• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Manual To Automatic Conversion

Sparky

I'm looking to convert a Mazda Astina 1989 1.5l DOHC from Manual to Automatic.

I need to know the best place to get it done. Also approximate cost.

I'm sorry but I have to ask ............ why would you want to do it ?????????? Its such a shame ...........

Anyways what you will require would be the automatic gear box for the same engine (price varys) the gearbox ECU, and the interior bits, but I have to say the interior bits might be a little difficult to find in SL (cos you would need to find a half cut auto and I do not remember if the Astina ever came in auto guise to SL)

I'm looking to convert a Mazda Astina 1989 1.5l DOHC from Manual to Automatic.

I need to know the best place to get it done. Also approximate cost.

doubt anybody here has EVER even considered doing that to an Astina!! :o

I guess if you really wanna go ahead with it, Mazna motors in pepiliyana might be able to give you an idea.

AFAIK there weren't any Auto Astinas in SL, although there were a few interplays. Btw the astina manual is not exactly the most economical car in its class as it is, an auto conversion isnt exactly going to help with that mate!!

Might be better to just get rid of it and find something that came with an original auto

I have had a stroke.

I'm considering converting as opposed to selling it and going for something else.

My goodness!! Our sympathies mate! Wish you a speedy recovery....

IMO though, this might be a project that will give a lot of headache.... the selling option might work out easier.

While wishing you a speedy recovery, I'm afraid I'd have to say I'm with others; sell and go for an original auto.

Even if you managed to get the mechanical + electronic bits done it would be a major hazzle finding the interior bits like the meter panel, etc. If you intend to overlook the interior and have it as it is, it would bring down the re-sell value drastically. With your condition you will need to rest rather than running around trying to find parts (no garage guy will opt to find the parts for a decent price due to the hazzle, even if they agree they'll ask for some hefty sum of money). I'm afraid Supra and Don were right!

Edited by isam

• 2 weeks later...
doubt anybody here has EVER even considered doing that to an Astina!! :o

I guess if you really wanna go ahead with it, Mazna motors in pepiliyana might be able to give you an idea.

AFAIK there weren't any Auto Astinas in SL, although there were a few interplays. Btw the astina manual is not exactly the most economical car in its class as it is, an auto conversion isnt exactly going to help with that mate!!

Might be better to just get rid of it and find something that came with an original auto

I got a 1991 astina and its auto :D

well i only just saw this.... i am with the others here.. do not swap it to auto... i think kavinga knows the pain of having an auto astina... think he is considering swaping to manual..

hey mate thanks to you car is in a good shape now.

dude seriously dont try to convert it. fuel efficient is very low.

If you can sell it and go for a auto cynos.

By swap I think he means swap his manual Astina with your Auto astina

Sparky: sorry to hear about you experiencing a stroke :( hope you get well soon

hey mate thanks to you car is in a good shape now.

no prbs.. when u have some money, do the rest bit by bit.. if u do it right and with good parts the car will last.. i am on my seventh year with it.. try to always replace with original parts when ever u can.. sorry for going OT guys...

• 1 month later...