• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Accord

fuzzo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had 2 different Accords in the family from 92-96 and the model that came out after that till 2000. First one was a manual and the second was autogear. Both must've given about 2 days of trouble each(max), and that's each car running over 150,000km with us. But when they did give trouble the repairs were rather costly, and yea I suppose the parts must've been expensive back then. Didn't see that many accords on the SL roads those days but there are much more now. I'm not sure how their fuel efficiency was but they sure were reliable, and I'm sure the new ones are equally reliable :action-smiley-060: Depending on how you use it you're probably not going to run many repairs.

PS: Bout 2 years ago someone at Stafford told me they were servicing a normal Exi Civic belonging to some government concern, which at the time had over 650thousand KM in mileage(car was about 6 years old,was apparantly running to K'gala-colombo and all daily) and get this, had NEVER had any technical problems which required any spare parts, except for the standard replacements due to wear and tear of course. They were even thinking of putting that in an ad for Civics to show their reliability, donno what happened in the end. But there's a reliable car ;)

TOO FEW CYLINDERS then that should go out to the main competotor the camry too...

BTW don't forget tha in North America accord is available in V6 too, thatz one heck of a mid sized ride!!!

----

replying on the topic:

I agree on your first point and even though I own a Toyota it is my firm belief that big cars should have big engines...... and I assure you I will not but the Camry either....

Now your second point May be if the cars in Sl had 6 cylinders.....hmmmm...even though I am not a honda Fan it would be worthy of admiration.....My opinion.....

A small or mid size car... 4cylinders good big car 4Cylinders badddd......

Just to let you know my tasts in cars....Toyota Crown.....yes..The ole Cefiro...Yes.. The new Cefiro...yes..yes..yes.....Give me a Big car with more than 4 Cylinders under the hood.... Any day...wellll withouth the obvious odd one...

Just to let you know my tasts in cars....Toyota Crown.....yes..The ole Cefiro...Yes.. The new Cefiro...yes..yes..yes.....Give me a Big car with more than 4 Cylinders under the hood.... Any day...wellll withouth the obvious odd one...

errr i knw of a cefiro for sale

I agree on your first point and even though I own a Toyota it is my firm belief that big cars should have big engines...... and I assure you I will not but the Camry either....

Now your second point May be if the cars in Sl had 6 cylinders.....hmmmm...even though I am not a honda Fan it would be worthy of admiration.....My opinion.....

A small or mid size car... 4cylinders good big car 4Cylinders badddd......

I anticipate a reply from a certain moderator about a certain 6 cylinder car soon....

errr i knw of a cefiro for sale

And he beats me to the reply by two minutes :)

ehh ?

ok fine...

1. "Ignorant" is not name calling for one ;) ( but still if you say it is name calling as the moderator, I'll take it back and my apologies goes to Newbie )

2. some people try to dis stuff just for the sake of dissing them.. they dont actualy have any logical grounds as in why they want to dis them... so they simply say "I dont like it" or what ever

3. "not enough cylinders" is then again a bit of a lame excuse for person who really doesnt know the technical side of something.. in simple english - the 3L V6 or the 2.4L motors are more than enough to drive that car.. or else as Newbie says they would have added more cylinders to the darn thing... so to rap it all up simply.. honda's are able to pour in more power with just a small engine ( now I'm not saying the other brands can not, as this is a Accord thread I'm only talking about Accords ) kabeesh ? 048: :blush:

but please dont put me on the honda category cause I'm just tryng to view my point here.. :angry-smiley-

1. Apology accepted dragster....There was no offence teken either.... we are all adults and any thing said in the right spirit should be taken in the same spirit.....

2. I was and am not dissing honda....Its just not my make of car... I do not lie it..... I hate Necto... but I like orange crush....I dont like Pepsi but I like Coke.....Now does that soubd like dissing Necto .. and Pepsi...

3. Ignorant I may be but the fact remains I prefer larger engins.... a march might kick the shit outa a 4.2L V6 89 Ford Fairlane but I still would tip my hat to tha fairlane.... to me its not about how fast out of the block it is Its more of the feel of it....

4. A V6 or straight 6 or more should be above atleast 3l.....But I have to do with what we have in SL......

5. I have given MY reasons for not buying a Honda Accord....

4. A V6 or straight 6 or more should be above atleast 3l.....But I have to do with what we have in SL......

I guess ur not gonna like that 1.8l V6 engine I was looking at in the Eunos? ;) Or come to think of it the RB26DET in the Skyline :blush:

hush hush...this is an accord thread!

p.s. newbi my contact details r on d classifieds...lol jk

My first Choice was the Cefiro when the company offerd me a car....that is before I found ourt the budget.....welll The budget was good....saw the Verosa ...was big... Had cylinders under the hood...rearwheel drive.. sounded good... soo... well I got the Toyota... Thas my story.......lol

come to think of it the RB26DET in the Skyline :blush:

lol..... I swear this is my last post in this thread..... lol

A buddy of mine that works for Comptech Motorsports in Nor Cal, the Honda/Acura guys, sent me these pics.

The first is of the Honda R&D Acura TL that ran in the 25 Hours of Thunderhill and the other is, I'm assuming, one of some of the cars they keep for research purposes, or customer cars. That older-model black NSX looks hot.

hondard25hourtl9bw.jpg

2comptech111059ih.jpg

My first Choice was the Cefiro when the company offerd me a car....that is before I found ourt the budget.....welll The budget was good....saw the Verosa ...was big... Had cylinders under the hood...rearwheel drive.. sounded good... soo... well I got the Toyota... Thas my story.......lol

no problem about earlier dude... point taken.. so you like ornage crush? jk... he he

hey verosa is a nice car man.. what color ?

but somehow I like the mark2... sleek...

A buddy of mine that works for Comptech Motorsports in Nor Cal, the Honda/Acura guys, sent me these pics.

The first is of the Honda R&D Acura TL that ran in the 25 Hours of Thunderhill and the other is, I'm assuming, one of some of the cars they keep for research purposes, or customer cars. That older-model black NSX looks hot.

WOW...... great pics man... that's like heaven to me

Dude, these images are a bit large and take a long time to load. Plus, it messes up the table structure. Can u put the thumbnails up instead?

VEROSA is a nice ride... BTW how much was it?