pipe of this one. Looks more fatty and ugly for me.

looks like we've made a mistake chaps :(

the bike available in Sri Lanka brought down by A*W is the FZ 16 not FZ6

i digging up the specs only to find out the FZ6 is a 600cc motor , so knew it was impossible to have it on sale here

reffered back to the motormag write up and noticed that the model is actually FZ16

thats just an Air cooled 153cc motor! :(

here's the spec sheet

VEHICLE SUMMARY

Name: FZ16

Type: Naked

Top Speed: 132kph

Fuel Consumption:

City 36.00

Fuel Consumption:

Highway 47.00

ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS

Displacement: 153cc

Engine: Air-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC

Maximum Power: 14bhp@7500rpm

Maximum Torque: 13.6Nm@6000rpm

Gears: 5 Manual

Clutch: Constant Wet Multi Plate

Bore: 58

Stroke: 57.9

No. of Cylinders: 1

Valve Per Cylinder: 4

Chassis Type: Diamond

Cooling Type: Air Cooling

DIMENSIONS

Length: 1975.00 mm

Width: 770.00 mm

Height: 1045.00 mm

OTHER SPECIFICATIONS

Weight: 126.00 kg

Ground Clearance: 160.00 mm

Fuel Tank: 12.00 ltrs

Wheelbase: 1335.00 mm

Headlamp: 12V35W / 35W+35W

Wheel Type: 5 Spoke Alloys

Wheel Size: 100/60 - 140/60 mm

Tubeless:

Colors: Lava Red, Midnight Black and Flaming Orange

ACTIVE AND PASSIVE SAFETY

Suspension(Front): Telescopic

Suspension(Rear): Monocross

Brakes: 267mm Hydraulic Disc

Brakes(Rear): Drum

Stand Alarm:

COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE

Fuel Guage: Digital

Self Start: Yes

Tacho Meter: Digital

Trip Meter: Digital-1

Alloys: Yes

Speedometer: Digital

Passenger Footrest: Yes

Passenger Backrest: No

Step-up Seat: No

Pass-light: Yes

Low Fuel Indicator:Yes

Low Oil Indicator: Yes

Low Battery Indicator: Yes

High Oil Temp. Indicator: No

Choked Air Filter Indicator: No

Source : http://autos.maxabout.com/twid0000207/yamaha-fz-150.aspx

Can't be the same bike. This has a windshield and rear disks. Not to mention the tailpipe is under the seat.

The picture which Devinda posted is a FZ6 Fazer S2 and 600cc.

Can't be the same bike. This has a windshield and rear disks. Not to mention the tailpipe is under the seat.

precisely what i'm saying

The thread is titled wrong!

its says FZ6 but in fact that bike which was released in Sri Lanka is the FZ16 , which is also the bike featured in the link which John Cooper has posted - so he might simply have accidentally dropped the "1" when typing in the title

but on another note, a liquid cooled 600cc Yamaya does in fact exist , which isn't on sale here though

Edited by Devinda_Z

but on another note, a liquid cooled 600cc Yamaya does in fact exist , which isn't on sale here though

whats so surprising about that?...the R6 engine has been around for awhile,infact yamaha has made only slight differances to it over the last decade,the only thing they did was replace the valves with titanium one's for the newer models. :)

oh well...beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder cos i don't like this bike! :P

the pipe looks like it's off a scooty pep and the headlight design couple with the meter cluster looks weird... not in a good "weird" way...

also the handle bar position looks a little too upright for my liking...but hell that's just me :)

But the biggest gripe i have against these bikes are that they are not very reliable... not as "bulletproof" as good ol jappies...

My ex bike garage guy is a happy camper thanks to these indian bikes cos they seem to be needing quite a bit of attention even in their early years of life in SL...

Once i was doing a carb job on my older honda mtx while a newer pulsar was getting a new crank :angry-smiley-048:

so if you only want something for looks and to last a few years...i suppose these things are ok...

well at least IMO :)

KumuduG

why WC mate?

admittedly i have very little experience with road warriors cos me like offroadies better... And in those things AC is far better than messy WC...

Had a WC mtx200r when i was in college...and when i got the AC XR250....hated the bloody messy WC....

Lesser things to break and attend to especially if you ride in tricky terrain...

whats so surprising about that?...the R6 engine has been around for awhile,infact yamaha has made only slight differances to it over the last decade,the only thing they did was replace the valves with titanium one's for the newer models. :)

i was trying to stress the point that such large capacity bikes are unavailable for purchase brand new legally here in SL thats all..

oh well...beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder cos i don't like this bike! :P

the pipe looks like it's off a scooty pep and the headlight design couple with the meter cluster looks weird... not in a good "weird" way...

also the handle bar position looks a little too upright for my liking...but hell that's just me :)

But the biggest gripe i have against these bikes are that they are not very reliable... not as "bulletproof" as good ol jappies...

My ex bike garage guy is a happy camper thanks to these indian bikes cos they seem to be needing quite a bit of attention even in their early years of life in SL...

Once i was doing a carb job on my older honda mtx while a newer pulsar was getting a new crank :angry-smiley-048:

so if you only want something for looks and to last a few years...i suppose these things are ok...

well at least IMO :)

KumuduG

why WC mate?

admittedly i have very little experience with road warriors cos me like offroadies better... And in those things AC is far better than messy WC...

Had a WC mtx200r when i was in college...and when i got the AC XR250....hated the bloody messy WC....

Lesser things to break and attend to especially if you ride in tricky terrain...

Well riper I really like water cooled engines. Gives more power for the same displacement and also its more like a personal thing.

I'm kinda in love with my bikes engine. :rolleyes:

Well you are right there are more parts in a water cooled bike and also there is the added maintenance cost due to that.

Also when it comes to cool bikes. As we all know we are not sooo lucky when it comes to bikes cause of the 250cc limit.

But in beginning of 2007 yamaha anounced the YZF R125. A really cool bike. I checked it out in Sweden. Rally cool bike

Too bad my host didn't wanted me to test ride it due to the added risk <_<

yzf-R125.jpg

Anyways I was really happy when I heard that india is gonna produce the same thing. And was looking forward for it to come to SL.

But I was not that lucky. The indians released a different model R15. Not nearly as cool as the R125. Anyways its a huge step forward. Lets hope for the best

yamaha-yzf-r15-photo.JPG

A little overdue but thought I'd edit the topic to avoid confusion.

Well riper I really like water cooled engines. Gives more power for the same displacement and also its more like a personal thing.

I'm kinda in love with my bikes engine. :rolleyes:

Well you are right there are more parts in a water cooled bike and also there is the added maintenance cost due to that.

Also when it comes to cool bikes. As we all know we are not sooo lucky when it comes to bikes cause of the 250cc limit.

But in beginning of 2007 yamaha anounced the YZF R125. A really cool bike. I checked it out in Sweden. Rally cool bike

Too bad my host didn't wanted me to test ride it due to the added risk <_<

yzf-R125.jpg

Anyways I was really happy when I heard that india is gonna produce the same thing. And was looking forward for it to come to SL.

But I was not that lucky. The indians released a different model R15. Not nearly as cool as the R125. Anyways its a huge step forward. Lets hope for the best

yamaha-yzf-r15-photo.JPG

Oh you mean this?

http://autolanka.fotopic.net/p52831184.html

• 3 months later...
Quite a few "Hardly used" ones in the paper classifieds and also some on the A/L Adverts ....

How come lots of folks who buy this bike seem to be wanting to get rid of it after a couple months or so ?

The funny thing was one of these came into the grounds for IG night with some other bikes at around 7.30ish. I think the fella thinks its a super bike. I was at the gate at that time and I was like :lol:

Quite a few "Hardly used" ones in the paper classifieds and also some on the A/L Adverts ....

How come lots of folks who buy this bike seem to be wanting to get rid of it after a couple months or so ?

I also noticed it. I was also wondering why. :wacko2: