• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Battery Cells Replacement

fatjoe

Question

Guys,

I've only heard about this but never seen or tried. Is it possible to replace the dead cells of a battery?

How is this Done?

how effective is this?

And ne places that do this?

Thanks and Cheers

6 answers to this question

never heard of this mate... i doubt this is true cos if it was it would be more publicized... also different battery brands have different cell sizes etc so it would be tough to get a "generic replacement cell"...

people used to do it about 1-2 year ago. They open the battry up. replace the deformed lead plates. replaces the damaged insulators with ?cardboard.

I got the jeep with 2 such batteries. They tend to stop funcionaing all of a sudden because of shorting due to poor insulation.

Battery shops told me they are not practicing it anymore.

people used to do it about 1-2 year ago. They open the battry up. replace the deformed lead plates. replaces the damaged insulators with ?cardboard.

I got the jeep with 2 such batteries. They tend to stop funcionaing all of a sudden because of shorting due to poor insulation.

Battery shops told me they are not practicing it anymore.

true; this is useless.

true; this is useless.

coincidently this came up while i'm trying to get a job done like this. Heard of a place where he repairs the battery for few k bucks and gives a 1yr warranty. Will keep you guys updated. But the end product doesn't look good they say with fibered casin and all

coincidently this came up while i'm trying to get a job done like this. Heard of a place where he repairs the battery for few k bucks and gives a 1yr warranty. Will keep you guys updated. But the end product doesn't look good they say with fibered casin and all

I dont remember the exact place (was my dad who got it done), but there is a place that does it. Basically open it up take out the old lead core, put in a new core and seal it back up. It cost about 4k for a 65A battery few months ago. And yes they give a warranty, and yes the battery still works fine.

I dont remember the exact place (was my dad who got it done), but there is a place that does it. Basically open it up take out the old lead core, put in a new core and seal it back up. It cost about 4k for a 65A battery few months ago. And yes they give a warranty, and yes the battery still works fine.

If you want to increase the battery life, there is a product they say it increase the life up to 8 years. We have t buy 6 pills for Rs 1500.00 and shall be added yearly. But this should be done before the battery is dead. I added in May 2009 to my car battery which will pass two years on Nov 2009 still it performing well. Do u guys have any experiance of this?