• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Top Gear Live Hong Kong

GTAm

As mentioned before, I was lucky enough to get a surprise gift from my gf when I went to see her in HK a few weeks back. She took me for Top Gear Live!!! There was a "motor show" (said to be Hong Kong's 1st ever :o) that was coupled with TG Live.

Here I've posted some pics (in poor quality as it seems that she's dropped her camera and damaged it :( ).

The motor show was small but great. It was dominated by Super cars. The hottest being the Pagani Zonda R. One of the highlights of the show was seeing Horacio Pagani walking around there. He even smiled with me, and I was itching to go say hi. But there were many "billionaire-looking" guys around him with glass flutes of Dom in their hands. I felt a bit naked.... :D

The other highlight was seeing a 66 Ferrari 275 spider up close. Felt like hugging it. Oh and the Maser GT is a truly hot looking car....

TG Live consisted of a lot of drifting on the small "stage" Lambos, Astons, Masers, Porsches, Clios and the lot, they all drifted around making it look easy but most of us were on pins expecting a crash.

The worst (best) was the TG stunt driving team in their four Renault Clios. Unbelievable! They kept cris-crossing each other, forward, reverse, donuts, sideways etc at crazy speeds and kept us on the edge of our seats.

Apart from all this though it was a stand up live comedy with JC. :lol: Some of the HK folk did not get the jokes though! :lol: Luckily it was full of ex-pats....... Or else there might have been very little laughter.

cimg11131.jpg

cimg1115.jpg

cimg1117.jpg

cimg1126.jpg

cimg1129.jpg

is that a Cinquecento i see in the reflection on the boot of the 159 (nice looking thing that as well!)? :)

hmmm....but the Brera... sigh - i still want! :D

Well spotted. They've just launched the 500 in HK and the dealer has got loads of orders. Had a chat with them. Was hoping I could see the Mito in the metal but it's being into'd only next month.

Looking at the number of Minis on their roads I'd say both the 500 and the Mito are going to be big hits in that market.

MOST HK folk are not into cars. I met a two young locals and cars aren't even on their radar! Alarming. They thought Top Gear was a pop band and thought we were going to a concert :lol:

It seems HK folk think that cars are too expensive. So I just inquired about the price of a brand new 159. USD55,000/-. How damn attractive is that? Here it'll be RS. 20m! :(