• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Disappointing A*W Collision Repair Service :-(

sudheeras

Yesterday, I faced with a really bad experience with A*W collision repair center at Kithulwaththa Road which I'm going to mention here as I do not want to let this happen to anybody else hereafter.

My car (an Alto) was hit by a 138 bus while I was keeping it stationery on a traffic on April 20th. The LHS break light, the buffer and the fender was damaged and the rear door had little scratches. I decided to bring my car for the repair at A*W (the agents). The insurance company (who visited the A*W upon my phone call) accepted to replace the break light and the buffer and the the foreman there at A*W said the rear door and the fender needs to be fixed & painted and get approved everything.

The foreman said they need 6-7 days to finish the work and gave me the date as 27th (yesterday). So, I visited the collision repair center yesterday and I couldn't believe what they have done to my car. The rear fender was filled with thick coat of filler and have just painted over it without even leveling it or polishing it properly. I could see a lot of scratches on the places where filler has been applied and anybody could see these scratches even few meters away. And the curve shapes of the inner side of mud guards were no longer curves, their were bumps on the curves made by the filler. And believe me, this was the final finish and in other words ready to deliver stage.

So, I talk to the foreman and complained about the situation and asked him to get this fixed and do you know what this guy said ? He said that, then they will need two more days to finish this ! And the other factor I was disappointed again was, this guy hasn't painted my rear door but has charged in the bill as recommended by the insurgence company. So, when I queried the foreman he said he forgot about it and will paint it too.

So, today, I'm going to visit this SHITTING place again to see what they have done by today....

I don't know whether there are anybody here in this forum with the same bad experiences what I've experienced.

I really appreciate if you could recommend me any good places to get done paint jobs and collision repairs around Maharagama, Nugegoda, Nawala etc.

Yesterday, I faced with a really bad experience with A*W collision repair center at Kithulwaththa Road which I'm going to mention here as I do not want to let this happen to anybody else hereafter.

My car (an Alto) was hit by a 138 bus while I was keeping it stationery on a traffic on April 20th. The LHS break light, the buffer and the fender was damaged and the rear door had little scratches. I decided to bring my car for the repair at A*W (the agents). The insurance company (who visited the A*W upon my phone call) accepted to replace the break light and the buffer and the the foreman there at A*W said the rear door and the fender needs to be fixed & painted and get approved everything.

The foreman said they need 6-7 days to finish the work and gave me the date as 27th (yesterday). So, I visited the collision repair center yesterday and I couldn't believe what they have done to my car. The rear fender was filled with thick coat of filler and have just painted over it without even leveling it or polishing it properly. I could see a lot of scratches on the places where filler has been applied and anybody could see these scratches even few meters away. And the curve shapes of the inner side of mud guards were no longer curves, their were bumps on the curves made by the filler. And believe me, this was the final finish and in other words ready to deliver stage.

So, I talk to the foreman and complained about the situation and asked him to get this fixed and do you know what this guy said ? He said that, then they will need two more days to finish this ! And the other factor I was disappointed again was, this guy hasn't painted my rear door but has charged in the bill as recommended by the insurgence company. So, when I queried the foreman he said he forgot about it and will paint it too.

So, today, I'm going to visit this SHITTING place again to see what they have done by today....

I don't know whether there are anybody here in this forum with the same bad experiences what I've experienced.

I really appreciate if you could recommend me any good places to get done paint jobs and collision repairs around Maharagama, Nugegoda, Nawala etc.

sorry to hear about your ordeal mate :(

I faced somewhat similar situ with KleenPark collision repair centre sometime ago... they too suck!

delivery dates are all lies... they will promise you a nice delivery date to get the business but once you're in...oh boy the ride :lol: dozens of calls...visits....excuses by them for getting it done etc etc.... It's far worse than having to tackle one of those small timers :) who by gets the same job done for probably 1/3 of the cost also :)

dunno about a good place in that area to recommend but hopefully someone else should be able to help you there :)

I also have an Alto and I have been to same place to buy spares. Of course I do not do any fixing of parts /services with them. Anyway I can tell you that they are so poor in terms of customer service. They act as if we are the financial beneficiaries of the transactions we do and not them! I didn't like their attitudes and how they service the customers. They got a bunch of jokers over there. So I can understand what they have done to your car. I wouldn't be surprised to hear many more bad experiences with A*W Suski service center because I saw how they operate. Chaotic to the max!

My garage is okay for paint jobs.....it is in Homagama

Once I had to get a repair done for my Van where a tractor loaded with rocks ripped open the side missing side window by inches, the job was good and I still go there. Anyone in need I will let you know the location :)

Thank you guys for replies and comments!

Yesterday I went there again (A*W - Kithulwaththa) and by the time of arrival they were working on the paint job of my car. However, they have done it to a somewhat satisfactory level by smoothing the surfaces and shapes. However, thought of making an official complain about this and I talked to the manager/head of the collision repair division (as I got to know of the person from workers there).

He kindly listened to me and was also kind enough to visit the site and talked to the so called Foreman and asked him to give the priority for my work and done it in the best possible way by rectifying all the defects. So, he promised me to deliver it today (29th).

I'm curios to see the end result today :-) !

BTW, I don't think this incident have any relationship with the management change since I've seen most of the workers assigned to my work were working there at A*W for a long period of time. So management change could have very less effect on worker's quality of work, but who knows what ?

No we replaced the door since my dad had one in stores.But the original door was repaired now and awaiting the paint work & a new owner. :) anyone? ;)

An over-worked underpaid lorry bugger caused the whole.Lost his sense of distance....He explained,...I braked hard ..turned sharply to avoid....sorry mahatthaya! :lol:

MINIACE

Edited by miniace

oh sad to hear about that!

i can recommend a place near karagampitiya which does quite a good job on the body.

ill get back wid da address

Yeah there is a good place..and I mentioned about the wonderful job they carried out.Now I cant find the topic to post the pics..Doing it here.

MINIACE

The finish quality looks very very brilliant Miniace. But by the way, what is this place? If you dont mind, please mention about the place as this could be a great help to any victim with a dented car looking for a good bodyshop. :jumping-smiley-013::jumping-smiley-013: From my knowledge, quality body workshops are very rare in Sri Lanka but this place of yours looks way above the quality standards. We would like to know what this place is? :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah there is a good place..and I mentioned about the wonderful job they carried out.Now I cant find the topic to post the pics..Doing it here.

MINIACE

Can u let knw da place?Im luking for gud place to get my1 done.

30042009059.jpg

Edited by 2F2F

@MINIACE - Woow ! That recovery looks awesome ! If you can mention the place (if you don't mind) here, it would be a great help for everybody.

@NPP - Thanks mate!

Finally, I got my car on the day as finalized after a lot of discussions (as I've mentioned earlier) with A*W collision repair centre people. However, I'm not much satisfied with the final outcome as there are few ripples on the painted surface of the LHS rear door and when I bring this to their concerns, the A*W guys asked me to bring the car back after few weeks as they will give a cut-polish to fix the problem. However, I brought my car home as I was fed-up with all these shits and hoping a cut-polish would fix it.

One more thing I would like to mention is, they don't consider of fixing internal body works(which are damaged due to collision). As an example, they hadn't properly shaped or rectified the inside of LHS fender and when I queried, they said, they don't give much finishing on internal shapes as it is not visible! (bull shit!)

The verdict of the whole story is, I'll never go to this place again for body works (but A*W workshop is quite good in fixing technical issues) and will find somewhere where I could trust on.

Thank you everybody for your kind comments and replies.

Yesterday, I faced with a really bad experience with A*W collision repair center at Kithulwaththa Road which I'm going to mention here as I do not want to let this happen to anybody else hereafter.       My car (an Alto) was hit by a 138 bus while I was keeping it stationery on a traffic on April 20th. The LHS break light, the buffer and the fender was damaged  and the rear door had little scratches. I decided to bring my car for the repair at A*W (the agents). The insurance company (who visited the A*W upon my phone call) accepted to replace the break light and the buffer and the the foreman there at A*W said the rear door and the fender needs to be fixed & painted and get approved everything.       The foreman said they need 6-7 days to finish the work and gave me the date as 27th (yesterday). So, I visited the collision repair center yesterday and I couldn't believe what they have done to my car.  The rear fender was filled with thick coat of filler and have just painted over it without even leveling it or polishing  it properly. I could see a lot of scratches on the places where filler has been applied and anybody could see these scratches even few meters away. And the curve shapes of the inner side of mud guards were no longer curves, their were bumps on the curves made by the filler. And believe me, this was the final finish and in other words ready to deliver stage.       So, I talk to the foreman and complained about the situation and asked him to get this fixed and do you know what this guy said ? He said that, then they will need two more days to finish this !  And the other factor I was disappointed again was, this guy hasn't painted my rear door but has charged in the bill as recommended by the insurgence company. So, when I queried the foreman he said he forgot about it and will paint it too.        So, today, I'm going to visit this SHITTING place again to see what they have done by today....       I don't know whether there are anybody here in this forum with the same bad experiences what I've experienced.       I really appreciate if you could recommend me any good places to get done paint jobs and collision repairs around Maharagama, Nugegoda, Nawala etc.
You could take it to Merc*ntile Investm*nts Workshop in Kohuwela, next to the L*ughs filling station. Very good at smash repairs and paint work. They have a paint booth and a in-house color mixing machine with Sikkens Akso-Nobel paints. They are approved by all the insurance copmanies too.

Cheers!

PR

You could take it to Merc*ntile Investm*nts Workshop in Kohuwela, next to the L*ughs filling station. Very good at smash repairs and paint work. They have a paint booth and a in-house color mixing machine with Sikkens Akso-Nobel paints. They are approved by all the insurance copmanies too.

Cheers!

PR

didn't someone on the forum get some work done there?? :unsure: can anyone share first hand experience about the place?? :huh:

Sorry guys for the late reply.

The place is SGL Motors 140 Mahabage road Elapitiwala Ragama.1.2km fro Colombo Negombo rd.

Phone 0114998206 .Owner is Mr Stanlet Fernando.

It took only 7 days for the job and it will take morethan than in future since he got two of my babes undergoing essential bodyworks there. :D

MINIACE