• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Remote Key Broken

ThilakR

Question

Hi all,

The remote key is broken in my Suzuki Aerio 2003. Is there any place to buy a same type key?

I tried many key cutting places but they have basic keys which does not have remote functionality. :(

Greatly appreciate your help. :unsure:

Many thanks

Thilak

Edited by ThilakR

16 answers to this question

Hi all,

The remote key is broken in my Suzuki Aerio 2003. Is there any place to buy a same type key?

I tried many key cutting places but they have basic keys which does not have remote functionality. :(

Greatly appreciate your help. :unsure:

Many thanks

Thilak

Guess your talking about OEM Remote key,

Try it with the Agents (A*W).. or if your lucky, you could find it in the eBay.. :rolleyes: if the remote function is not working anymore.. then you might need to reprogram it again with the agents.

Or,

you can use the basic key and use 3rd party security system (Steelmate etc,)

Guess your talking about OEM Remote key,

Try it with the Agents (A*W).. or if your lucky, you could find it in the eBay.. :rolleyes: if the remote function is not working anymore.. then you might need to reprogram it again with the agents.

Or,

you can use the basic key and use 3rd party security system (Steelmate etc,)

Hi Ruslan,

Thankx.

Only the outer cover is broken. May be due to this reason the remote function is not working. Is there any possibility to insert my circuit it to another key with samr two buttons?

Is there any place to purchase these keys which I could insert my circuit and use?

Also I need to replace the battery but not available anywhere. I tried in fort but failed.

Best

Thilak

ThilakR, according to the following website I found in the classified section, they do 'Factory Fitted Alarms, Remotes, Immobiliser Systems, Intelligent Key Systems & All Other Smart Entry Systems Repairs & Reprogramming'

h**p://www.advancedcardiagnostics.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=81&Itemid=78

(Admin, pls remove this post if this is against the rules... )

Hi Ruslan,

Thankx.

Only the outer cover is broken. May be due to this reason the remote function is not working. Is there any possibility to insert my circuit it to another key with samr two buttons?

Is there any place to purchase these keys which I could insert my circuit and use?

Also I need to replace the battery but not available anywhere. I tried in fort but failed.

Best

Thilak

if i remember correct there was advertisement on HitAd about fixing OEM Remotes.. check with it.. you might be lucky.. For covers try eBay as well..

xXx,

For my car (JDM Corolla) i already got a Remote key replaced and programmed by the Toyota Lanka. that was around 17,000/- couple of months ago.

Edited by Ruslan

if i remember correct there was advertisement on HitAd about fixing OEM Remotes.. check with it.. you might be lucky.. For covers try eBay as well..

xXx,

For my car (JDM Corolla) i already got a Remote key replaced and programmed by the Toyota Lanka. that was around 17,000/- couple of months ago.

machang, i clearly remember a poster in their service department listing the services they do not carryout on JDM's. and one of them was this.

machang, i clearly remember a poster in their service department listing the services they do not carryout on JDM's. and one of them was this.

well, i saw that poster as well.. guess it's a campaign just to discourage people to buy JDM vehicles.

Edited by Ruslan

well, i saw that poster as well.. guess it's a campaign just to discourage people to buy JDM vehicles.

I think you are absolutely correct (100%) ! I also agree with you. Since brand new cars are their sole business, they might have a bad attitude about this whole heap of JDM reconditioned toyota cars running on Sri Lankan roads which destroy their businesses. :violent-smiley-030: Yep! This could be a strategic trick. :angry-smiley-048:

I think you are absolutely correct (100%) ! I also agree with you. Since brand new cars are their sole business, they might have a bad attitude about this whole heap of JDM reconditioned toyota cars running on Sri Lankan roads which destroy their businesses. :violent-smiley-030: Yep! This could be a strategic trick. :angry-smiley-048:

not only them, even agents for the lion brand also does the same. Gone are the days they charged guess what? 100,000 LKR only to register used elsewhere and imported lions under them. Well if I'm to be fair by the agents they have to carry out additional steps in carrying out certain online repairs such as key programming, immobilizer programming. Simply agents have the access code for all vehicles brought down through agents so they can carry out key programming and certain immobilizer related repairs as a straight forward job. But when it's a JDM or used and import vehicle of the same brand they have to obtain the access code through mother company which doesn't cost them a dime but time and effort.

not only them, even agents for the lion brand also does the same. Gone are the days they charged guess what? 100,000 LKR only to register used elsewhere and imported lions under them. Well if I'm to be fair by the agents they have to carry out additional steps in carrying out certain online repairs such as key programming, immobilizer programming. Simply agents have the access code for all vehicles brought down through agents so they can carry out key programming and certain immobilizer related repairs as a straight forward job. But when it's a JDM or used and import vehicle of the same brand they have to obtain the access code through mother company which doesn't cost them a dime but time and effort.

you boys are spot on about strategies of this nature used to discourage the importation/use of recon/JDM motor vehicles.

oh yes who can forget the 100k registration fee. do they still have that rule in place? according to my memory they implemented this in early 2000 when there was a flood of 406's from UK.

you boys are spot on about strategies of this nature used to discourage the importation/use of recon/JDM motor vehicles.

oh yes who can forget the 100k registration fee. do they still have that rule in place? according to my memory they implemented this in early 2000 when there was a flood of 406's from UK.

now it has come down to some 4 figure I guess, not sure though and that's fate of the owners when the agent's intention is to earn some extra buck some how or the other without focusing on keeping the brand vehicles sail smooth on the roads. There's only one agent does a fantastic job, guess who

many of the agents seem to do that , but i'm of the view that its a rather myopic strategy

as for the flood of used Peugeots , i thought we had Imperial Motors on Hyde Park to thank for that?! :blink:

spill the beans mate i have no clue

D*mo as I heard and by looking at how well the brand is supported by them, even an old lady of 1 sri can go there and get a repair done and they have spares. Where are the ones I'm referring unable to carry out a repairs of latest cars as they don't have spares and buy mostly off from Panchikawatta and charge you the price for genuine stuff. :violent-smiley-099:

many of the agents seem to do that , but i'm of the view that its a rather myopic strategy

as for the flood of used Peugeots , i thought we had Imperial Motors on Hyde Park to thank for that?! :blink:

well yes, most of them were imported by said folks but later agent sued them for using brand name. Earlier there was a sticker on each car saying " yet another PEUGEOT imported by ******** motors" later it was "yet another USED <brand logo> imported by ****** motors"

D*mo as I heard and by looking at how well the brand is supported by them, even an old lady of 1 sri can go there and get a repair done and they have spares. Where are the ones I'm referring unable to carry out a repairs of latest cars as they don't have spares and buy mostly off from Panchikawatta and charge you the price for genuine stuff. :violent-smiley-099:

oh yes , D*MO will get you parts - but the prices i've head them quote ppl i know have been ever so ridiculously high - it confirms most of the beliefs held by the average SL consumer that Euro cars cost unbearable amounts to maintain