• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car For Around 1.4mil - 1.6mil

Hi guys

I am looking to buy a manual sedan for around 1.4 - 1.6 mil. Please give me your comments on the following cars on their fuel consumption, maintenance, performance and resale value.

1 - Lancer CS1

2 - Mazda Familia

3 - Sunny FB15

4 - Corolla AE110

Please suggest any other options

Thanks

Harry (aq)

if you want a realibale workhorse that would keep running as long as there is gas in the tank - then Corolla AE110

wanna feel sporty - the Familia

FB15 - there are quite a lot (may be too many) of them on the streets so them no headturners anymore

Edited by HardHat

Hi guys

I am looking to buy a manual sedan for around 1.4 - 1.6 mil. Please give me your comments on the following cars on their fuel consumption, maintenance, performance and resale value.

1 - Lancer CS1

2 - Mazda Familia

3 - Sunny FB15

4 - Corolla AE110

Thanks

Harry (aq)

Hi Harry,

My vote would be the Mazda Famillia or 323

I have a 323.....Its a good and reliable car. Fun to drive too.

The guys of the Mazda Ford Owners Club can also vouch for this.

Edited by SHAI

Hi Harry,

My vote would be the Mazda Famillia or 323

I have a 323.....Its a good and reliable car. Fun to drive too.

The guys of the Mazda Ford Owners Club can also vouch for this.

Yup, Mazda is what I can recommend, cos I own one. Does well on gas, (of course depends on how you drive) mine does up to 10km per litre in colombo. Try to get your hands on a manual transmission.

If you need any specific details, let us know.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Friends, I brought this topic back without opening a new one since the heading explains what I want to know.

One of my friends is considering to buy a car. His budget is around 1.5m. He considers fuel economy, maintenance and resale value. The car should be manufactured in 2000 or later. Following are his preferences;

1. Mazda familia /323 (what is the difference between two)

2. Mitsubishi lancer

3. Suzuki swift

4. Toyota vitz

5. Nissan sunny FB15

which one is the best option? Or suggest any other model he can consider.

Thanks.

Friends, I brought this topic back without opening a new one since the heading explains what I want to know.

One of my friends is considering to buy a car. His budget is around 1.5m. He considers fuel economy, maintenance and resale value. The car should be manufactured in 2000 or later. Following are his preferences;

2. Mitsubishi lancer

3. Suzuki swift

4. Toyota vitz

5. Nissan sunny FB15

Thanks.

g0 for a EK 3 Vi if possible.... try to find a one with english plates.

2. Mitsubishi lancer

3. Suzuki swift

4. Toyota vitz

5. Nissan sunny FB15

Thanks.

Familia is the domestic /Japanese version whilst 323 is more European/Singapore market cars- the 323 has a better ground clearance but both have the same parts – does a decent figure on fuel & has good power – even the auto’s

Familia is the domestic /Japanese version whilst 323 is more European/Singapore market cars- the 323 has a better ground clearance but both have the same parts – does a decent figure on fuel & has good power – even the auto’s

Is the Familia better than 323 in terms of build quality and comfort? Are there any variants in Familia/323? (like SE, LX G etc in toyotas)

Edited by chana

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys

1 - Lancer CS1

2 - Mazda Familia

3 - Sunny FB15

4 - Corolla AE110

Thanks

Harry (aq)

Machan, I don't know you have got one. I have driven 3 of aboev except for Lancer. I got Civic EK3 Vi.

That is the best you can for with in above range. It simply best i got in same class of vehicals

Yup, Mazda is what I can recommend, cos I own one. Does well on gas, (of course depends on how you drive) mine does up to 10km per litre in colombo. Try to get your hands on a manual transmission.

If you need any specific details, let us know.

Good luck.

Mazda is the best. I own BJ5P Auto 2001, does 10km per liter in City. :jumping-smiley-013: Great car.

Good luck

Thilak

Is the Familia better than 323 in terms of build quality and comfort? Are there any variants in Familia/323? (like SE, LX G etc in toyotas)

No change in the build quality or comforts - few changes such as airbags , interior etc….the engines are the same. The 323 comes (there are exceptions ) with a 1.6 CC whilst Familiar is genrally 1.5CC.

It’s also known as Protégé in the US and now that’s a good buy. They have 1.8 and 2L engines and the shells are better looking in my opinion.

Yes you do get LX ES etc… but not seen many over here – the 323 is GLX (Singapore)

Overall it’s a great car and quite good on petrol too the VVTI’s are even better on fuel I was told.