• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Diesel Converted Vehicle Registrations

thusithasam

apparently now the law has changed as the vehicle should be at least 4 years old from the date of first registration to carry out

1. Petrol to Diesel (vise versa) engine swap (engine change within the registered fuel type is permitted)

2. Body change

You can do a convertion, It costs abt 30,000 bucks as convertion tax, u'll get a 325- number plate

its Rs.250,000 actually... and not sure on the pre-english plates(though it makes sense to be given a 325 plate), but english numbers dont change.

its Rs.250,000 actually... and not sure on the pre-english plates(though it makes sense to be given a 325 plate), but english numbers dont change.

but do they add the P or D if it isn't there already or alter the existing one? :huh:

but do they add the P or D if it isn't there already or alter the existing one? :huh:

I guess so, and in case if you obtain new plates from RMV (due to damaged plates or s'thing), even if your original plates didn't have P or D initially, the new plates will carry P or D or E ;).

well, no.. we're still on the old plate... the RMV said they'll tell us when to bring in the old plate to trade in for the new one, but they never did, and the lack of the P/D didnt bother us so didnt pursure the issue...

:rolleyes:

There are reasons you should pay attention to all the exhibits at car shows, Dev. Now go thru the galleries again.

Lol. Back to Dev's question it's nothing than the car imported by C*ylinco automobiles.. REVA or s'thing. It's a two seater toy like car

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REVA

Lol. Back to Dev's question it's nothing than the car imported by C*ylinco automobiles.. REVA or s'thing. It's a two seater toy like car

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REVA

that i know of , but were any really sold by them?? i recall a showroon adjoining Pizza Hut on Union Place..

but what i was asking about was about locally produced electric cars

Reva at university of Moratuwa is Black, and it is driven by(I think he owns it) a lecturer at the Electrical Engineering Dept. Looks pretty toy-ish and small, probably a design to save weight. And it is going up & down the University hill every trip. So I guess there is the "Electric" Torque, but not much speed.

that i know of , but were any really sold by them?? i recall a showroon adjoining Pizza Hut on Union Place..

but what i was asking about was about locally produced electric cars

there are locally "converted" electric vehicles, don't know about any large scale local manufacturing or assembling of electric vehicles.

03122007001.th.jpg