• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Conversion To Vvti

Bugatti

Was no easy task, but wanted to try something a bit different. Also, thinking of offering it as a (chargeable) service to others, who want to upgrade their engines. :D

What if I run on standard pressure..? No issue then, right..? :unsure:

If your running standard pressure- why have it at all? I speak from experience Dude.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your running standard pressure- why have it at all? I speak from experience Dude.

Currently I'm running 10PSI more than standard pressure. But as you say, if it's gonna mess up the injectors, what would you consider as a safe zone... What is the maximum, beyond the standard?

I can help you out with that machan - I've got a digital speedo with a speed limiter remover!

Its a brand new Pivot unit i bought for the Z which i never got around to installing - its still in the box

funky little gadget cuz its supposed to show you peak speak each sun as well as quarter mile times etc. :)

i've had it tucked away for sometime, so if your interested make me a sensible offer (does NOT necessarily be have to too close to the figure stated in the ad - thats the price i paid for it - still have the bill somewhere) and its yours

Yo Devs,

If Bugs doesent take it ....can I have second dibs on it?

cheers

PS : What the *** is that you've written on line 3 ?

Currently I'm running 10PSI more than standard pressure. But as you say, if it's gonna mess up the injectors, what would you consider as a safe zone... What is the maximum, beyond the standard?

No idea. But picture this: you got stock injectors with stock ECU giving commands based on stock A/F maps. Now put in a little device that tries to override this by forcing the injectors to do something that the ECU does not want them to do.. thats where the problem is. So unless you reprogram the ecu to accomodate the FPR- it really is useless. Then again if you do repogram the ECU- you can give the engine the more fuel- same result without the FPR :)

No idea. But picture this: you got stock injectors with stock ECU giving commands based on stock A/F maps. Now put in a little device that tries to override this by forcing the injectors to do something that the ECU does not want them to do.. thats where the problem is. So unless you reprogram the ecu to accomodate the FPR- it really is useless. Then again if you do repogram the ECU- you can give the engine the more fuel- same result without the FPR :)

Hmm... you have a point. What you say is theoretically correct. But practically it works as it is. If I reduce the pressure to 20 PSI (stock pressure), on down shifting + throttling it is not that great. Doing the same at 30-40 PSI, you can feel a difference.

Observation: Moment I increase pressure to +40PSI, check engine light flashes and on plugging in the scanner it shows "Fuel too rich" error code.

Conclusion: I guess 40PSI in the maximum for stock settings. As you say, to go higher, the ECU needs to be re-programmed.

Hmm... you have a point. What you say is theoretically correct. But practically it works as it is. If I reduce the pressure to 20 PSI (stock pressure), on down shifting + throttling it is not that great. Doing the same at 30-40 PSI, you can feel a difference.

Observation: Moment I increase pressure to +40PSI, check engine light flashes and on plugging in the scanner it shows "Fuel too rich" error code.

Conclusion: I guess 40PSI in the maximum for stock settings. As you say, to go higher, the ECU needs to be re-programmed.

upto you dude. run without it and see

• 1 month later...

Guys,

Is BJ5Ws comes with VVTI engine?

Bugatti

Do you still have this one with you? At the end of the day are you happy about the decition to convert it in to VVTI? What is the manu year and the reg no of the car did you do the conversion? (Please share the info only if you are OK with it)

Guys,

Is BJ5Ws comes with VVTI engine?

Bugatti

Do you still have this one with you? At the end of the day are you happy about the decition to convert it in to VVTI? What is the manu year and the reg no of the car did you do the conversion? (Please share the info only if you are OK with it)

Yes the BJ5W come with a VVTi (SVT - 'Sequential Valve Timing' in Mazda terms) engine (ZL-VE), but quite rare. You get both the manual and triptronic transmission. You can do a Wiki search on Mazda ZLVE engines. It is said to produce 130HP.

Mine was 2001... very happy with the performance, after the conversion.

Yes the BJ5W come with a VVTi (SVT - 'Sequential Valve Timing' in Mazda terms) engine (ZL-VE), but quite rare. You get both the manual and triptronic transmission. You can do a Wiki search on Mazda ZLVE engines. It is said to produce 130HP.

Mine was 2001... very happy with the performance, after the conversion.

Thanks Bugatti...

I got a deal for 1.45M. It's a YOM 2000, VVTI one with manual gears. What do you think about the deal? Can you let me know the fuel consumption of the vehicle..

Thanks again...

Thanks Bugatti...

I got a deal for 1.45M. It's a YOM 2000, VVTI one with manual gears. What do you think about the deal? Can you let me know the fuel consumption of the vehicle..

Thanks again...

1.45 is a good deal I would say... is it the sedan?

I didn't do the conversion for economical returns.. :rolleyes: but to harvest that extra power hidden inside. Properly driven, you should get 10 km/l...

You could join the MFOC now..! (Mazda Ford Owners Club)

1.45 is a good deal I would say... is it the sedan?

I didn't do the conversion for economical returns.. :rolleyes: but to harvest that extra power hidden inside. Properly driven, you should get 10 km/l...

You could join the MFOC now..! (Mazda Ford Owners Club)

It is a sports wagon. HQ series. 130 on the clock. 14.5 is bit high for me. What do you think about his offer?

Its in Dehiwala. My bad. I made a bad choice by not giving advance to that guy. He closes out the deal for someone for 1.4 M. :(

Anyway.. Thanks a lot Bugatti....

I know exactly how that feels. When you really want a vehicle and a slight hesitation leads to losing the deal. We missed one like that sometime back but even up to date me and my dad talks about it. But Upesh not to worry man, everything happens for a reason. :)

I know exactly how that feels. When you really want a vehicle and a slight hesitation leads to losing the deal. We missed one like that sometime back but even up to date me and my dad talks about it. But Upesh not to worry man, everything happens for a reason. :)

Thanks man. Yeah.. That's true. Everyting happens for a reason. But need some time to realize it :)

I might have missed something here. Why mine? I thought this was a Mazda thread?

Curious to know the power under your hood... :D Been in MRM's VZR and that thing is fast. Yours is said to be faster... any chance of finding out?? :unsure:

Refer my new thread.