• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My 1/18 Scale Model Collection

rangerover

Hey guys, even though i havent been posting a lot, have been a daily visitor at AL. As a hobby (more like an obsession) I collect 1/18 scale diecast models. I Mostly buy on ebay and when i travel abroad. It is a "relatively" cheap way of owning some of my dream rides.

I am also hoping to get in to collecting 1/43 scale models due to the wide range available. Would greatly appreciate if any one could let me know how to get in touch with the Miniature Model club of sri lanka (MMCSL)

Hope u guys enjoy the pics

DSC00383.jpg

DSC00384.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00389.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

DSC00421.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

• Like 2

Hey thats a great collection.Hope our own triptronic will help you the contact.Just rang him he will post something here.

MINIACE

Thanks! its my pride and joy! hoping to join the MMCSL, once i get in touch with them

wow nice collection i too have a collection of around 40 models with some landrovers n classics.

Assuming all 40 models are 1/18s, thats one huge collection. Atleast in Sri Lanka where there is a severe dearth of scale model shops. (maisto's are quite common, but not a big fan of their quality)

Nope, the base Maistos are about 2.5k-3k, if I remember right. There are much more expensive ones at YODS in ODEL, 10k-30k each.

Personally, I have only a few, and stopped collecting now. Got higher financial priorities. We've had a few threads on this kinda thing before too, search around and see, possibly you might find a contact to a model car club person

Nope, the base Maistos are about 2.5k-3k, if I remember right. There are much more expensive ones at YODS in ODEL, 10k-30k each.

Personally, I have only a few, and stopped collecting now. Got higher financial priorities. We've had a few threads on this kinda thing before too, search around and see, possibly you might find a contact to a model car club person

Well i dont really purchase maisto's unless there is absolutely no choice. The only maisto's i have are the porsche cayenne, mercedes w220 and the dodge viper (13 yrs old). They cost between 3000 - 5000 LKR depending on the shop. Thanks for the link as well

how much did u spend on the land cruiser mate? i remember it being very expensive.

also which brand is the range rover?

i got a few models as well. a few in sl and a few up here. all of them suvs. including the current land rover line up :)

should bring them together this summer.

The land cruiser costed me around 16,000LKR including EMS shipping. Its one amazing model. Weights 2Kg (im not joking). Its a dealer version as well. The range rover is done by Welly. The other alternative is the ERTL version.

Well i dont really purchase maisto's unless there is absolutely no choice. The only maisto's i have are the porsche cayenne, mercedes w220 and the dodge viper (13 yrs old). They cost between 3000 - 5000 LKR depending on the shop. Thanks for the link as well

The land cruiser costed me around 16,000LKR including EMS shipping. Its one amazing model. Weights 2Kg (im not joking). Its a dealer version as well. The range rover is done by Welly. The other alternative is the ERTL version.

you got a good deal then. the ones i was looking at last year were around 20k. my range rover is from ERTL. i bought it over the welly cos it had more realisitically sized tires.

you are right about the maistos. i got an ml55 that's badly proportioned. and even the cayenne turbo (not a turbo s) is a bit wonky compared to the real car. i'm only genuinely pleased with the maisto h1.

i got a couple of autoart pajeros (a lwb and an evo) those are real quality items. the carpets are real carpets and you can almost hear the doors go clunk when you shut them. i'm looking forward to buying a g55 from them. i'd recommend that model to you.

you got a good deal then. the ones i was looking at last year were around 20k. my range rover is from ERTL. i bought it over the welly cos it had more realisitically sized tires.

you are right about the maistos. i got an ml55 that's badly proportioned. and even the cayenne turbo (not a turbo s) is a bit wonky compared to the real car. i'm only genuinely pleased with the maisto h1.

i got a couple of autoart pajeros (a lwb and an evo) those are real quality items. the carpets are real carpets and you can almost hear the doors go clunk when you shut them. i'm looking forward to buying a g55 from them. i'd recommend that model to you.

Well the maisto h1 is not properly scaled. Apparantely it is smaller than what it should be. The same goes with the H2. You would be able to see the difference if you compare against a Exoto or a Highway61 H1.

G55 is quite a nice model. I dnt think i really like it enough to spend so much on it. Rather prefer the latest land cruiser. The LC200. Im looking for an additional UT E46 sedan. Love that model. The one i have is a dealer version, looking for the dark blue with the beige interior.

By the way i highly recommend www.diecastxchange.com if you are a model collector. Its a forum for diecast collectors. A true paradise for collectors

Well the maisto h1 is not properly scaled. Apparantely it is smaller than what it should be. The same goes with the H2. You would be able to see the difference if you compare against a Exoto or a Highway61 H1.

is it? lol im gutted.

anyways thanks for the advice mate. here's a part of my collection from last year (before the rrs arrived)

smswas.jpg

Wow, the ERTL RR looks neat! definetly on my list now! i used to store models the same way when i was in uni accommodation. :jumping-smiley-013:

lol now they are all in boxes cos its a proper task packing and unpacking them. i'll probably get an x5 a touargeg n xc90 and a few more and end it there.

btw there's this model of an sl merc you might be interested in. unlike other die cast models this actually has a fully functional folding metal roof.

also do u buy models on ebay? im just wondering if there are any problems getting them delivered to sl.

lol now they are all in boxes cos its a proper task packing and unpacking them. i'll probably get an x5 a touargeg n xc90 and a few more and end it there.

btw there's this model of an sl merc you might be interested in. unlike other die cast models this actually has a fully functional folding metal roof.

also do u buy models on ebay? im just wondering if there are any problems getting them delivered to sl.

If you are getting the X5, go for the Kyosho version. Even though its not kyosho at its best, its the best X5 out there. And with the Touargeg, avoid the bburago version. The XC90 1/18 is made only by Welly if i am not mistaken and is good value for money. (Door shutlines could have been better)

I have bought about 5 models over the last 3 months on ebay. And these include some of the more expensive ones such as the Toyota land cruiser (Toyota Corp), Mercedes S500 W221 (Autoart), BMW E46 (UT), Hotwheels Elite version Ferrari F430 and the Range rover 2003 (Welly). Always buy from a professional seller and use paypal and you should be covered

About posting to sri lanka. I always buy from british, hong kong or chinese sellers. If you buy from england always ask for Royal mail International signed for delivery, which is registered and has a tracking number (always use it when i post from england, to overseas as well). Normally all items i receive within 5 - 7 working days of the seller posting it. And customs doesnt usually stop parcels coming from england for some reason. When buying from china or hong kong i always use EMS (For expensive items) or hong kong china registered post. EMS sends it within 5 working days whilst china registered could take about 10 working days. All items i purchased from china or hong kong were stopped by customs and had to go to the post office, pay a nominal duty (so far) and collect it.

Royal mail international signed for has insurance included, so does EMS. However when receiving via china or hong kong registered post, insurance is an additional $5.

kyosho does make some quality models. their x3 is going quite cheap these days. and speaking of quality models i noticed the Q7 and the GL classe are pretty good as well. I'm waiting for their prices to come down a bit.

The hardest model to find has been the 110 station wagon (dark red no roof rack). i was bidding for this along with my 110 double cab from the same dealer. but lost out by a tiny margin. i might add the original 166 hue land rover to complete my collection. but its been a dry spell for me for about a year now. i'll probably kick start the whole thing when i'm less busy with uni. right now i'm just trying to bring my two collections together :)

kyosho does make some quality models. their x3 is going quite cheap these days. and speaking of quality models i noticed the Q7 and the GL classe are pretty good as well. I'm waiting for their prices to come down a bit.

The hardest model to find has been the 110 station wagon (dark red no roof rack). i was bidding for this along with my 110 double cab from the same dealer. but lost out by a tiny margin. i might add the original 166 hue land rover to complete my collection. but its been a dry spell for me for about a year now. i'll probably kick start the whole thing when i'm less busy with uni. right now i'm just trying to bring my two collections together :)

Well the 110 station wagon is very rare. Im in the look out for a G4 challenge version. Thought of collecting land rover's in 1/43 scale. The varieties available are unbelievable!

nice collection man!

Thanks!

Well the 110 station wagon is very rare. Im in the look out for a G4 challenge version. Thought of collecting land rover's in 1/43 scale. The varieties available are unbelievable!

Thanks!

Not the 110, but these people have a decent collection on die-cast. the range rover selection is good. I dont know about quality though. thought might be helpful as im a fan of die cast models too.

http://www.diecastmodelswholesale.com/serv...over/Categories

wow didnt know u guys were into this! lol...actually my dad has 82 models and counting (including scalextric) that he has been collecting since he was a kid..ill try and make him take some pics and send it to me...i never really saw the point in it until a british guy my dad knows offered him around 900 pounds for a limited edition Austin Healey 3000 my grandad picked up in london in 1971... :o

Thanks!

Quite a few turned up for sale on ebay within the last few months through this seller in italy. it was slightly overpriced but he had about 10 of them left. i think they are all gone now. wanna take the risk and order it from italy to see what happens?

Quite a few turned up for sale on ebay within the last few months through this seller in italy. it was slightly overpriced but he had about 10 of them left. i think they are all gone now. wanna take the risk and order it from italy to see what happens?

Would you know the seller ID by any chance? god be on the look out for any more listings

How is the quality of the Autoart Mistubishi Montero 1999 1/18? Im looking to get a maroon one

Would you know the seller ID by any chance? god be on the look out for any more listings

How is the quality of the Autoart Mistubishi Montero 1999 1/18? Im looking to get a maroon one

you should find him here.

i got the exact same model. its got a few quirky bits. like folding seats armrests. even carpets feel like the actual items u get in the car. i think there was over supply and i dont recommend u spending more than £20 on it. i bought mine for 4500 some 5 years back from a shop in maya avenue.

Does any one here knows of any place that sells 1/18s in SL?, Odel used to but now is limited to a very few models and a whole heap of siganture classics that is exorbitantly priced Is there any place like the old Planet 99, Extreme sports where i can go dumb my bank account? Arpico also doesnt have much these days, atleast the hyde park one