• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Accord

fuzzo

1) Practicality(fuel econo,spare prices, ability to wreck the car w/out damaging the ridability- nicely termed as HARDY CARS

2) image(be it Toyota, Nissan you buy it if u r a conservative family man, be it CIVIC most yougsters buy it)

3) Cylinder capacity, 1.3-1.5L is the most demanded. imagine some prefer 1.3L over 1.5L

I'm somehow offended by this. I'm not THAT old. And I'm def not a family man :jumping-smiley-013:

ah yes.. thanks machan...

and priceles isn't far behind :D

Hey, ado, wrong name. And I still have more than 80 to go.

wp28000xb.jpg

JDM Accord Euro R with Mugen styling........

for more info

http://www.mugen-power.com/street/accord/concept/index.html

hmmm, I actually like this. Sorta like a more angular Mazda3. Or am I thinking of a Mazda6?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JDM Accord Euro R with Mugen styling........

yeah i really like the new euro R as well but it was being sold for somethig like 5 mil... i don't think it's worth THAT much...

hmmm, I actually like this. Sorta like a more angular Mazda3. Or am I thinking of a Mazda6?

mazda6 is what you are thinking of...

my point is y do ppl buy a not-so-appealing bluebird instead of a pretty ok lookin accord (im talkin late 90's accord n late 90's bluebird)...both r deemed to b lousy on fuel

now thatz called LOCAL PEOPLE'S PERCEPTION, 90's were the pinnacle of success for the accord(especially in the USDM), but locally Honda had not turned the corner during most of the 90's, average man considered buying a Honda beneath them...

ehh ?

ok fine...

1. "Ignorant" is not name calling for one :) ( but still if you say it is name calling as the moderator, I'll take it back and my apologies goes to Newbie )

2. some people try to dis stuff just for the sake of dissing them.. they dont actualy have any logical grounds as in why they want to dis them... so they simply say "I dont like it" or what ever

3. "not enough cylinders" is then again a bit of a lame excuse for person who really doesnt know the technical side of something.. in simple english - the 3L V6 or the 2.4L motors are more than enough to drive that car.. or else as Newbie says they would have added more cylinders to the darn thing... so to rap it all up simply.. honda's are able to pour in more power with just a small engine ( now I'm not saying the other brands can not, as this is a Accord thread I'm only talking about Accords ) kabeesh ? 048: :)

but please dont put me on the honda category cause I'm just tryng to view my point here.. :angry-smiley-

hmm... beware of bashing especially Honda bashing in AL :huh: /just kidding

dont get all that annoyed with the alleged "only 4 bangers" thing... it was just an uninformed opinion :P

I'm somehow offended by this. I'm not THAT old. And I'm def not a family man :)

Hey, ado, wrong name. And I still have more than 80 to go.

may be that was not a very fair thing to say that NISSAN is conservative, i was really refering to the mainstream buyers of the normal Sunny, blubird Sylphy etc. not rarer pieces like the Vzr, anyway i take that comment back as i cannot support that claim with facts ... who knows i might end up wit a nissan one of these days :huh: BTW being conservative isn't bad is it?

hows it going???

according to that honda accord question, i just bought a 1996 Honda Accord EX. Here in the U.S accords are like the best cars, for me i think accords and hondas are more popular just second to the camry market. I have a 2.2 Litre 4 cylinder VTEC engine and it runs real good, does better than my old V6 3.0 Ford Taurus. Also they have the new Hybrid Accords which looks real cool. :) so not sure why Accords are not popular in sl. :P

hows it going???

according to that honda accord question, i just bought a 1996 Honda Accord EX. Here in the U.S accords are like the best cars, for me i think accords and hondas are more popular just second to the camry market. I have a 2.2 Litre 4 cylinder VTEC engine and it runs real good, does better than my old V6 3.0 Ford Taurus. Also they have the new Hybrid Accords which looks real cool. :) so not sure why Accords are not popular in sl. :P

Hi there, looks to be a great honda fan!

Hey have you seen the new Camry(2006), boy thatz some serious competition to the Accord, I guess the Camry will move even higher with itz sales with it and achieve quite a margin ahead of the Accord!!! i dont think that Honda is doing enough with Accord...

the only reason why SL accord are not so popular is(BTW they are catching up)

1) Perception(manistream SL is addcited to Toyota)

2) Agent(Our local agent charges arms and limbs for spares and cars too)

Hi there, looks to be a great honda fan!

Hey have you seen the new Camry(2006), boy thatz some serious competition to the Accord, I guess the Camry will move even higher with itz sales with it and achieve quite a margin ahead of the Accord!!! i dont think that Honda is doing enough with Accord...

the only reason why SL accord are not so popular is(BTW they are catching up)

1) Perception(manistream SL is addcited to Toyota)

2) Agent(Our local agent charges arms and limbs for spares and cars too)

fast reply,

yeah actually my family has one 06 camry XLE, including leather its a nice car, im not a big toyota camry fan, hondas are more sportier and cheap to modify i guess, i also heard that the they have a low market for accords in sl, and at the same time toyota prius (the hybrid) has a very very succesful market....

this is my opinion on why the accord didnt do wel lin SL

in the past, honda has been known to have expensive spares and not freely available in the market.

a few years ago, 6 lakhs would have been a good price for a civic. now they are going well over 8. the civic market just shot up after the modification and drag scene took off. ofcourse movies like F&F also helped revive the civic.

i think if the modifying crew moved onto accords, in a few months the accord market will pick up as well. ofcourse there are far less accords than civics in SL...

just my 2 cents....

ps. if i was given a budget of 1 mil, i would probably go for a accord

actually machan this is another form of marketing.. i get people thinking along these lines.. then i can expand my projector product range ;):action-smiley-060:

brilliant! now ur expanding to the father market...teach me how u do it man...ur a giftd thambi ;)