• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Egr Line Blocking Localy

john cooper

Hi friend,

Recently i had seen my delica engine (4D56 T) EGR unit blocked using the blanking plate, and my van over heating due to some reason, so ill read some forums on the net and some people who using Delica's all over the world they giving diff comments about EGR blocking, some dude said EGR for japanees emition test standerds and no need of that 4 other countrys.

another person said if u remove that fuel going down and pulling power going down and over heating the engine,

If u have any idea about EGR pls share it,

thanks

Cheers.

JC.

Hi friend,

Recently i had seen my delica engine (4D56 T) EGR unit blocked using the blanking plate, and my van over heating due to some reason, so ill read some forums on the net and some people who using Delica's all over the world they giving diff comments about EGR blocking, some dude said EGR for japanees emition test standerds and no need of that 4 other countrys.

another person said if u remove that fuel going down and pulling power going down and over heating the engine,

If u have any idea about EGR pls share it,

thanks

Cheers.

JC.

the egr removal would only increase emissions. cos everything else isn't that noticeable. the overheating could be just a coincidence or due to a bad cut and shut job of the header. i'm betting on the second one. would you like post some pics of the job jc? i'm also thinking something else may have been damaged during the operation. was the intake side sealed properly? cos the overheating could be a result of hot air absorption. and is the egr outlet before the turbo or after the turbo?

Machan jadey,

first of all i need to change my van duel AC condensor cos its blocking all the air, its at the center but its originaly coming to the left side so i am gone change that soon.but i am not satisfy with the pulling power of my engine, is it cos of the EGR machan???????? Jadey u ask me a Q ne how cn i findout its after or before the Turbo????

i shouldn't really comment on this without seeing the actual job. but sounds like somethings gone seriously wrong.

the outlet is usualy on a primary pipe of the header. and i got a feeling thats clogged up during the cut and shut job.

i think its best if you start by making sure the header is not blocked in any way.

the condenser couldn't have much effect on the engine cooling. but a blocked header might. and the loss of performance could be due to the backpressure. or the intake side not being mended properly. thus losing boost.

John,

EGRs are also used in US cars and they are for emissions reason only. It should not affect your water temperature. I ran with the EGR blocked off on my Supra for years. Never had a cooling issue related to the EGR blocking.

I think your cooling issue is elsewhere in the cooling system. Could be the blocked radiator or pipes and/or the thermostat.

John,

EGRs are also used in US cars and they are for emissions reason only. It should not affect your water temperature. I ran with the EGR blocked off on my Supra for years. Never had a cooling issue related to the EGR blocking.

I think your cooling issue is elsewhere in the cooling system. Could be the blocked radiator or pipes and/or the thermostat.

True!

A disabled or disconnected EGR will have no effect with overheating.In SL it will have no effect at all.The only concern could be the moment it is disabled, either by disconnecting the electrics to valve or blanking vaccum line ,the Check engine caution appears.In JCs case its not an issue!

MINIACE

hi friends,

Jadey,Mania and others help me with their words TKS, today i move ma D A/C condensor to another place and nw the problem is seems ok,now its at original locationof the delica and nw no problem, and 2marow i was planing to remove the blanking plate of EGR and check

thanks

Cheers

JC

Edited by john cooper

True!

A disabled or disconnected EGR will have no effect with overheating.In SL it will have no effect at all.The only concern could be the moment it is disabled, either by disconnecting the electrics to valve or blanking vaccum line ,the Check engine caution appears.In JCs case its not an issue!

MINIACE

An easy way to keep the check engine caution light from appearing is to install a 10K ohm 1/2 watt resistor into the unpluged connector. That will 'fool' the computer into thinking that the EGR is pluged in and functioning.

JC, glad things worked out for you.

An easy way to keep the check engine caution light from appearing is to install a 10K ohm 1/2 watt resistor into the unpluged connector. That will 'fool' the computer into thinking that the EGR is pluged in and functioning.

JC, glad things worked out for you.

Hey some good fooling techs.Thanks Mani!

MINIACE

Not my idea. I'm not that smart :)

Old Supra trick to keep the valves from being burnt. Some electrical guy figured it out and written an article on it.

Super cool..im of course kinda reluctant to play around with stuff directly communicating with computer.This gave me some pat to try few.Thanks Mani!

MINIACE

Hi mates,

2day i remove the blanking plate of EGR and check its in correct order, but i have notice 1 thing when the Turbo is start working at 1500RPM the silancer Gate is not opening seems its a problem of a vacuume system cos da line is not working, what that gate really doing??????

TKS

JC